Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Website changes
(05-02-2013, 02:24 PM)Yabu link Wrote: [quote author=MrGuarnere link=topic=9744.msg79676#msg79676 date=1360073829]
[quote author=Lord Striker link=topic=9744.msg79671#msg79671 date=1360073069]
PS while we're on the subject of item information: Could all item stats be updated on the website if this hasn't been done already?

That is on our list but its such a shitty and painful job we're focusing on adding more content as its more fun Tongue But it will be done.
[/quote]
I don't know if it's possible, but it would be great if you could let trusted members of the community do that type of shitty jobs. Of course I don't include me, that would be way to much work. Smile
[/quote]

Don't worry, this is coming. Currently we are building the robots to do it for us. Unfortunately our previous units were too restrained and our first Bender type unit has failed emissions tests. We are currently looking to reclassify it as an SUV. Claims that it has thus far refused to cooperate and drinks all the beer are greatly exaggerated.
Slowly being bled dry by NI... Please help me and donate!
(05-02-2013, 02:38 PM)Naozumi link Wrote: [quote author=Yabu link=topic=9744.msg79682#msg79682 date=1360074290]
[quote author=MrGuarnere link=topic=9744.msg79676#msg79676 date=1360073829]
[quote author=Lord Striker link=topic=9744.msg79671#msg79671 date=1360073069]
PS while we're on the subject of item information: Could all item stats be updated on the website if this hasn't been done already?

That is on our list but its such a shitty and painful job we're focusing on adding more content as its more fun Tongue But it will be done.
[/quote]
I don't know if it's possible, but it would be great if you could let trusted members of the community do that type of shitty jobs. Of course I don't include me, that would be way to much work. Smile
[/quote]

Don't worry, this is coming. Currently we are building the robots to do it for us. Unfortunately our previous units were too restrained and our first Bender type unit has failed emissions tests. We are currently looking to reclassify it as an SUV. Claims that it has thus far refused to cooperate and drinks all the beer are greatly exaggerated.
[/quote]

Hehe. But isnt it possible to read out the item.txt, at least for the item stats? Of course not for the class requierment.
Ye you would think it would be that easy wouldnt you Tongue Unfortunately it wasn't coded that way and the website has no concept of what that file is or what NI is, so it cant just take that file. It all needs to be done by hand. However I've already started work on this, just need to find me a new robot to do all the typing.
"And it goes a little something like this..."
Just thought because you could easily convert it into a .csv and replace whitespace to ; .
Dont know if this helps because my only coding knowledge is c++ and there you could actually read it out more or less easily.
Item names include whitespace Wink

Don't worry though, I promise this will happen shortly. It is an elevated priority within the dev team!
Slowly being bled dry by NI... Please help me and donate!
That file contains about 30 different entries per item, out of all those I need 1 as the other pieces of data that the website needs are on the database and cannot be obtained from this file.

They are just not compatible. Its like saying "Lets put petrol into a diesel engine, its all liquid, it'll work" Tongue
Let me see if I understand this...

The actual item stats that are used in-game stored in an item_kinds1.txt on the server.
The stats displayed on the website are stored in an SQL database.

Is this correct?
CC_Warden_Kip | CC_Sentinel_Kip | CC_Guard_Kip | CC_Zweihander_Kip | CC_Marksman_Kip | CC_Pavise_Kip | CC_Peltast_Kip | CC_Marauder_Kip | others...
(05-02-2013, 04:23 PM)MrGuarnere link Wrote: That file contains about 30 different entries per item, out of all those I need 1 as the other pieces of data that the website needs are on the database and cannot be obtained from this file.

They are just not compatible. Its like saying "Lets put petrol into a diesel engine, its all liquid, it'll work" Tongue
Yeah maybe more work than i have expected. Was just a suggestion to try it that way.
But i have no clue how your database works or look like. So i just shut up and stop keeping you from work Tongue
(05-02-2013, 04:32 PM)Kip link Wrote: Let me see if I understand this...

The actual item stats that are used in-game stored in an item_kinds1.txt on the server.
The stats displayed on the website are stored in an SQL database.

Is this correct?

Correct. The item_kinds1.txt is on server and local.
What if there was a php file (not actually part of the website) that went through the item_kinds1.txt file and entered the information into the SQL database.  The php file could then be run manually after updates or set to run on a schedule.  That way, there would be no overhead on the website and the existing market page could be unchanged.
CC_Warden_Kip | CC_Sentinel_Kip | CC_Guard_Kip | CC_Zweihander_Kip | CC_Marksman_Kip | CC_Pavise_Kip | CC_Peltast_Kip | CC_Marauder_Kip | others...