Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Poll: What gets closest to your opinion about the below suggested quest-overhaul?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Finally!
15.38%
2 15.38%
Most of them would be fine!
15.38%
2 15.38%
Some of them I could agree on!
53.85%
7 53.85%
Quest are fine as they are!
15.38%
2 15.38%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Quest Overhaul
Hi Guys!

As I was hoping for the above to happen with this patch, I find it necessary to at least post this reminder.
There are many outdated quests, senseless rewards and still nothing for cavalry. In my eyes it would be
a huge improvement and motivation for players to give the quest section an overhaul.

Here's a copy of a list I once sent to a Dev on request without yet receiving a reply...

Good Morning!

Here's a list of those quests and suggestions concerning a better balance:

Beginner:
As the time for a new char to get assist xp on a beginner server is very limited it can be very
uncomfortable if the respective quests aren't completed before the level cap is reached.

Say your Prayers:
30 Nord Nun/Priests-->15
Their speed and damage is nice, so it might be worth a thought to use them in Normal as well.

Serf's Up:
42 Nord Serfs-->20
It takes way too much time to complete after the level cap.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Normal:
Angriff! Angriff!:
25 Mercenary Zweihander-->10, 5000G-->2000G, 2 days
This is an alt wave with 1/3rd chance to appear and takes too long if you're unlucky. Reduction to
10 takes it to an average of twice their appearance in a run to complete both solo and public if you're
not Aigle for example, but if you were, you wouldn't need the 2k [Image: wink.png]

Crazy Repeatermen:
30 Nord Repeatermen-->15, 4000G-->3000G, 2 days
Same as above. Too many runs to complete.

Dodge This!:
30 Hired Javlineers-->10, 2 days
Same as above.

The Dark Side:
35 Swadian Deserters-->15, 2 days
Too less bots, especially when not done solo.

Defender of Swadia:
900 Nord Thegn/Skirms-->500 (alt wave)
500 Nord Pikemen-->700
300 Royal Huscarls-->400

Gotcha Bloody Bastards!:
unique-->30 days

Prince Slayer:
unique-->7 days

Heads, Spikes, Walls!:
25 Hired Assassins-->50, 5000-->1x Small Lump of Lead

Real Soldier:
10000G-->20000G, unique-->7 days

Ignore the Head...: (Maybe change name as they don't have shields)
1000G-->3000G, 2 days

Collecting Heads: (This one and Prince Slayer are the best quests in Normal imo)
To reflect and balance the fact that there are many alt waves with 1/3rd or 1/2
chance of appearance I'd suggest to change single wave bot numbers to 9, while
leaving alt wave bots at 3 (1/3rd) respectively 6 (1/2), namely Light Infantry,
Berserker, Blade Master, Zhug, Sea Raider, Thegn, Skirms, Javs, Shock Trooper,
Raider, Repeatermen, Sergeants, Chosen, Zweis and Fatsods.
5000G-->15000G, 3 days
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hard:
In general there are too less Hard quests. When thinking of long term efforts for players, I would start here.

Collecting Heads II:
Same as above with 10000G-->30000G

Defender of Calradia:
900 Royal Assassins-->700
500 Queens Guard-->300 (alt wave)
500 Nord Heavy Huscarls-->300 (alt wave)
300 Fimbul Winter Warrior-->500

In it for the Long Haul II:
500 Nord Master Hunter-->300
500 Varangian Guard-->300
300 Bear Clan Hunter-->200
100 Mercenary Ballistamen-->300

Investigation Time:
5000G-->10000G

Time to Retire the Veterans:
5000G-->10000G

King Slayer:
unique-->7 days
These bosses do not produce the same amount of salt as they're easier.
Same goes for Prince Slayer. The rewards are moderate, so it's acceptable
for most players not to get the required kill imediately.

You and Whose Army?:
50 Queens Guard-->30 (alt wave)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ragnarok:
Break the Shields...:
10000G-->20000G

Whalers of Ragnarok:
10000G-->15000G

Can't Hit A Moving Target II:
30 Einherjar Sniper-->10

Collecting Heads III: Is fine as these bots are way harder to get.

Congratulations, Minion Killer! : One of the best!
25000G-->30000G

God Slayer: Remove. Takes ages, not worth the salt or the reward.

In it for the Long Haul III:
500 Spawn of Loki-->300
500 Dvergar Ballistamen-->100
100 Siege Master-->50
100 Einherjar Pikemen-->300
100 Nord Chosen Champion-->200
250000G-->500000G

Legacy of a Hero: This quest is - and should be - unique, as well as the reward: 1m/Phoenix Feather

Besieged:
50 Siege Masters-->10
(Imo there are two solutions for this utmost annoying bot: A whole wave of them, or the adjustments here.
Same goes for Rag Followers with their 1/3rd chance of appearance.)

Clan Hunter:
50 Wolf Clan Warrior-->15 (alt wave)

Defender of Midgard:
500 Thor's Chosen-->300 They are as slow to get as Odins Chosen. Might be their armor. W12 Rag is harder
than w15.
900 Einherjar Sniper-->700
250000G-->500000G

End Their Trolling Days!:
15000G-->40000G

Prime Slayer: Remove. Takes ages. Not worth the salt or reward.

Send Them Back to Valhalla:
10000G-->25000G

The Artillery Must Be Destroyed!:
30 Dvergar Ballistamen-->10
20 Siege Masters-->5
25000G-->30000G

Rising from the Ashes:
500 Dvergar Ballistamen-->200
500 Follower of Hati/Skoll/Vanagandr-->200 (alt wave)
500 Nord Chosen Champion-->300
500 Siege Master-->100
500 Wolf Clan Warrior-->300 (alt wave)
500 Fire Jotne-->300 (alt wave)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cavalry:
In general there should be a lot more quests for cav. Apart from that, to make runs quicker and at the same time
still challenging, more bots per wave and waayy less mounted bots that are ranged. To compensate that there
should be more mounted melee bots and less infantry within waves. Good for the loot and the motivation to play,
apart from the gain in realism, as it's Cav after all [Image: wink.png]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Miscellanious: Remove. Not worth it at all.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've also included a poll. Thanks in advance for reading and voting!
"Dedicated Nord Farmer"

Legendary Loots:
28.04.18 Royal Helmet
04.11.18 Leather Overmail
26.12.18 Severance
04.03.19 Aurora Blade
07.03.19 Illustrious
08.04.19 Sun Glaive
05.10.19 Severance
I'm against making quests easier and against making unique quests repeatable.

What for beginner quests they could be changed, whatever.

To remove salt from God Slayer it should require being in the server rather then lasthitting the boss.
(16-07-2019, 12:49 PM)Forward Wrote: I'm against making quests easier and against making unique quests repeatable.

What for beginner quests they could be changed, whatever.

To remove salt from God Slayer it should require being in the server rather then lasthitting the boss.

It is true that a rather small number of quests would be easier. However, the overwhelming amount of
those changes I suggested would just make them faster to complete. I do not consider faster=easier.
Rather there are more time limits on them that let you feel the progress of having just completed a quest.
As a result, there isn't even that much more gain in terms of gold, as you'd have to wait longer to complete
a quest again.
As for the unique quests (except for Legacy): What is the point of not being able to repeat Prince - or Kingslayer?
Rewards for them aren't outrageously high and the time frame to complete one is challenging enough. Those
are good quests that shouldn't disappear from the list, but provide more fun after a quite significant wait to
be eligible again.
"Dedicated Nord Farmer"

Legendary Loots:
28.04.18 Royal Helmet
26.12.18 Severance
04.03.19 Aurora Blade
07.03.19 Illustrious
08.04.19 Sun Glaive
05.10.19 Severance
cav needs more quest and the 2 broken fixed (1 has a missing bot no longer in game, the other ridiculous number for a w13 maybe bot)

w13 either spawns mercenary crossbowmen, nord heavy thrower or nord master hunter, in small quantities

yet the quest needs around 70 of those (heavy thrower) while only needing 50 ulfhedins
So you want to simultaneously raise the reward and lower the bar on the achievement.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
(16-07-2019, 04:09 PM)Malong Wrote: So you want to simultaneously raise the reward and lower the bar on the achievement.

That is not really the idea. While in some cases where the bar is rediculously high, like the "Rising from the Ashes" quest,
you're right, in most cases like collecting heads, I would simply like bot numbers to be adjusted, reflecting all those alt waves
that yet do not seem to be considered when the quests were created. This is about balance, not about ease.
"Dedicated Nord Farmer"

Legendary Loots:
28.04.18 Royal Helmet
26.12.18 Severance
04.03.19 Aurora Blade
07.03.19 Illustrious
08.04.19 Sun Glaive
05.10.19 Severance
For Rise of the Ashes for example that might help those focussing cades, I've to say that my Pavise was done with most of ranged besides anything else (except single-waves as W3), as I mostly peek ranged and could say I'd like the melee-bots in 13 lowered, but thats just not sense of the quest.
[Image: w6ZxTrO.png] Total: Loots: 56 & Upgrades: 30
  • 2018: _1 | __
  • 2019: 15 | 10
  • 2020: 17 | 13
  • 2021: 15 | _4
  • 2022: _8 | _3

‌‌ ‌‌Julia's little Armory | Steam
(16-07-2019, 05:39 PM)Green_Dragon Wrote:
(16-07-2019, 04:09 PM)Malong Wrote: So you want to simultaneously raise the reward and lower the bar on the achievement.

That is not really the idea. While in some cases where the bar is rediculously high, like the "Rising from the Ashes" quest,
you're right, in most cases like collecting heads, I would simply like bot numbers to be adjusted, reflecting all those alt waves
that yet do not seem to be considered when the quests were created. This is about balance, not about ease.

(01-07-2019, 07:40 PM)Malong Wrote: But the bottlenecks are a big point of the quest: if a player wants to complete them efficiently, then that person needs to think about how to best approach this from a problem solving perspective. In my opinion, this is a great prerequisite to impose on the community.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.