Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Houses in general
This topic on a basic level I've had in my notes for about half a year but I'm still unsure whats the best way to go about it. 

This is a strange request as I'm asking for answers to the questions you see here. I have answer(s) to the questions you see and even a few more but will hold of it as I'm still unsure if I have the best ones on this topic. 
My solution will get backlash talking to people but it can do some things the system will not allow atm. If someone has the same idea or enough people ask ill show what I would do on this topic.

The main question is: 

How can we make more house events happen when we have so many people in the same houses? If we did allow houses to hold more than 2 events pr week... 

1. How do we make more events happen at different times/days? If we only have a few active houses we only have a few people picking times that suit them. 
  2. If you have so many members when you hold an event you don't even have space for all of them the question is... 
    How do you incentivize someone or a group from that house to make a new house? How do you incentivize someone to leave the “guaranteed” spot on the event? Eh, I think some DB members can tell you nothing is a guarantee lol.
  3. How do we incentivize people to leave a house that they feel attached to if that's by bank gear, friends, or even the hope that the house will come back?
    When the main house in some region is dwindling how do we incentivize people to start a new one or revive an old one if they have the problem of the last question? You can't run events if are just members. 
  4. If we ever get house rewards or house quests etc… How do we stop people from all going to 1 house for better rewards? 

I've laid down just some questions on this topic and surrounding topics. I think most will come to this conclusion. 

The community, in general, has no big reasons to make or join new houses. The only real reason to be in a house is for that “guaranteed” spot on events and its this I think should change in some way or be added to. Atm, all it does is make 1 region all want to be in 1 house to have the “guarantee”. When that house gets flooded with people no one wants to take that step to make a new house. We have more than 20 people in each region...

Atm, I have no big reason to move. I should be incentivized enough to take the invitation I got to DB but I'm looking at a mess here. Even forgetting ive donated house crafting (Atta and Support) + items to VLKA... All people should be incentivized enough to make new houses when needed and join active ones when needed. 

The questions I have here do have more than 1 solution. I'm very interested to see the idea’s on this topic.

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
If DB has too many members and inconvenient event times for you you can revive VLKA if you find enough members or whatever. Allowing DB to have more events will lead to even worse player distribution.
Other solution might be to limit number of house members as 16 people. It will lead to many new potential recruits for VLKA Smile
We've always managed to get all attending members to play at our events. Might be that you need to wait 2-3 runs but that's about 30-45 min at max and that's just if you show up late.
[Image: w6ZxTrO.png] Total: Loots: 56 & Upgrades: 30
  • 2018: _1 | __
  • 2019: 15 | 10
  • 2020: 17 | 13
  • 2021: 15 | _4
  • 2022: _8 | _3

‌‌ ‌‌Julia's little Armory | Steam
(27-09-2019, 01:56 PM)Forward Wrote: Other solution might be to limit number of house members as 16 people. 

Nice someone came to the same conclusion as me that fast. I think this is the best way to go about it.

This is something I did before i made the thread.

I think this mod needs to give an incentive or a push for more people to be in different houses. Why I want this but more importantly why I think the community needs this is atm houses rise and fall in popularity. This is from the people that can set up events (Leaders and Caps) eventually they or even core members get drained from doing events over and over again. This is what can be seen with the Au community very easily over the years. As soon as some of the main people of the only Au active house are feeling a bit exhausted the house will be dead not long after and it will be Au it self. If someone from VLKA a year ago started a new Au house and a good number of people joined chances are when I and others did feel exhausted they would take the hit for the Au players that wanted more. 

Seeing how the community changed when LK stopped doing events years ago it was all on VM just about for the NA people. As soon as VM got exhausted well look at NA now it’s almost as bad as Au... Why leave VM when it was the main Na house? All houses are for most people is a “guaranteed” spot on events.  Examples of what im saying here can be had at any time in Ni just about and any region can fall for this. If anything it's happening more often and I don't see it slowing down.

Now that ive said all of this I think you may have an idea of what this suggestion is maybe. I would put a cap on the number of players that can be in a house at a given time like a lot of other games do it. Being serious here I can't think of any game ived played on Phone, Pc or whatever that doesn't have a cap on player numbers for houses, groups etc.. This is for the exact reason everyone would just being in the “best” house if given the chance. The only thing stopping all people in Ni being in 1 house is houses can only hold 2 events pr week. This is also one area that I could see a change happening were houses can only have 1 event pr week or the same 2 but events go for less time.

I think I would be for a player cap but also you can be in 2 houses at once. The only rules being you can only be the Leader or Cap in 1 house. What this does give big houses atm options as maybe you have 2 houses but in total 2 leaders and 4 captions. If 1 of the houses is feeling abit exhausted the other one can take over given they have new leaders but almost the exact same members.   

For how many people can be in a house… I can see it being on the low side 10 on the high side 22-25? Maybe someone will have a justified reason for why you would need more than 20 “active” people in a house.

I would have suggested this when VLKA was at its best or even soon if I would have thought of it. Chances are VLKA will rise again in time and I'll need to kick so many afg players but it will be for the better for the Au community if we see more Au houses. More Au houses more Au events. This change will be hardest on leaders as coming from personal experience kicking people out of a house is hard at times and with an update like this you will be doing it alot.

Keep in mind just with this suggestion ive made we will have more houses so more weekly events. We should have better chances of more consistent numbers of players in each region also. If a house is feeling a bit wasted from doing constant events a new or old house will pick up the pace. Overall it will be less likely a region will be 100% dead like how Au is sometimes.   

This change is something that's easy to talk about but hard to implement. I'm still unsure for how the devs will make sure houses only have [X] amount of players in them at a given time. What ive suggested to Xen on a smaller level is houses get user groups on the forum. Doing this we can all keep track of whos in what house better as players and devs. Hopefully, with this houses get more than 1 page on the forum to talk also. What I think you do as well is change people's website name from Woody to [VLKA_] Woody. I still log in with Woody but the tag or tags can be applied and removed from that leader somehow. The player would be able to get rid of the tags from the website as well. Maybe someone will now a better way to do this I'm not aware coding wise?

This is my idea.  https://i.gyazo.com/7d4e4e355384eeac0417...761cd6.png

I hope you read all that's above as otherwise below this may get confusing.

Given player caps and smaller houses, I think some changes can take place. To start the number of house members to start an event drops down 2 or 3. The next change may require moving house crafting to new personal crafting. 

What I would do is refund the levels of the old house crafting into some items they can craft for XP they lost. This way people can move the XP to new personal crafting options. What is dose also is all 3 house crafting can be in 1 house at a time like the already personal crafting options. For the hassle, you could make it more xp then what they had or what you craft can be sold for a random amount of gold. This change could happen without the main request of this post.

Now that the old house crafting is no longer there you have a lot of options. What I would do is the way you get XP is no longer by normal method but by members donating. How it would work is you can donate gold at 5k intervals at a max of 10 times (50k) pr day to the house. This way people like me can't just dump 1m gold for lvl 20 or whatever. The houses with the most active people at that time will level up faster than a house with a lot of afg players even if players like myself have lots of gold. 

The rewards on each level could be event and house related in the sense maybe lvl 1 unlocks an [X] ticket and 1 more member slot. If houses start with 10 member slots maybe at max level you are at 20??. The ticket does nothing other than you exchange it for a special event. Each mode has an XP ticket, Gold Ticket and Mat Ticket were its 2x Xp or 2x Gold or 2x Mats. The dev deletes the ticket once that 1 run is done even if you wipe on it. 

I was going to say items and constant xp/gold buffs for being rewards but that defeats any reason to leave an old inactive house if the level of it is high enough. You could do some items but make them items that run out of uses or have a time limit.

That's all too complicated and hard to implement. And no one will do that because, you know, dead mod, dead game and bannerlord is coming.
And in such grim conditions I afraid such changes might lead just to destroying last active houses. Thought yes, idea has obvious benefits and will solve some current house issues. It's just too late now.
(27-09-2019, 02:45 PM)Forward Wrote: That's all too complicated and hard to implement. And no one will do that because, you know, dead mod, dead game and bannerlord is coming.
And in such grim conditions I afraid such changes might lead just to destroying last active houses. Thought yes, idea has obvious benefits and will solve some current house issues. It's just too late now.

The idea of a limit of how many players a house can have is easy. Don't even need to do any changes to the mod for this.

The part that will be hard or easy is how can devs make sure house have [X] amount of players. Like I said idk this could be really easy or hard to code.

The other parts of my posts are just things you could do after as they are not necessary for the change. Would like to see something like it if it was possible tho.

(27-09-2019, 02:53 PM)Woody Wrote:
(27-09-2019, 02:45 PM)Forward Wrote: That's all too complicated and hard to implement. And no one will do that because, you know, dead mod, dead game and bannerlord is coming.

The idea of a limit of how many players a house can have is easy. Don't even need to do any changes to the mod for this.

The part that will be hard or easy is how can devs make sure house have [X] amount of players. Like I said idk this could be really easy or hard to code.

The other parts of my posts are just things you could do after as they are not necessary for the change. Would like to see something like it if it was possible tho.

It's not only about software implementation of this idea. It's about destroying community. Because if you artificially force DB to kick half of players they will not come to VLKA, they will stop playing NI. That's why it's bad idea now. Yes, they might organize 2nd DB lineup with events too, but people are lazy and no one will do that. If they want they would do it already instead of waiting for slots on main lineup event.
(27-09-2019, 03:28 PM)Forward Wrote:
(27-09-2019, 02:53 PM)Woody Wrote:

It's not only about software implementation of this idea. It's about destroying community. Because if you artificially force DB to kick half of players they will not come to VLKA, they will stop playing NI. That's why it's bad idea now. Yes, they might organize 2nd DB lineup with events too, but people are lazy and no one will do that. If they want they would do it already instead of waiting for slots on main lineup event.

I did say I would get backlash.

Don't need to come to VLKA. They could no joke make a house called Db2 then Farawin will put someone as leader etc.

Doing this people in DB will have a 100% guarantee they have a spot on Db event. When DB2 holds an event the members in that house will also have a guaranteed a spot on that event.

This change made 2 more events pr week at the cost of some can only be in 1 of the houses. Those people will be in one of the DB houses and another house. That house could be VLKA but it could be anything to even DB3.

So in the end this is basically a thread directed to the amount of players DB has? Isn't it their own problem that they have too many?
(27-09-2019, 06:55 PM)Kaasovic Wrote: So in the end this is basically a thread directed to the amount of players DB has? Isn't it their own problem that they have too many?

But how many houses host events nowadays outside DB?