Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Make toming safe after a prayer
Proposing ability to have guaranteed no-wraiths tome after using "Offering to the God" shrine. Will add incentive to actually use shrines at high-end play and another layer of strategy. It's pretty costly and also you spend your limited peace time on so it will be not overpowered or overused anyway.
Also it's gambling so would be fun. Safety or greed and such.
Could provoke toxic behavior though, so I'm not that sure, but at least we can discuss it.
But another gold sink so it's good. But better players will lose more gold so that's bad.
Solution might be to fine every dead player for some gold in favor of toming player. Another incentive to use tomes and not randomly stand around like many pub players do.
Please Rename Thread Name to "Make kiting safer"
The more tomes you have available to use and players alive the higher the chance to get wraiths.

Say if we had 20 people ingame and 20 tomes it's guaranteed wraiths till you hit some threshold of the amount of tomes and people you have.

Doing this you could make it on rag if you're the only person alive and with 1 tome left it 100% works.

To show how the system could work I would give tomes and alive players point values that equate to the % chance of getting wraiths.

Tomes = 2 points
Alive Players = 3 points

Let's say I have 6 tomes and 3 people alive well that's 21 points so you have a 21% chance to get wraiths

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
So if you got 18 playersalive and 20 tomes

You got 94% chance of getting a wraith so u prolly habe to tome alit of times to get the 2 players resurrect

Good Time Sink!
Legendary Loots :
12.02.2017 Plate over Leather
4.03.2018   Defender Boots

"WS is full of scrubs like Thunder" Eyleen
"It was a hot day and i was annoyed " Lord Montagu 
"You can buy 2 Twigs for one Valsgarde" Managarm
"Banterin stop killing you are making my score look stupid" Qrvishion
"Wait arent you PCK? lol" VLKA_Julia
(10-11-2019, 02:25 PM)Thunderstorm Wrote: So if you got 18 playersalive and 20 tomes

You got 94% chance of getting a wraith so u prolly habe to tome alit of times to get the 2 players resurrect

Good Time Sink!

The point system I said was an example given it was a clean 100 points and 20 tomes and 20 people is about the most you get anyway. All I've suggested is the theory behind it and given my one as the example.

I've done enough events to know if you have 20 tomes and 20 people chances are most waves get done with no casualties. I don't see this as a time sink more of a skill one. Nothing is stopping you from bringing the tomes later on but that would be a result of planning beforehand to make sure you have some tomes always. 

I'm still unsure how I feel about the original idea. I've suggested my system to be the ground work for something but it could work on its own. 

If for some  reason we could pay for better luck I would want to know what I'm paying for.

Currently the community have no idea about any "drop rate" in the game. I would want to know the chances tomes have before and after I put gold down a drain.

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
(10-11-2019, 03:03 PM)Woody Wrote: If for some  reason we could pay for better luck I would want to know what I'm paying for.

Currently the community have no idea about any "drop rate" in the game. I would want to know the chances tomes have before and after I put gold down a drain.

Maybe you get 1 wraiths if you would get 3 without a prayer. Or 0 if you would get 1, which would make this ability 100% safe on Hard (why would you waste money on Hard, but whatever) and still risky on Rag.
Pretty sure at this point it would be better to increase the difficulty of rag rather than make it easier.
Loots: 18
(10-11-2019, 04:23 PM)Fendi Wrote: Pretty sure at this point it would be better to increase the difficulty of rag rather than make it easier.

1. Might be wrong perspective if you mostly play events. On public server you'll have half team noobs/leechers/afkers/idiots and only couple decent players, which will make Rag more then challenging. Yes, sometimes good teams happen, but good team will defend 3 wraiths easily so no one will be ever use this ability, so it's unaffected by proposed change at all. And sometimes rolling wraiths better then not in Rag team full of slowpokes.
  2. It will still cost 25*52=1300 gold per use, which I don't know maybe 10% of your gold income of full Rag ran excuding quests so I expect people will be greedy with it. Definitely not with every tome, only in clutch moments which might not being occurred at all.
  3. It adds another strategy/complexity feature which raise skill cap, actually making game more difficult.
  4. It adds roleplay element to the game which is always nice.
  5. If you want add difficulty to the game how about changing wraiths chances to 100% if a tome used without a sacrifice?  Big Grin
(10-11-2019, 05:17 PM)Forward Wrote:
(10-11-2019, 04:23 PM)Fendi Wrote: Pretty sure at this point it would be better to increase the difficulty of rag rather than make it easier.

1. Might be wrong perspective if you mostly play events. On public server you'll have half team noobs/leechers/afkers/idiots and only couple decent players, which will make Rag more then challenging. Yes, sometimes good teams happen, but good team will defend 3 wraiths easily so no one will be ever use this ability, so it's unaffected by proposed change at all. And sometimes rolling wraiths better then not in Rag team full of slowpokes.
  2. It will still cost 25*52=1300 gold per use, which I don't know maybe 10% of your gold income of full Rag ran excuding quests so I expect people will be greedy with it. Definitely not with every tome, only in clutch moments which might not being occurred at all.
  3. It adds another strategy/complexity feature which raise skill cap, actually making game more difficult.
  5. If you want add difficulty to the game how about changing wraiths chances to 100% if a tome used without a sacrifice?  Big Grin

1)You do realise Rag is meant to be a challenge to pass and IMO a higher number of runs should fail than succeed outside of events. This gives house events an upper hand, causing players to hold them.

2)1300 isn't much for top level players, if you are talking about events as well houses will easily cover that.

3) Logic? If you are reducing a chance at a wraith by paying, its an in-game pay to win with gold rather than real money, lowering skill cap.

4+5) If you want role-play why isn't rag made more difficult by overhauling it, I mean in a 'lore' of some sort you would've thought that odin would've realised he needs to train better troops to win. Not have millions of bots killed without changing strategy. As far as I am aware more powerful legendary items have been added to the game i.e Glory for Legio, and legendaries are upgradable. Shouldn't bots be buffed to counteract this to make it challenging still rather than just lowering the difficulty with more powerful gear?
Loots: 18
(10-11-2019, 10:09 PM)Fendi Wrote:
(10-11-2019, 05:17 PM)Forward Wrote:

1)You do realise Rag is meant to be a challenge to pass and IMO a higher number of runs should fail than succeed outside of events. This gives house events an upper hand, causing players to hold them.

2)1300 isn't much for top level players, if you are talking about events as well houses will easily cover that.

3) Logic? If you are reducing a chance at a wraith by paying, its an in-game pay to win with gold rather than real money, lowering skill cap.

4+5) If you want role-play why isn't rag made more difficult by overhauling it, I mean in a 'lore' of some sort you would've thought that odin would've realised he needs to train better troops to win. Not have millions of bots killed without changing strategy. As far as I am aware more powerful legendary items have been added to the game i.e Glory for Legio, and legendaries are upgradable. Shouldn't bots be buffed to counteract this to make it challenging still rather than just lowering the difficulty with more powerful gear?

1. People play this game for loot, if higher number of runs would fail then succeed no one will play it (outside events, but there are only Tricksters events left, so whatever). Another nail in the NI coffin.
2. Question is why you would even need this feature on house event at all. It's for pubs.
3. Time is important resource too. You spend not gold, but gold+time. It might worth it, might not. You need to decide every time -> more complexity -> more skill cap.
4-5. Rag is challenging for 99% players already (and if you're 1% you can complete it solo to make it challenging enough). If you want more difficult Rag - create another topic and we can talk about it. Here I want to discuss exactly one idea and that's all.

Another option:
 Let's say now wraiths chances 10% for 3, 20% for 1. We can change default chance to 20%/40%, but after sacrifice make it 0/10%. We still making game more challenging and adding strategy layer.

And you completely ignoring another gold sink possibility, while it would be only beneficial for in-game economy to add another gold sink.