Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

A different way to heal
The premise is. You fire a special arrow or bolt that heals teammates and still deals damage to bots.

I'm not sure whats the best way to implement this and I'm not sure if this is even possible to start. It makes sense that it's the ammo that heals but maybe the ammo needs a tool to use it idk? 

I can see some heroes becoming classes that can do 2 things well rather than 1 thing to the best it can possibly can. Examples would be Sentinel or Avent becoming ranged healer but still skilled in 1h's. This idea could be applied to any of the class in theory tho.

For reasons I'm going to assume it could be for all heroes for the example

[Image: a56f4fd0362225288894967dcb639e6e.png] 

Given the slower rate of fire, bolts should heal more to make up for this. I've guessed 15%/25% but Ill answer some questions as this will explain my thinking behind the idea more than guessing numbers. 

Q1) What do you want the healing meta to be really? 
A1) Unlike an msk or a normal medkit, you can... 
-Only heal one person at a time 
-You can miss the heal (aim)
-Being legendary so with a grain of salt it can be better than msk? 

I would possibly make it when using a healing item you cant use normal medkits or maybe it has a longer cool down. The ammo could go in the support slot in theory as the solution. Overall this new way to heal would do some things differently but would not be outright better or worse. 

Q2) Wouldn't it make sense if it was Warden, Marksman and Repeater that got this if this was implemented?
A2) Going by how we have Marksman and Repeater I would believe this would be Warden's title. Ranged damage export using bows. A hero getting a new skill added onto it is something that happened more than once so it precedents to happen again if a good idea was found. 

Q3) Why do you want this?
A3) To be able to heal someone consistently is a powerful tool. It would be a hard tool to master given you can heal at any time so you can save people from taking that last bit of damage that kills them. You can also heal at any range but that's on your skill as a player. Believe me, this would be op if not balanced right. You could have an RG shield in the middle of a wave and have 1 person out of a team that's doing most of the healing for him. I don't want this... well at least not on rag sounds fun on normal.

With this you could have a semi-dedicated healer on the team or a fully dedicated one. This would let melee play more aggressive but more importantly, you could save runs just by your self. You could be the difference between the shielder getting killed on Thor or any bot does damage to valuable players.  

Q4) What use does a healer to this degree give when we don't need them to complete Rag atm?
A4) Sure I can see most events not even needed one. Just like they don't need tomes... 

At the cost of having better survivability, you are giving up damage per second. This sounds familiar... Anyway, You are trading how fast a run can go for a bigger safety net. You could be the difference between runs doing the next wave and that's what would sell me on a class that could heal like this.

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
I would like opposite idea. Re-enable friendly fire. I member when it was in game on some event due to bug and it was really fun to play with disciplined slashers.
(22-01-2020, 01:04 PM)Forward Wrote: I would like opposite idea. Re-enable friendly fire. I member when it was in game on some event due to bug and it was really fun to play with disciplined slashers.
+1
(22-01-2020, 01:31 PM)Baldwin Wrote:
(22-01-2020, 01:04 PM)Forward Wrote: I would like opposite idea. Re-enable friendly fire. I member when it was in game on some event due to bug and it was really fun to play with disciplined slashers.
+1

Enable trolls? Get your RGs killed by accident?

Oh wait, we will play ranged only as infantry is useless.

How about no?
[Image: w6ZxTrO.png] Total: Loots: 56 & Upgrades: 30
  • 2018: _1 | __
  • 2019: 15 | 10
  • 2020: 17 | 13
  • 2021: 15 | _4
  • 2022: _8 | _3

‌‌ ‌‌Julia's little Armory | Steam

I don't see that happing for a number of reasons. 

Your last request "
Kick players with high ping" I think this is somewhat related here. I can tell you with experience yes it would be a nerf to everyone but it hits people with ping even more as you have less time to stop. Just so you get some idea using Mangler I can kill myself in about 10sec already if I'm not paying attention. I think this type of change hurts people with high ping then slashers the most so do they really need a nerf? 

From changes like this (2nd last update) I don't think the dev team is trying to make the game or at least melee harder in that way. 

(13-07-2019, 03:29 AM)Kip Wrote: General changes:
[*]Tricksters can be auto-blocked again.

(22-01-2020, 01:52 PM)Woody Wrote:

I don't see that happing for a number of reasons. 

Your last request "
Kick players with high ping" I think this is somewhat related here. I can tell you with experience yes it would be a nerf to everyone but it hits people with ping even more as you have less time to stop. Just so you get some idea using Mangler I can kill myself in about 10sec already if I'm not paying attention. I think this type of change hurts people with high ping then slashers the most so do they really need a nerf? 

From changes like this (2nd last update) I don't think the dev team is trying to make the game or at least melee harder in that way. 

(13-07-2019, 03:29 AM)Kip Wrote: General changes:
[*]Tricksters can be auto-blocked again.

It's not about slashers nerf, it's about discipline. Selfish slasher may block 5, even 10 shooters sometimes. Proposed change may fix this behaviour in a native way.
(22-01-2020, 02:36 PM)Forward Wrote: It's not about slashers nerf, it's about discipline. Selfish slasher may block 5, even 10 shooters sometimes. Proposed change may fix this behaviour in a native way.

Apart from this being off topic... Go make a request if you must... You making a big generalization.

You are quick to blame slashers in one way but I'm sure you're also quick to say "Corner him ffs" once the bot gets out. I've played each class fairly evenly and I can say I see just as many selfish ranged.

At best you would have as many shielders as you need to corner so the bot can't get out. You would have 1 or 2 back shielders/slashers that can body block till a shielder comes in to help if any go down. Ranged wise the more you have the further away you need to be able to all hit him.

To Corner a bot with 16-20 people its unlikely everyone will be able to hit him.

(22-01-2020, 02:36 PM)Forward Wrote: Proposed change may fix this behaviour in a native way.

This change to you is worth it because "Maybe" it will make players do what you want. Try asking It would have a similar success rate.

You don't need shielder to corner, it's a myth. You need 1 skilled person to block Odin with any melee weapon, constant heal and constant stun lock.

But let's stop off-topic if you want to talk about your idea. I think it should be not archer nor crossbowman to do that, but peltast.
Let's say he got syringes as support item and throw them to friends.
Yeah, I don´t want this. There are already 3 ways of getting healed in this game and adding a 4th option seems overkill to me.
We already made healing easier by removing the "dedicated medic" aspect from the game.
Adding something like this will throw things off balance.
Thanks for the feature request however.
team damage could be on for official events to make them something "different/interesting/fun"