Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Change orange legendaries
People don't spend their days re-reading all of your suggestions.
Loots: 18
(12-03-2020, 08:24 AM)Fendi Wrote: People don't spend their days re-reading all of your suggestions.

Then It's more foolish to blame me for you not reading

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
(12-03-2020, 08:28 AM)Woody Wrote:
(12-03-2020, 08:24 AM)Fendi Wrote: People don't spend their days re-reading all of your suggestions.

Then It's more foolish to blame me for you not reading
Tbh, if you wan't any dev to read this, you should keept it as compact as possible, and only if a dev responds  back something on the line like: "This is interesting, please elaborate." begin to write a longer analysis

but I'm probably wrong and Devs read everything you write.
(12-03-2020, 10:07 AM)Kriegstofu Wrote: Tbh, if you wan't any dev to read this, you should keept it as compact as possible, and only if a dev responds  back something on the line like: "This is interesting, please elaborate." begin to write a longer analysis
but I'm probably wrong and Devs read everything you write.

Well, look at the post that started this topic. It's not even 50 words yet we are here talking about it still. 

Let's use this request as an example [Link]. If I only said 50 words on the topic what would even be those 50 words? 

Some times you need to bring up move points In a request because others like It have failed or the person reading It may have personal biases. If your request seems related to other topics people will already have opinions on them. It's more work to read but you can read all full reason on why this person wants something to change. If I say on that I request you should buff Inf and Sniper people have no context on why I feel that way. The more context I have that backs up what I'm requesting the better the chance I have for it to pass. 

That request may take some time to read but It's no different than this one. For that, I did my best to explain why I want this to change in 1 post and if you have a look It has a lot better chance In convincing you than this one given I go over everything. On this request, I need to say to people on why I disagree. If anything this request has more to read at this point.

probably not

This part was so good it had to come first. The rest is on its way.

(12-03-2020, 08:07 AM)Woody Wrote:
(11-03-2020, 05:58 PM)Malong Wrote: I don't care how low prices get but i do care about it going lower than crafting costs."

Ye, I agree. A. B. and C. help with the "going lower than crafting costs".

Holy shit! You don't know how quotes work! That is just amazing! This is like thinking that when a month ends on Thursday and the next month begins on Friday, that those days are on different weeks. If you spent half as much time reading books as you do filing feature requests, you would know this.

But enough fun with that reading fail: I was not asserting that point, but rather the point to which I was replying. Here's an annotated guide (I added the annotations in orange, so items with orange text will have more value than they do currently):

(11-03-2020, 05:58 PM)Malong Wrote: It was meant to show the absurdity of the post to which I was replying this means some text is coming soon to which I want to reply, not that it's my actual reply, particularly this:

this is an open double quotation mark, everything after this mark until the next such mark is, as the dictionary defines it, a group of words taken from a text or speech and repeated by someone other than the original author or speaker ---> "Each legendary has a baseline[;] I could not care less if [everything] was only 2x ish the price of the house crafting version. I don't care how low prices get but i do care about it going lower than crafting costs." <--- this is the corresponding closing double quotation mark; everything encapsulated within the two marks is that aforementioned definition of the word 'quotation'
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
https://learnenglish.britishcouncil.org/...eginner-a1  

hehe

[Image: VE5C1pf.jpg]
Loots 

2018 - Sun Pike   
2018 - Severance 
2018 - Pride 
2018 - Mjolnir 
2018 - Legacy 
2018 - Ornate C. 
2018 - TigerScale A.
2019 - Dragon S. 
2019 - Gilded Bear A 
2019 - Gothic Plate 
2019 - Dark Gothic G. 
2020 - Gothic Sallet 
2020 - Defender Armour
2020 - Ailadrodd
2021 - Volundr
2021 - Hurricane

2021 - Defender G.
(11-03-2020, 05:58 PM)Malong Wrote: no indication

I don't need to prove I've made feature quests on this matter when you can look for them. This Is really is petty.  

(11-03-2020, 05:58 PM)Malong Wrote: nor source.

If you wanted one you could find one. We both have the same tool called "Search".

Here is one that I still like where I said "It could be a massive gold sink (The positives from this point are so big just made it the top point rather than writing a paragraph that will be forgotten in weeks)"

I actually searched, but is there an expectation that a thread titled "Hero+" would have related to "gold sinks[s]?" If in your years of filing feature requests (this is still overdue), you had ever learned how to submit a clear one, that would help.

(12-03-2020, 08:07 AM)Woody Wrote: In other threads, I talked about why in detail. You can find them yourself because I'm not doing all of your homework. 

It's incredibly anti-intellectual to claim that it's petty to expect someone making an assertion to demonstrate it with evidence. You may as well have posted "Yo G, I be right and you can be finding it because that ain't be my job."

"Woody committed murder. Don't ask me for proof, that's just petty, just go arrest him, judge him guilty for first degree murder, and sentence him immediately. I'm not doing all of your homework. Ooh ooh ah ah ah."

(12-03-2020, 08:07 AM)Woody Wrote: Here is my reference Mr Petty --> https://forum.nordinvasion.com/showthrea...+gold+sink

I suggested this on November 19th, 2017 when upgrades were Monday, January 29th, 2018. 

I think that one Is a good one because you can draw so many parallels between this and upgrades. This got a no but If I was to guess It was only to do with the "combining characters" as they said. The idea of a big gold sink they could have wanted by then but either way "I did put a light on the subject." before we got it. 

(11-03-2020, 05:58 PM)Malong Wrote: "[O]ther conversations with admins and devs showed that they wanted more gold sinks."

Yea and? All I'm saying is this "I did put a light on the subject so a fix could be made." It doesn't stop others from having the same idea. Once again how Petty can you be?

Those aforementioned [other conversations] occurred in 2013 (at at latest) to add gold sinks to make gold more useful. According to the lines on my calendar, that's about 4 years before (give or take 11 months).

Making use of gold (or lack thereof) and inflation in online games has been a facet of games long before November 19th, 2017.

And ignoring that "put a light on" is yet another Woody-level malapropism, you would be amongst the cohort of the "others having the same idea."

(11-03-2020, 05:58 PM)Malong Wrote: The price is what the market will bear. Few people want the orange legendaries that are outclassed by two whole tiers of items. "Yo G, this should be worth more cuz it be orange, and orange soda be da best, biatch" isn't a good point, particularly when the dev response was been that the community dictates price on whatever basis it chooses. Thankfully, the primary basis is stats.

The difference being I want this game to still have a somewhat clear progression.

To reiterate, you aren't the product owner (imagine Woody being on a Scrum Team...yikes!) and what you want for the game is largely irrelevant:

(06-03-2020, 06:34 PM)Malong Wrote: "Mothafucka, you ain't" [the product owner]

(12-03-2020, 08:07 AM)Woody Wrote: "community dictates price"... Hell, you couldn't face reality to agree with me even tho what you suggested [Link] goes under the (C.) idea.

The second part is not correct. I even directly stated that salvaging "is a form of" "sacrific[ing] legendaries to get other items or other goods:"

(11-03-2020, 02:57 PM)Malong Wrote: Yes it's a form of that.

Next, ignoring the fact that the second point is not correct, how are the two related?

(12-03-2020, 08:07 AM)Woody Wrote: Devs play a big role In the market as they control what you pay and what you pay with. They make the system which has a bigger effect than the community in full. Without upgrades people like myself would probably be at 300m gold or afg at this point. 

I would argue that's a consequence of the changes, and not strictly the intention. But if few people want items at a given price and would only pay less for it, how is it possible that this is not the community dictating the price? This seems to lend credence to that idea. In the end, eople don't want to pay the now-inflated prices of these common and non-optimal items.

(12-03-2020, 08:07 AM)Woody Wrote: I would read this post If anything [Link] I suggested uncrafting all the way back In 2016 and Its probably been suggested before that.

You did it again: giving yourself rope long enough to hang yourself. This is one of your earlier points:

(12-03-2020, 08:07 AM)Woody Wrote: We both have the same tool called "Search".

This is a thread from January 8, 2015. Though, I searched for "salvaging" as "uncrafting" is not a word ("quite unnormal"), but searching for "uncrafting" will show this thread too. It's clear you didn't search!

(12-03-2020, 08:07 AM)Woody Wrote: At least 1 dev probably still likes the idea.

You linked Winter's post, so it's reasonable to conclude that you are claiming he is the "1 dev probably still likes the idea." But that is misrepresenting that opinion altogether:

(03-10-2016, 06:50 AM)Winter Wrote: I am not against uncrafting, but I do believe it needs to be a system better than just getting back 75% of materials.

"Not against" is not the same as "like." It's incredibly disingenuous to claim otherwise.

(12-03-2020, 08:07 AM)Woody Wrote: Love the post after It as well "Why do you think Faravin "quit" NI." ~ Kaasovic 2016

Cool, but he was replying to the original post, nothing about salvaging. If you had read the entire post, you would have realized this.

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
I do but once again you are being petty. I deleted it because it's not relevant which you have not disagreed with. How are Reds worth more than Oranges. See above for my reasoning.

If you view them as the same or similar values I would say this.

I could not care less if [Reds and Oranges] was only 2x ish the price of the house crafting version. I don't care how low prices get but i do care about it going lower than crafting costs.

We agree on that. You suggested somthing should be done. I've said I don't care what gets done I just want somthing to be done. Put yourself together man and see we agree something should be done.

I've suggested 3 basic idea's and the 1 you suggested falls under one of mine... Face It's you agreed somthing should be done.

I agree to removing woody from the suggestion board xoxoxo
Loots: 18
(12-03-2020, 08:07 AM)Woody Wrote: I do but once again you are being petty. I deleted it because it's not relevant which you have not disagreed with.

Stop lying (and this is another instance of people catching you lying)! If you understood how double quotes work, you would not have posted this:

(11-03-2020, 05:58 PM)Malong Wrote: I don't care how low prices get but i do care about it going lower than crafting costs."

Ye, I agree. A. B. and C. help with the "going lower than crafting costs".

Do you really think you are convincing anyone otherwise? And do you really think it's petty when someone points out your egregious reading comprehension issues?

(12-03-2020, 08:07 AM)Woody Wrote: How are Reds worth more than Oranges. See above for my reasoning.

Because, yet again, for the most part, orange legendaries are superseded by red legendaries:

(11-03-2020, 02:33 PM)Malong Wrote: The progression and antiquation of items is a feature, not a bug, of online RPGs.

(12-03-2020, 08:07 AM)Woody Wrote: If you view them as the same or similar values I would say this.

I could not care less if [Reds and Oranges] was only 2x ish the price of the house crafting version. I don't care how low prices get but i do care about it going lower than crafting costs.

We agree on that. You suggested somthing should be done.

Holy fucking shit! No we don't agree! I was pointing out that the quoted text was absurd! Does it still sound like we agree? And this is in the same post where you claim you understand that quotation marks denote a quote!

And if you bothered to search for that quote, you would have found the original source, which was your post in a locked thread (I hope you would agree with your post). Just read it aloud. Does it sound like the semantics I would use? Would I type "2x ish" instead of "about double?" Would I type "but I do care" instead of "but I care?" Would I type "[prices] going lower than crafting costs" instead of "prices decrease below the level of their corresponding house craftable?" The answer to all three is a resounding "No, it sounds like the phrasing someone would use if their reading level was at the rudimentary level of phonetically reading words individually."

Here is the THIRD ATTEMPT (and it's an _attempt_ because you can't read) explanation:

(11-03-2020, 05:58 PM)Malong Wrote: It was meant to show the absurdity of the post to which I was replying this means some text is coming soon to which I want to reply, not that it's my actual reply this upcoming quote is what I am claiming is absurd, particularly this:

this is an open double quotation mark, everything after this mark until the next such mark is, as the dictionary defines it, a group of words taken from a text or speech and repeated by someone other than the original author or speaker ---> "THIS is the part that I am stating is absurd ---> Each legendary has a baseline[;] I could not care less if [everything] was only 2x ish the price of the house crafting version. I don't care how low prices get but i do care about it going lower than crafting costs." <--- this is the corresponding closing double quotation mark; everything encapsulated within the two marks is that aforementioned definition of the word 'quotation'

(12-03-2020, 08:07 AM)Woody Wrote: Put yourself together man and see we agree something should be done.

I've suggested 3 basic idea's and the 1 you suggested falls under one of mine... Face It's you agreed somthing should be done.

Yet again, another Woody-level malapropism ("pull yourself together," amusingly Googling for "put yourself together" even corrects itself to this). And no, we don't agree! Get off the forums and read a damn book!