Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Immortal horses (and tomes/barrels)
I have now seen this topic thrown around in several places, but I believe there is no specific thread about it, so here goes:

I would like to see a change to cavalry mode that makes the players' horses vulnerable again.

That way the challenge would be increased. In the current state of the game (this mostly goes for rag and hard too btw) players can just fuck around dieing left and right only to be revived just before the boss kill and get (pretty much) the same reward as everybody else. Patience is not rewarded, skill is not rewarded, and when I die I'm thinking "Oh no... anyway" and get tomed right back in.
If our horses could take damage people would die way more often, but most importantly: It would make things more dynamic as one wouldn't be able to just fight their own stack of bots, but instead one would have to coordinate with teammates and attack the bots that are following someone else.
This would also buff ranged classes I believe since close-range fights would once again be dangerous to your horse's health. Combined with Tofu's suggestion (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/showthread.php?tid=75543) I think this would bring back some different classes for cavalry mode (lances are stronger when you attack bots that are aggroing other players).

By the way: The Full Invasion mod has mortal horses and in my opinion it makes for far more interesting gameplay. Even without persistent characters the mod still holds a consistent playerbase.

Of course, cavalry mode would not be as relaxed anymore, but I would love to have a mode back where patience and skill are rewarded and where you can have those clutch plays.

My main concern is the cavalry mode change, so please share your opinions on that.

However, the same principle is relevant to the other game modes aswell: I think I would much more enjoy a game that is very hard to beat and has greater rewards (higher loot chance) than one that almost never fails and almost never rewards. Again, take Full Invasion as an example; it has no persistency, but it is a true challenge and people hardly ever beat the last wave - which is what makes them come back to the game. NordInvasion in my opinion relies too much on drops, this is why we see people playing the fastest map over and over in events and official servers, just for the loot. I honestly find this pretty obscene, but people still seem to be doing it and loving it. Obviously I'm missing some perspective here - which is why I would love your opinions on this!

You could, for example, make resurrection tomes only revive one player per use. And maybe barrels could also damage structures (and players??). These are just some measures that came to my mind.

Please discuss! (Both matters: horse invincibility, and the overall challenge of NordInvasion, too)