Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Pikemen + heavy Inf vs commando+ skirmisher
Thanks for the tipp. Iam a big idoit i bought a 30k armor but i can still use a 3,5k armor thats better. I think the devs should overwork this armor part.
Once more into the fray
Into the last good fight I'll ever know
Live and die on this day
Live and die on this day
And additionally to this, the commandos lost their best 2handed weapon, the Great long axe which is a hybrid wep but only usable by Pikemen
there is no great long axe for pikemen, whatever a pikemen dont use axes
Once more into the fray
Live and die on this day
Live and die on this day
That topic was what i've been thinking and still cant decide which one should i play. I think good (high-end) polearms such as Sun Pike and Swadian Halberd should be only usable by pikeman to create diversity between those classes. I can give up my armor for mobility and better throwing ability but if i can use as good polearms as a pikeman while being a commando+half skirmisher, i dont see a point playing with a fragile one.

Also since we can only get 10 for each slot of the best throwing weapons for now(jarids), maybe it can be a good idea to let skirmishers to use jarids or better throwing weapons on supply slot. Right now i can only use 2 slots of jarids and a polearm and cant even think about using a shield.
Attack of the smileys! Beware!
(05-04-2012, 04:08 PM)Kriegstofu link Wrote: And additionally to this, the commandos lost their best 2handed weapon, the Great long axe which is a hybrid wep but only usable by Pikemen

This weapon is a polearm, and should stay like that. 2h mode on a long axe is ridiculous.
Quote:That topic was what i've been thinking and still cant decide which one should i play. I think good (high-end) polearms such as Sun Pike and Swadian Halberd should be only usable by pikeman to create diversity between those classes. I can give up my armor for mobility and better throwing ability but if i can use as good polearms as a pikeman while being a commando+half skirmisher, i dont see a point playing with a fragile one.
i agree.
The Pikemen should lose some shield and onehand ability. The Commando should lose some Powerstrike ability and shouldnt be able to use polearms.

Commando = tank + 1h + shield + maybe 2h sword
Pikemen = damage dealer with pike or poleaxe.

The only reason atm to go Pikemen is for throwing some javs but they are inaccurate and not really strong in my opinion.
Once more into the fray
Live and die on this day
Live and die on this day
Commandos have been nerfed as well. We have 6 PS and 6 athletics. Don't nerf it more...

Pikemen, as the term says, are pike wielders. Letting them use poleaxes, long axes and other polearms seems reasonable to me. And, if you want to use a shield, grab a war spear.
First of all, remember that its all about commando+half skirmisher(i'll call this commando) VS pikeman+half infantry (i'll call this pikeman). Now back to topic;

(05-04-2012, 06:46 PM)Patoson link Wrote: Commandos have been nerfed as well. We have 6 PS and 6 athletics. Don't nerf it more...

Pikemen, as the term says, are pike wielders. Letting them use poleaxes, long axes and other polearms seems reasonable to me. And, if you want to use a shield, grab a war spear.

Letting them to use other polearms lol? Pikeman is a general name, this class was suppose to be the new polearm class with throwing ability.  ...or maybe that was my expectation Sad. Its funny that commandos can use every kind of weapons, wear best armors, run nearly as fast as pikeman if they want to... Now let me explain the last one how;

Right now our best armor is belong to infantry class and since commando and skirmisher classes have nearly same stats on agility (9-10); while pikeman have to use low protection armor, a commando can use heavier and better armors AND the same armor that Pikeman is wearing if he wants to. That means a commando can move nearly as fast as pikeman if he use the armor pikemen are using. But he can also wear better armors unlike pikemen. Simply, a commando have an option for better protection or for more speed unlike pikeman which only have speed.

Now a commando can also use great polearm weapons. He/she can use shield+1handed and also 2handed weapons (this is also very important) as a master. And we get what instead of all of those? Only "better" throwing ability? Dont you think we need something special for our class?

My point is; i was a commando before the patch, didnt even respected to knight unlike many other commandos when knights were rocking because i like being a commando and i will always have a commando character(alt or main). But as a commando if i can do nearly everything skirmisher can do, and have alot more options while playing as one; why should i bother with pikeman? For pikes? I dont think so Big Grin.

No i dont want commandos being nerfed again because i'm a commando at heart and that would hurt my own butt Big Grin, but i want polearms (not market ones, but high-end polearms) to be belong to the polearm users, thats it. I'm sure there will be more balance, but if those lv52 class combos will stay like that, there is no point choosing the pikeman. Thats why OneEye is also not really happy about this class. It adds nothing special over his class before the patch and unfortunately i agree the same thing. That doesnt mean i'm not enjoying my pikeman, right now its crazy fun playing ;D, but when things will settle down i probably will chose commando over pikeman if those 2 class combinations wont change. Thanks for reading Smile.

Attack of the smileys! Beware!
I love intelligent posts. Lots of things are in the process of changing Smile
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus
the halberd should be part of the pikeman while weapons like the steel cutter should get inf weapon (or maybe xbowman?)