Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Maroon's Modeling Corner [Cleaver of sorts 28/6]
On Senni's advice, I've given myself a crashcourse in modeling, and so far, I've made myself a couple of weapons. Also, a warning: although I like to tell myself my modelling is pretty decent, I absolutely suck at texturing, so don't expect too much from that!
Anyway, here are some of my works so far:

Right, after a break of 2 months, it's time for some moar modeling! I've tweaked the Black Arrows a bit, both the arrows and the quiver, so those should look quite a bit better now. I've got some screenies from in Wings, but not in game yet, because for some reason, Wings and Openbrf don't love eachother, and won't let me add a quiver animation. ._.
Anyway, screenies!

Thanks!
Maroon
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
Looks really nice for your first attempt, only thing I would say is perhaps try making the handle a little shorter?
(07-04-2013, 08:18 PM)Displeased_Peasant link Wrote:Looks really nice for your first attempt, only thing I would say is perhaps try making the handle a little shorter?
Or the blade longer. I'd say the blade longer. Agreed though, this is a nice design.
CC_Sir_Yabu - lvl 52 Wielder of the Rectal Glory
CC_Dr_Yabu - lvl 52 Pokémon
CC_Yabu_the_Hutt - lvl 52 Space Mob Member
CC_Yabudabadoo - lvl 39 Pacifist
CC_Dyabu_Unchained - lvl 10 No Comment
Visit my shop IKEY!
Not bad, not bad.
Better than I did on my first try. I hope you model more and better! Big Grin
Although, I suggest either make the handle shorter or the blade longer. Also, before you start making more, I suggest making more than swords. If you only make swords, you won't know how to make any other weapon and fall into and endless loop of making swords. Only swords. It's horrible.
A spear. An axe. Halberd. Something else. Dear god.

-Terath
if you have problem of the model variety send it to winter xen winter me winter me xen because it'll piss him off
Thanks for the suggestions, guys Big Grin
My aim is to continue working on this sword to recreate one I read about (the sword Brisingr from the Inheritance cycle. I'm trying to make a fancy pommel now, with a sort of claw holding a gem. I'll make the blade a bit longer as well, and put up another screenie Tongue

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
Why don't you add some hard edges?

Adding:
Wow.

For a first attempt, thats a damn good looking sword.

Also wings looks very similar to blender Tongue

EDIT: on the fancy hilt, the black bits are the smoothing groups trying to make something flat look round. You'll want to mark out all the hard edges it didn't auto catch.
Nothing is impossible, it's just a matter of determination and probability.

2nd Knight forever!

No longer active.
Thanks, I'm quite proud of it ^^
And yeah, I didn't add any hard edges. At all. Had no idea what they did. xD
Which edges would I want to make hard (god, that sounds wrong)?
Also, Senni, once I'm done with this one, I'll get to making some new bolts Tongue

I really like the curve of the hilt (?). That's what does the blade for me! Nice first attempt I have to say, although I have little knowledge of these things.
CC_Sir_Yabu - lvl 52 Wielder of the Rectal Glory
CC_Dr_Yabu - lvl 52 Pokémon
CC_Yabu_the_Hutt - lvl 52 Space Mob Member
CC_Yabudabadoo - lvl 39 Pacifist
CC_Dyabu_Unchained - lvl 10 No Comment
Visit my shop IKEY!
Me likey!
[Image: gQUGcYN.gif?1]