Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Oh, those rascally barrels!
(24-04-2013, 03:13 PM)Jalau link Wrote:So: 1% Chance= 100 Kills for 1 Legandary Tongue
I beg to differ. Six rolls of the dice doesn't mean you'll get a 6 once.
Given you want 1 legendary, and you try to get one 100 times, with a 1% chance, the actual chance of getting one is 37%, with a 36.6% chance of getting no legendaries, and a 24.6% chance of getting 2-100 legendaries.
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
Okay, guys, this is a discussion on barrels, not on drop chance.  Keep it relevant.  If you want to complain about drop chances, PM some developers and see where that gets you Smile
Personaly i dont like it nearly impossible! So you are playing this mod for 1 month?! I'm playing it 1 1/2 years and you done 100~ Hardmode runs, i done 1500 ~, and believe me or not for the firts runs you think it mighz be better if it would be harder, but after 300 ~ runs you dont wanna die at loke 299 times Smile It should be hard but one Thor run every day needs to be possible... If not its after 300 times boring! I love to be excited before Thor and want so see the hole NI world, not just Loke...
I loved when my team and me beated Thor for the first time after the Explosive Mjolnir patch Smile It was amazing, and one the second day, we were killed by Odins Gugnir! I dont think we need to kill them, just to reach them is a AMAZING feeling...
Loots:
?.?.12 - Wormbane
4.6.18 - Penetrator

[Image: 76561198058198743.png]
(24-04-2013, 06:25 PM)Jalau link Wrote:Personaly i dont like it nearly impossible! So you are playing this mod for 1 month?! I'm playing it 1 1/2 years and you done 100~ Hardmode runs, i done 1500 ~, and believe me or not for the firts runs you think it mighz be better if it would be harder, but after 300 ~ runs you dont wanna die at loke 299 times Smile It should be hard but one Thor run every day needs to be possible... If not its after 300 times boring! I love to be excited before Thor and want so see the hole NI world, not just Loke...
I loved when my team and me beated Thor for the first time after the Explosive Mjolnir patch Smile It was amazing, and one the second day, we were killed by Odins Gugnir! I dont think we need to kill them, just to reach them is a AMAZING feeling...
same here back to barrel talk
My Our Vodka Last During this Bloody War.
[spoiler]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Folly company ;D drop a msg here
http://forum.nordinv.com/index.php/topic,4990.135.html
(24-04-2013, 12:35 AM)Yvain link Wrote:My suggestions :

1) Add an expensive new engineering item in the game, for example a metal heavy barricade (large, high and tough) as an other option for rich players, consequently there will be fewer barrels per game [and fewer crash, while we are at it]

I'm fully on board with this idea. It could be metal reinforced, like Yvain mentioned, or maybe even like a placeable stone wall (easy to model/texture.)
"Many people die at twenty five and aren't buried until they are seventy five."
-Benjamin Franklin
As for Sphinx's percentile-based damage barrel idea, you don't need full HP bots to wipe a team. From what I hear, higher waves of hard mode have crushthrough, so even if they are at 1% HP they can likely wreck a shield wall without issue. Non-lethal barrels won't necessarily leave you with a chance to attack the enemy. Of course, I don't know how people have adapted to the current hard mode, so I may be wrong.
ba da bing ba da BAN! -Hypernoma
Just an Idea, not sure if it's already been mentioned but what if barrels took say 80%(if not somewhere between 50 and 80) of the bots CURRENT health so they could never kill them, only reduce their health. So if a bot had 10 health it would take 8 of that away and then another would take 1 away.
CC_BGuardian=Commando, Crossbowman, militia.
CC_BGuardian_X=Man at Arms.
CC_BGuardian_II=Archer.
CC_BGuardian_III=skirmisher.
Proud CC member.

Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. - Confucius
(28-04-2013, 11:19 AM)BGuardian link Wrote:Just an Idea, not sure if it's already been mentioned but what if barrels took say 80%(if not somewhere between 50 and 80) of the bots CURRENT health so they could never kill them, only reduce their health. So if a bot had 10 health it would take 8 of that away and then another would take 1 away.

I really don't like any of these percentage based ideas. You could just use "x" number of barrels to weaken the bots to an easy level, then kill them with 1 hit and gain tons of loot and xp with little effort.
Whereas with the current set up, you have to weigh up the chance of wiping to difficult waves with the chance of getting some nice loot from them

The only thing that would be nice is if we could see who hits barrels, but other than that, I like the current balance - it's as balanced as it's ever going to be Tongue
VLKA_Tee - Sharpshooter
VLKA_Tea - Royal Guard
VLKA_TeeHee - Master Peltast
VLKA_Killboy - Warden
(28-04-2013, 11:33 AM)Tee link Wrote:[quote author=BGuardian link=topic=12327.msg101951#msg101951 date=1367147988]
Just an Idea, not sure if it's already been mentioned but what if barrels took say 80%(if not somewhere between 50 and 80) of the bots CURRENT health so they could never kill them, only reduce their health. So if a bot had 10 health it would take 8 of that away and then another would take 1 away.

I really don't like any of these percentage based ideas. You could just use "x" number of barrels to weaken the bots to an easy level, then kill them with 1 hit and gain tons of loot and xp with little effort.
Whereas with the current set up, you have to weigh up the chance of wiping to difficult waves with the chance of getting some nice loot from them

The only thing that would be nice is if we could see who hits barrels, but other than that, I like the current balance - it's as balanced as it's ever going to be Tongue
[/quote]
I do like the current set up but I thought if it were to change this might be a nice idea, and seeing who hit the barrels would be sweet.
CC_BGuardian=Commando, Crossbowman, militia.
CC_BGuardian_X=Man at Arms.
CC_BGuardian_II=Archer.
CC_BGuardian_III=skirmisher.
Proud CC member.

Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. - Confucius