Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

I want to see the Prince
(21-01-2012, 04:14 AM)Hypernoma link Wrote: No wonder Swadia is in ruins if the guards are stupid enough to leave 3 gates open...

But they do say that the worst enemy of the soldier is the politician, I think those damned Swadian lords knew the Nords were coming and betrayed us!

one thing i have found regarding hard mode, i'm level 40 and I went for a hybrid character so i have 2 levels in Archery and 3 in the Infantry, this is no good for hard mode. Hard mode requires high level items and i find that my weapons just aren't cutting it (no pun intended Tongue) for the enemies in hard mode.

I know, I know, i should respec.... but its so expensive!

On normal mode for example i consider myself a pretty good archer using the khergit bow, on hard mode i have never managed to kill and enemy with the bow as they take headshot after headshot to drop so I don't know if i should be re speccing towards the sniper (which is what i actually want) or to the commando (which is what hard mode seems to favour)

to be honest i'm not complaining about hard mode, I like it as it is, i'm just having a good old fashioned moan about my situation. I'm british and reserve the right to moan at all times Tongue

On topic though ive seen the prince only once and he fell beneath our blades.
And when we get to heaven,
To st peter we will tell,
One more soldier reporting sir,
Iv'e served my time in hell.

contribute to the weapon progression documentationL http://forum.nordinvasion.com/index.php/...g8846.html
i killed him twice when it was not so hard to get to him Tongue
54N1T4R1UM
The hard mode did bring its lot of balance issues, the biggest one being that split the community in two feeling, like it's been said, there's no real point for a high lvl player to play in Normal mode now, and no point at all for a "lowbie" to stick around the hard mode.

The problem, imho, being that the normal mode still accept high level players and hard still accept low level ones. So the normal mode is still sort of designed for a reasonable number of high level players to be present to be beaten, but since there's barely any now then you won't see the prince anytime soon. A solution would be to specifically design the waves difficulty given the average level of the players in the server or by simply restricting the normal servers to players who got past a certain level and redesign the wave's difficulties accordingly. Anyhow, like OneEye said, it has to be addressed, somehow.

Is it me or is there less players enjoying NI since the hardmode? I feel there's way less players online since the patch.
Hardmode is pretty fun.
I love hardcore and I am still spending far too much of my life playing NI. I am spending almost all of my time on hardcore though. I would return to normal if we got loot after say wave 12 or something *hint hint* XD
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus
Yeah, as a level 43, I never seen Prince anyway, got to wave 19 3 times. I'm pretty sure with all the higher levelled players going to Hard mode then it'll be pretty impossible, especially since there's no incentive for a higher level player to actually go to normal.
Dividing the highest level players from the rest of the player base is a conscious choice by us. The difference between a Commando and a Infantry player for instance is very big. A commando can slaughter an amount of troops equal to several infantry before going down. We don't want higher players dominating the normal servers. This is not fun for newer players down the line when more and more of the community is higher level and it will also become quiet tedious for higher level players to go trough all the trash waves constantly.

There was also a issue in at least my eyes with high level players heavily farming materials very quickly from normal mode and that in turn messes with the market, since only higher level items will be worth making as the price of materials will on lower crafting levels always be more valuable then the product. I am hoping in upcoming patches to change crafting quiet a bit with introducing higher level crafting materials that only drop in hard mode and higher level crafted gear that can only be made by those materials. As well as more useful items crafted on lower crafting levels as well, maybe for every tier.

We have also had in mind for a while to look at lowering the difficulty of higher waves in normal mode once hard mode is out, to make it easier to get further.

All of our plans and ideas for the future take a lot of time and effort however, so unfortunately we can't do everything at once. Remember that you are helping us test, we need to release stuff as we go along and see what works and not. There are going to be many changes down the line, hopefully better in the long run, but we are only human and bound to miss the ball once in a while.

As a final note. It has never been intended that getting to the prince is going to be a regular occurrence, great amounts of teamwork and effort should be needed to get that far.  Wink

Love,
Worm
Indeed and no one is saying you didn't do a good job at it nor that the community ain't grateful for the time you guys spent on developing this mod. Certainly not me. We're merely throwing in the feedback you need so you can do the right adjustments. Doing that ain't a judgement on your work or yourselves. Wink I do agree with your will to divide high levels and low levels players, Before patch most of the High level players were talking about how badly they'd need a way to "get rid" of lowbies to reach higher waves. I also do agree the Prince should be hard to reach.

That being said, the problem I see so far is that the Normal mode is still calibrated for a mix of High, mid and low players, since Highs just left that part of the mod the mid and low levels are stuck with a too difficult mode for them. Still you are right not to rush the development and I'm glad to see you take your time to do things right and that you're only humans, cause with all your fancy stuff you definitely look like semi-gods in game Big Grin
(21-01-2012, 04:48 PM)Conqueror_Worm link Wrote: Dividing the highest level players from the rest of the player base is a conscious choice by us. The difference between a Commando and a Infantry player for instance is very big.

I am releaved to hear that such a choice was not an unconscious one.

(21-01-2012, 04:48 PM)Conqueror_Worm link Wrote: There was also a issue in at least my eyes with high level players heavily farming materials very quickly from normal mode and that in turn messes with the market, since only higher level items will be worth making as the price of materials will on lower crafting levels always be more valuable then the product. I am hoping in upcoming patches to change crafting quiet a bit with introducing higher level crafting materials that only drop in hard mode and higher level crafted gear that can only be made by those materials. As well as more useful items crafted on lower crafting levels as well, maybe for every tier.

I am also glad to hear you say this. However, I farmed a lot with high level characters before 0.3.0, and I didn't seem to get more materials then if I farmed with low level characters, even with a difference of up to 250 kills. I always thought the mat drop rate was adjusted according to character level. Maybe I was wrong.