Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Maroon's Modeling Corner [Cleaver of sorts 28/6]
please put it in game ;_; it hurts my soul that its not in
Only people who don't deserve legendaries loot them. - YuriTheRed

I looted 3 legendaries so this is most definitely true.
One last thing that is bugging me, the bit where the blade goes inwards near the hilt. (It looks great, don't get me wrong)
The blade looks quite a bit a danish great sword, except the part near the hilt is sharp and is the full blade width.

I'm just struggling to see a use for that bit near the hilt (realistic point of view).
As with a danish it would be blunt, so you could grip the blade at that point.
With it as it is, where it bulges inwards, it looks structurally weak. For no obvious gain (other than looks Wink).

Just an opinion, don't feel you have to compromise your model for it Tongue.

In regards to adding to the game:
- It needs to be a little less uniformly blue (a little less blue everywhere, more grey/dark-grey than blue)
Though feel free to make it reflect blue more strongly Wink

This one is more of a suggestion (not required) -> Having some kind of progression of blue, maybe stronger near the hilt, fading as you go up.
And possibly stronger along the center of the blade (still fading as you go along, but also fading as you go out).

All in all, looking very nice so far!
Nothing is impossible, it's just a matter of determination and probability.

2nd Knight forever!

No longer active.
(01-07-2013, 02:17 PM)Senni link Wrote:One last thing that is bugging me, the bit where the blade goes inwards near the hilt. (It looks great, don't get me wrong)
The blade looks quite a bit a danish great sword, except the part near the hilt is sharp and is the full blade width.

I'm just struggling to see a use for that bit near the hilt (realistic point of view).
As with a danish it would be blunt, so you could grip the blade at that point.
With it as it is, where it bulges inwards, it looks structurally weak. For no obvious gain (other than looks Wink).

My original idea for this intake was a place in the blade where, if the sword would be used properly (not the M&B way Tongue), and it'd be used to block a sword by sliding it down the blade, the opponent's blade would be sort of locked in this thinner part, but in this version, that doesn't really happen, as the intake is too smooth. I'll make the blade thicker between the hilt and the thin part, so that my idea would actually work, and the blade doesn't look so... breakable. Tongue
Also, a Danish greatsword would have a small crossguard-like thing before this second handle, quite like the Flamberge currently in game.

(01-07-2013, 02:17 PM)Senni link Wrote:In regards to adding to the game:
- It needs to be a little less uniformly blue (a little less blue everywhere, more grey/dark-grey than blue)
Though feel free to make it reflect blue more strongly Wink

Though it might not look like it in the screenshot, the texture itself is actually very grey. Most of it's blueness comes from a high blue coeff. I'll try and see how it looks when I make the texture even less blue. Big Grin

Also, next update on the sword will probably be tomorrow!
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
(01-07-2013, 11:04 PM)Maroon link Wrote:Also, next update on the sword will probably be tomorrow!
. Yay!!!!!!
Alrighty! Newest update is finally here!
This time's changes:
  1. Added a normal map!
  2. Made the blade texture almost completely grey now
  3. Decreased the blue coeff, so that the sword doesn't look blue where it shouldn't
  4. Increased the blue specular a bit
  5. Made the start of the blade a bit wider, as suggested above
  6. A bunch of other minor changes

I've found that this "blueshift" in the blade is quite hard to capture understandably in screenshots, but I've tried. Tongue

The only difference between the bottom two screenies is the way I was looking, so that shows pretty good how much the blueness depends on the light. Wink

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
i love you
'Who needs social life if you have double experience?' -yuri
Very sexy.
NICE.
[Image: 1352-two-handed-medieval-danish-sword-724x410.jpg]
That is what I meant by danish greatsword.

But it's looking pretty damn good already.

Could I have a brf + textures for testing?
Nothing is impossible, it's just a matter of determination and probability.

2nd Knight forever!

No longer active.
Hehehe, your image isn't showing, but sure! Tongue
Where do I send it to?

Edit: herpderpderp. PM ofc. You got it.

Edit 2: Send it!