Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Poll: The Infantry Problem
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Infantry is OP
4.62%
3 4.62%
Infantry is above average
3.08%
2 3.08%
Infantry is fine as is
23.08%
15 23.08%
Infantry needs some small changes
24.62%
16 24.62%
Infantry is under powered
16.92%
11 16.92%
Infantry is just the worst
7.69%
5 7.69%
Wall Barricades are evil and should be removed
9.23%
6 9.23%
I do not care
10.77%
7 10.77%
Total 65 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

The Infantry Problem 2
My post Kaas is players who have left awhile back have outdated info
Also his posts have been about Pavise not Infantry

What I want to know is why limited walls would be bad besides for those wall only NA runs that I don't like

Also Infantry is the most tanky class being able to take 2-3 hits that would kill other classes
As said NI is not so much for open fighting and does not need classes that can open fight Ragnar or Thor or Odin
(02-12-2017, 02:17 PM)Sir Baron Wrote: My post Kaas is players who have left awhile back have outdated info
Also his posts have been about Pavise not Infantry
It was about make a shield available to Infantry by lowering the crafting costs, while increasing another one.
Is it relevant to our current discussion? No. Is it an infantry related problem? Maybe. To me it is on topic.

(02-12-2017, 02:17 PM)Sir Baron Wrote: What I want to know is why limited walls would be bad besides for those wall only NA runs that I don't like
Wall barricades are commonly used for projectile protection as well. By limiting wall barricades, you are reducing the amount of safe areas where ranged can shoot.

(02-12-2017, 02:17 PM)Sir Baron Wrote: Also Infantry is the most tanky class being able to take 2-3 hits that would kill other classes
As said NI is not so much for open fighting and does not need classes that can open fight Ragnar or Thor or Odin
I assume only a hero infantry class with end-tier gear are able to take two or three hits before dying.
No one is asking for invulnerability against bosses nor will any changes lead to that, implying that extensive balancing has been done.
Instead of bringing up the possibility that you can take two or three hits before dying, think of the people who do not have access to the late game gear. They are far more likely to be dead with a single blow. Public runs =/= VM events. Don't make comparisons between the both of those.
There is this thing called a heavy cade for that as well also walls that are for ranged really never need to be replaced so you get 3 wall bringers and you have 2 for Thor 2 for Odin and 2 for ranged
Walls are not used for ranged like they should be they are used for just walling off
This is why I dislike them so much
People say Infantry is Useless but at the same time are just walling off
There is no buff that will stop this and as long as it's a thing it is that much harder to open fight and get back when you need to
(02-12-2017, 02:37 PM)Sir Baron Wrote: (...)
There is no buff that will stop this and as long as it's a thing it is that much harder to open fight and get back when you need to

This is yet to be proven.
(02-12-2017, 03:19 PM)Kaasovic Wrote:
(02-12-2017, 02:37 PM)Sir Baron Wrote: (...)

This is yet to be proven.

I can say that based on my time in this the game that the general stratagem seems to be just about walling of the desired section rather than a cohesive battle plan where all classes are accounted for. I firmly believe that wall cades are apart of the greater problem.
"Warriors of the World" x2 Ragnar x1 Prince 1x Loki
Umm
How many here have played Jugg with it's armor?
X can take hits with the player crafted that my RG with Full Plate can't really take
I would say that's a buff and people still don't play it that much

There was a debuff to wall HP but that did not stop it
How is a buff to Infantry going to help shielding when it's fine already as long as you can get space too
(02-12-2017, 10:09 AM)Rezev Wrote: There is also small problem with shield's:
Just look at image, as you can see RSKS is about 1m to craft/buy, its usable by sharpshoter but stats and price are meh. 

My idea is to lower RSKS price to 300-400 k, lower it's HP to 1100, and unlock it for Infantry (people with t4 would be able to get "decent" shield for low price). 

About Defender Shield, rise price to ~800k and boost it's HP to 1250 (keep it for PC/RG only).

[img]<a href=[/img][Image: 29pu9mp.png]

[Image: 9]

There is a commando shield on the exact same level as that crossbow shield. It stats should be right in between Swadian Kite Shield and Royal shield.

Now for the rest of the thread.

I think the question that needs to be considered, Is what are the classes supposed to be balanced for? Are they supposed to be balanced for rag? I personally do not think they should be. The game lost something when stuff was balanced for rag, Because rag became easy to spam.

Are they supposed to be balanced for Hard? In my opinion, probably. But with some limitations. I do not expect to be able to open fight wave 11 on, Because the bots are dangerous.

I think that is what needs to be determined first. And that might be the cause of difference in opinions.

As for actual problems with infantry. The biggest one i have, Is the fact that the bots can hit through each other. I have checked, There is nothing that can be done about that without breaking custom made scripts. And than we go right back to the problem that we used to have. Odin being able to kill himself on his chosen. Its the friendly fire that makes them bounce off of each other.

As for HP, We are at the limit on Jugg already going off of Base warband stats. I do not know if it is possible to upgrade player HP as it stands because, by default, Only strength and ironflesh upgrade HP.
Steam name:  Sargeant Q

well shielders/inf currently are being used, isn't the issue more that they cant do much else (surplus inf sitting around waiting for admin to tell them to be useful)?
If this is the case nerfing cades would increase the number of shielders, but would it really give those surplus inf anything more to do, or stop them from being present?
[Image: b8ecae23634dacfd46af0f9d4412ff1d.png]
And there is never a problem with ranged having no peeking spots?
Also If you get a run with 2-3 shields you can use 4 slashers at least
Infantry is not used you have said so it needs a buff
But you just said it is used
So what is wrong with it?????
What do you think about this idea... Give inf more damage/speed IF they wear less WEIGHT(Less weight=faster swings)

Not sure if this is possible to code, Sort of like a Glass Cannon type thing.
08/15/16 - White Dragon Helmet
08/25/16 - Dragon Axe
10/2/16 - Ornate Crusader Helmet
11/6/16 - Gothic Salet
12/1/16 - Wulfsbane
1/8/17 - Ornate Bascinet
11/19/17 - Legacy