Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Decrease Weight of Nords Melee Weapons
There is an ingame mechanic, which makes you unable to attack after a defensive block with a weapon if your weapon is lighter than the enemies weapon.
This makes you have to block the enemy a second time before being able to attack, which might be crucial if you need to kill a  bot fast to focus on another one behind him.

Most Legendary weapons have a lower weight than their house crafted brethrens, now the thing is this is nice for walking faster, but at the same time it increases the chance of having to fend off a second attack from a nord before having a chance to attack.

Long story short, i suggest reducing the weight of nords weapon to 0,1 (as some legendaries are at 0,25 weight (e.g Battle Honed Legacy, Raging Rebellion)

To not make the nords faster, the weight could be added to their gauntlets (as most nords use the same gauntlets to avoid having to add that weight to a lot of armors = less works for devs)

Ofc excluding weapons known for crush through as they need the weight for the C/T effect
I support this idea on condition that the weight is added to their gaunts to not make them fast. That stun mechanic costed the life of brave Swadians too many times.
Less talking, more raiding!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYBHptwwOdU
great idea! but only for infantry. Otherwise I already see archers with two-handed weapons at the ready
Loot:
Fiendish bow 17
Excalibur 18
Defender Armour 18
Eastern Full Scale 18
Glory 19
Dead Shot 19
Leather Overmail 19
Gloves of Vidar 20
Twigs of Iggdrasil 20
Shop
Steam
Bannerlord is a drunkard's bottle fight
It's an ingame mechanic, which means that it is in the game for a specific reason.

I'm not seeing anything wrong with the fact that this makes the game more challenging?

It's there to allow bots to stack up on you and overlap attacks, forcing you to go on the defensive or risk being killed with so little breathing room for any offence.

It's like how Nord Invasion has Auto-block turned on, so that some of the people who aren't using mouse-movement/skill to block have an edge when it comes to difficult bots that swing more than once in the span of a few seconds.

There's nothing unnatural about it. Leave it be. It's there for challenge factor.
Legendary Loots
07/02/2018 - Plate over Leather
02/07/2018 - Volundr Greatsword
04/11/2018 - Severance

Swaliant September 2019
"Sure, make fun of Turkey, but in meaningful ways."
"Turkey is a shithole, but it is our shithole."
(11-09-2019, 02:21 PM)AmateurAtArms Wrote: It's an ingame mechanic, which means that it is in the game for a specific reason.

I'm not seeing anything wrong with the fact that this makes the game more challenging?

It's there to allow bots to stack up on you and overlap attacks, forcing you to go on the defensive or risk being killed with so little breathing room for any offence.

It's like how Nord Invasion has Auto-block turned on, so that some of the people who aren't using mouse-movement/skill to block have an edge when it comes to difficult bots that swing more than once in the span of a few seconds.

There's nothing unnatural about it. Leave it be. It's there for challenge factor.

the thing is, the worse/weaker a weapon is, the more weight it has, eg. dragon axe has a weight of 2, illustrious is 1, rebellion 0.5, upgraded rebellion 0,25).

so a dragon axe can parry a normal nord sword with a weight of 1 without any problem, while the "better" weapons get stunlocked (stun-blocked) by the sword

this mechanic is not NI based but Warband based. in native you can hit a fast but lightweight weapon, with a heavier, slower weapon to "stop the spam/create an opening", NI has generally lower weights on legendary weapons, to make them a top notch equipment
I didn't even know this was a thing. Now i feel foolish.
Don't suicide yourself. Bradapple 07/01/2015

And last thing im gonna say is dont make my point to another way. - Gandhi
Make Swadian Legendary weapons heavier. Problem solved.
(11-09-2019, 05:51 PM)Kriegstofu Wrote:
(11-09-2019, 02:21 PM)AmateurAtArms Wrote: It's an ingame mechanic, which means that it is in the game for a specific reason.

the thing is, the worse/weaker a weapon is, the more weight it has, eg. dragon axe has a weight of 2, illustrious is 1, rebellion 0.5, upgraded rebellion 0,25).

so a dragon axe can parry a normal nord sword with a weight of 1 without any problem, while the "better" weapons get stunlocked (stun-blocked) by the sword

this mechanic is not NI based but Warband based. in native you can hit a fast but lightweight weapon, with a heavier, slower weapon to "stop the spam/create an opening", NI has generally lower weights on legendary weapons, to make them a top notch equipment

When I said it's an ingame mechanic, I was talking about Warband.

And I should mention, because some people don't seem to realise, that adding weight to gauntlets has no effect on the weight behind a swing. Gauntlets apply their stats to body armour, and thereby the weight applies to the overall armour weight, which in turn applies to movement speed.

It's simple Warband knowledge.

"the worse/weaker a weapon is, the more weight it has" isn't a Warband mechanic, light weapons are Light for a reason, while Heavier weapons are Heavier. But you're basing weakness on Legendaries specifically, which comes as a result of modelling and stat tweaking.

The fact that Legendaries are getting stunned is inconsequential. It's a part of the overall game for people in melee to be faced by multiple swings. So whether you find a way to reduce the weight or not, if you get crowded by bots, you're still going to get stunlocked regardless.

If the bots fought in NI like players do in Native, such as if the Devs downloaded Brainy Bots, then your point about "in native you can hit a fast but lightweight weapon, with a heavier, slower weapon to "stop the spam/create an opening"..." would be completely wrong. For a fact, if you're fighting someone who has a heavier weapon, like a twohanded sword, and you have a scimitar or a shortsword, then as long as you stay close to them and they're not a confident blocker, you can spam them.

If you're against someone who is relatively good at fighting and capable of spamming with a heavy weapon and you have a light weapon, like most of the bots seem to have in NI, then it's simply down to Player Ability to Block. And the use of auto-block just makes for a bad habit.

If you've got a problem with being stunlocked with Lighter Legendaries, then you're currently experiencing the Native equivalent of fighting with a scimitar, which is only natural, and doesn't need editting.
Legendary Loots
07/02/2018 - Plate over Leather
02/07/2018 - Volundr Greatsword
04/11/2018 - Severance

Swaliant September 2019
"Sure, make fun of Turkey, but in meaningful ways."
"Turkey is a shithole, but it is our shithole."
(11-09-2019, 07:38 PM)AmateurAtArms Wrote: 1
And I should mention, because some people don't seem to realise, that adding weight to gauntlets has no effect on the weight behind a swing. Gauntlets apply their stats to body armour, and thereby the weight applies to the overall armour weight, which in turn applies to movement speed.

If you've got a problem with being stunlocked with Lighter Legendaries, then you're currently experiencing the Native equivalent of fighting with a scimitar, which is only natural, and doesn't need editting.

to 1: adding the weight to the gauntlets is to make the nords not faster than before, gauntlets because most nords use the same gauntlets (as this makes it easier to implement than editing all armors the nords use)

to 2: so according to this logic, an upgraded legacy, with a weight of 0,25 should be a one handed weapon. NI is not Native. Tweaking Stats to reward upgrading to better gear reflects the progression in NI, thus, excluding blunt weapons or weapons with crushthrough, lowering the weight of nord weapons does, firstly give the infantry a small advantage as they are able to stunlock most bots (as people say NI Infantry is disadvantaged compared to other classes),
and secondly, it does not punish players for progressing to the best equipment by either getting a stunlock or heavier equipment due to increasing weight to counteract this stunlock.

Skill based or not, this should not be a concern of yours, NI is a place for everyone, not only for tryhards Wink
(11-09-2019, 06:34 PM)Elmo Wrote: I didn't even know this was a thing. Now i feel foolish.

I'm sure there are other things you don't know about Elmo Tongue 

joking aside , i had no idea this was a feature either, learning is fun
barbutte with coif Smile
aurora blade

yea  sharpthorn