Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Biddding for Upgrades // Item, Gold, Mats Sink
Rather than upgrades being crafted at a set price, the system would be each new round you would be able to bid on some upgrade kits that only work on 1 item. (E.G You need the Alia upgraded kit to upgrade It and cant use any other.) 

For example, the next round could be Alia, Ullrs, Elegy, ...

With this system, stuff that has lower demand like Elegy could be upgraded cheaper than something that's more popular like Alia. The market would decide the price of the kits so It would be self regulating. 

For what and how we bid... you could use set prices on stuff people can bid with. This could change often or not at all. To be noted this would set a minimum value to every item you allow to be In this. The market would still be a "free" market just now we have a minimum price to work around.

An example 

-Gold Is the main currency everything Is based on
-Faction Points have a fixed rate?
-We would have a few groups of mats that are worth the same. (E.G. Lumps, Waters are 1 group and another would be Old Boots, Sticks, ...) 
-Crafted stuff would be not worth 100% crafting cost so maybe 75%? (If you know the gold and mats values you can put a minimum price on It.  
-Orange legendaries would have a fixed rate  
-Red legendaries would have a fixed rate  
-Orange upgrades would have a fixed rate
-Red upgrades would have a fixed rate

For where we do It well I would just use the forum at this point. If the day comes and the winner does not have the items you move to 2nd place etc... Maybe you could temp ban them from next round to give It some consequences.

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
I like current upgrade system, it allows players to prepare upgrades long before available and trade upgrade materials amongst themselves.

Only small fix would be changing Orichalcum and Relic Fragments in Dark Offering/Masterwork Toolkit recipes to Phoenix Feathers. Because Rise From The Ashes awards Phoenix Feathers and would be more fair if you could use your reward on upgrade you like rather then only some arbitrary chosen to require Blessed Sacrifice.
Unnecessary work, upgrades are good as they are. This is yet another pointless suggestion to add to the pile.
Loots: 18
(31-07-2020, 12:32 PM)Forward Wrote: I like current upgrade system, it allows players to prepare upgrades long before available and trade upgrade materials amongst themselves.

Like Is Subjective. In the way, you can prepare for upgrades now well Its fundamentally the same thing as what I'm suggesting. The difference Is you bid from "round one" till you get It what you want. You don't need to prepare In the same way as you could get the Item a lot cheaper given fewer people want It. In the cases, people really want an item the people that do prepare will have a better chance of being number 1. 

Most upgrades don't get done each round so In my system, It incentivizes people to really think about what they should bid on. For example, I would want to upgraded something like Wulfsbane for idk 2m? but I would need to think about It. Is It really worth upgrading this over putting the wealth into an upgrade like Leviathan's Helmet that's probably going to be a more wanted upgrade. 

This post Is only talking about half of the subject as well. You may like the current upgrade system but If you want any sort of wealth sink chances are It will be integrated into something like this rather than being its own thing.   

(31-07-2020, 01:02 PM)Fendi Wrote: Unnecessary work, upgrades are good as they are. This is yet another pointless suggestion to add to the pile.

Why are you the deciding factor of whether something Is to much work or not. 

I'll repeat what I said "This post Is only talking about half of the subject as well."

I don't understand how this would work out
Stuff that noone besides Woody want to upgrade would get cheaper, other things get more expensive or stay the same, because more ppl would want them.

Bad Idea to introduce as the majority of upgrades has been done, so how could that ever be fair in the end?
[Image: w6ZxTrO.png] Total: Loots: 56 & Upgrades: 30
  • 2018: _1 | __
  • 2019: 15 | 10
  • 2020: 17 | 13
  • 2021: 15 | _4
  • 2022: _8 | _3

‌‌ ‌‌Julia's little Armory | Steam
"The market will regulate itself."

Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
(31-07-2020, 05:05 PM)Julia. Wrote: Stuff that noone besides Woody want to upgrade would get cheaper, other things get more expensive or stay the same, because more ppl would want them.

Bad Idea to introduce as the majority of upgrades has been done, so how could that ever be fair in the end?

You're making assumptions on what I want to upgrade. Most of the upgrades I have or plain to make a pretty mainstream. I have outliers sure but I have more wealth to accommodate this hence why I think my ratio would be not much different than your own.

I even show an example wulfsbane something that's on a lot of people's list as a low priority... This is no different with me. I would like to upgrade it like a lot of people yet only 1 person has done it because of the ridiculous price.

Saying most things will become more expensive is misleading. You don't know this for a fact and I don't know this for a fact. We can assume given most upgrades don't get made most will probably end up cheaper than they currently cost.

If they cost more that's the market doing its thing not me. From my suggestion you would be able to use the things you don't like such as unsellable craftables or unwanted legendaries for a fixed rate. Chances are any red legendary would be enough for most of upgrades.

(31-07-2020, 05:29 PM)Woody Wrote: We can assume given most upgrades don't get made most will probably end up cheaper than they currently cost.

Quick search of Nka's thread shows 25 upgrades have not been crafted out of 115 total upgrades. That number is inflated, as it hasn't been updated in months, and some of those upgrades (Gloves of Vidar, Gothic Gauntlets, Vigilance to name 3) have indeed been crafted since the thread was last updated. And even with that inflation, it comes out to 21.7%, i.e. pretty far from "most."

Disclaimer: I acknowledge that there have been new upgrade recipes and that I searched and counted quickly. But unless the numerator is off by at least 33 (due to existing counts as well as needing the real "most" of the new items to not have been upgraded), it's still not most. For the record, this isn't the only time you've misused the word "most."
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
(31-07-2020, 06:18 PM)Malong Wrote:
(31-07-2020, 05:29 PM)Woody Wrote: We can assume given most upgrades don't get made most will probably end up cheaper than they currently cost.

Quick search of Nka's thread shows 25 upgrades have not been crafted out of 115 total upgrades. That number is inflated, as it hasn't been updated in months, and some of those upgrades (Gloves of Vidar, Gothic Gauntlets, Vigilance to name 3) have indeed been crafted since the thread was last updated. And even with that inflation, it comes out to 21.7%, i.e. pretty far from "most."

Disclaimer: I acknowledge that there have been new upgrade recipes and that I searched and counted quickly. But unless the numerator is off by at least 33 (due to existing counts as well as needing the real "most" of the new items to not have been upgraded), it's still not most. For the record, this isn't the only time you've misused the word "most."

Was talking on a round basis. Can see why you would think this but that's was not my intention.

Most upgrades don't get done each round. With the system I have suggested you may run less items at a quicker time interval but that's unlikely to happened because of manpower. So with what is it 10 items each round? Maybe 5 at best get crafted normally and I'm being generous with that guess.