Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Maroon's Modeling Corner [Cleaver of sorts 28/6]
I really like these models, keep up he good work Big Grin
The lovechild of Senni and Hyper.
Quoted by: Carolus Rex
Just remembered, you have to save the texture with a alpha as DXT 3 or 5.

Sorry!

have exams atm, will be back properly on the 24th.
Nothing is impossible, it's just a matter of determination and probability.

2nd Knight forever!

No longer active.
I'm using photoshop, and when I save my alpha texture (I've created 2 seperate files; one normal texture, and one alpha), it doesn't give the option of saving it as DXT 3 or 5.
The options I get are as follows:
BMP
GIF
EPS
IFF
PCX
PDF
RAW
PNG
TGA
TIF

Anyone of those I might use?

Edit: Nvm, fixed it with Senni on IRC Tongue
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
(07-05-2013, 02:42 PM)Maroon link Wrote:I've made a different model now (completely different), also textured it, and created another alpha channel. The problem I stated above also goes for this model, though. The texture on the shiny parts seem distorted, with random stuff appearing in it. Also, these 'extra' textures change every time the texture is loaded. Is it a problem with the shader I use (specular_shader_skin_bump_high)?

I experience a similar problem. It looks like my model use a wrong normal and specular map ingame (actually it shouldn't use any since they aren't done). In openBrf everything seems fine, but ingame is not unless a shader quality is set to low. There is no alpha channel. Did you find a solution to your problem?
BoS_Niezdara - LVL 52 Repeaterman - Blacksmith LVL 22 | BoS_Niezdara_Guard - LVL 52 Royal Guard - Armorsmith LVL 25 | BoS_Niezdara_Peltast - LVL 52 Master Peltast - Alchemist LVL 25 | BoS_Niezdara_Warden - LVL 52 Warden
Yep, I did! Big Grin
It's a bit of a workaround, but I'll explain it here (thanks go to Senni for telleng me, by the way).
  1. Change your shader to envmap_shader_Instanced
  2. In the part saying 'Enviro', type "earthenvmap" (without " ofc)
This, in theory, makes your weapon reflect a certain background image (the earthenvmap), and for some reason it fixes the problem! Hope it does the same for you.

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
that looks really good.
love the bluish glow
Characters:
Deerheart: Royal ShielDeer | Eikthyrnir: Antlered Legionnaire | Cernunnos: Pavise ShielDeer | CerynianHind: Master of Pelts | Hart_Or: HalberDeer | Furcifer: Warden of the Wood
Any chance this is going to be added? i know its a bit too fantasy but still looks incredible
Well done maroon !
Only people who don't deserve legendaries loot them. - YuriTheRed

I looted 3 legendaries so this is most definitely true.
Bit too fantasy oriented to be added, even though it is a great model maroon Smile

2nd Knight forever!

No longer active.
(09-06-2013, 06:48 PM)Senni link Wrote:Bit too fantasy oriented to be added, even though it is a great model maroon Smile

I'll see if I can make a bit more realistic texture for this weapon. Too bad I'm no good as a texturer. Sad
Also, I was wondering, could you tell me how to create a bag of bolts or a quiver with the bolts/arrows in it, and having them disappear when you shoot em? Because I might try making bolts or throwing spears or something.

Hmm I will have to check how to do that myself Wink

Texturing wise:
1)Try to use/make a relatively simple base texture.
2)Add on all the detail later (scratches [white/grey brush small], used edges or areas [medium-light grey brush] etc) have a look at narf/faradon's models.
3)AO, shove it in a layer above and multiply that badboy.
4)if I made a blade of some kind, I like to dark the areas around the hilt, and have it fade as you go up the blade, with it darker up the center. (Dark blob + smudge tool in a different layer).

Take a look around, real life and models, see if there is any stuff you like the look of.

2nd Knight forever!

No longer active.