Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Nord Invasion about to fizzle out.
Making Rag mode much more difficult and then being able to bring in unlimited tomes would be great in my opinion Smile
DB_BlackWarden - DB_BlackPeltast - DB_BlackKnight - DB_BlackPavise
Alchemist 16 - ArmorSmith 21 - BlackSmith 18 - Alchemist 8
i agree with raising rag difficulty, aslong as you limit it to 52 chars. Furthermore lower shc requirement to t3 engineer, so hard runs are more successful. If something is really hard to complete with  really high drop rate, it keeps people playing it
Best Solo:
Normal 20 Completed
Hard 20 Completed
Ragnarok 19 incompleted
(27-07-2015, 06:50 PM)BlαcĸSɴιper link Wrote: Making Rag mode much more difficult and then being able to bring in unlimited tomes would be great in my opinion Smile

Pls no, I really dont miss toming 20 times for cades.
Appareantly I gave most of my loot chance to Fara. Mostly AFG, rise from the ashes from time to time.

Loots:
Shield of Kings - 18.10.2014
Dwarf Axe - 16.01.2017

CC_Wild_Garlic_Pesto
CC_Green_Pesto
CC_RNG_sits_on_my_face

-"Every fart is a gamble now" Bluzark 19.02.2017
I'm not one of the veteran players, but regarding maps, I agree with Madjosh. I am also one of the few who use the same spot over and over so yes, it's true. Players are pretty much only using the same cading spots over and over, this can be attributed to how there are few other viable spots, and how the maps are overall heavily closed off with no where else to go. The monotony no doubt leads to people getting bored of doing the same thing over and over again, so open the maps back up again and make new cading spots as Madjosh said, each with their own positive and negative instead of the expected single cade spot where everyone goes to because it's well equipped.

Anyway, I also agree with upping the difficulty of Ragmode, and overall, upping the challenge for all of us. That's what makes a game fun, even if we don't make it to the end of the game. The focus so far isn't to play for fun anymore, but to Solely to get loot since the game itself offers little challenge.  Shifting that mentality to one where people once again play for fun and to test themselves on how far they can get in the game can be done by doing the above, upping the difficulty and drop rate for the highest tier items.

One thing that could be done to up the difficulty is to increase the number of waves, normal mode would stay the same, hard mode could have 24 rounds, and rag could be 28. This would lead to progressively more intensive and difficult games that are taxing on the players resources/cades, and to top it off, you can make it so that on the last 1-2 respawn waves of rag you can no longer bring in more cades. Players then have to weight the merit of an extra barrel to slay nords, or an extra cade to delay them. Tomes of course, if made unlimited could bring in more cades but instead of a wraith as potential punishment, make it so that it kills the user of the time potentially for using it or some nasty side affect like striping off all their body armor.

Looted A Frying Pan 11/25/14
[Image: tbavTdE.jpg]

(27-07-2015, 07:37 PM)Looter link Wrote: I'm not one of the veteran players, but regarding maps, I agree with Madjosh. I am also one of the few who use the same spot over and over so yes, it's true. Players are pretty much only using the same cading spots over and over, this can be attributed to how there are few other viable spots, and how the maps are overall heavily closed off with no where else to go. The monotony no doubt leads to people getting bored of doing the same thing over and over again, so open the maps back up again and make new cading spots as Madjosh said, each with their own positive and negative instead of the expected single cade spot where everyone goes to because it's well equipped.

Anyway, I also agree with upping the difficulty of Ragmode, and overall, upping the challenge for all of us. That's what makes a game fun, even if we don't make it to the end of the game. The focus so far isn't to play for fun anymore, but to Solely to get loot since the game itself offers little challenge.  Shifting that mentality to one where people once again play for fun and to test themselves on how far they can get in the game can be done by doing the above, upping the difficulty and drop rate for the highest tier items.

One thing that could be done to up the difficulty is to increase the number of waves, normal mode would stay the same, hard mode could have 24 rounds, and rag could be 28. This would lead to progressively more intensive and difficult games that are taxing on the players resources/cades, and to top it off, you can make it so that on the last 1-2 respawn waves of rag you can no longer bring in more cades. Players then have to weight the merit of an extra barrel to slay nords, or an extra cade to delay them. Tomes of course, if made unlimited could bring in more cades but instead of a wraith as potential punishment, make it so that it kills the user of the time potentially for using it or some nasty side affect like striping off all their body armor.

i dont agree with adding more waves, this is alot of time to be spend on it, rather increase difficulty of current waves
Best Solo:
Normal 20 Completed
Hard 20 Completed
Ragnarok 19 incompleted
Quote: link=topic=45644.msg236992#msg236992 date=1438023691]
Furthermore lower shc requirement to t3 engineer, so hard runs are more successful.

I doubt it would change anything. They can bring hc, but do they? I think there should be some type of a medium cade for an engineer, with 1200hp and size of normal/shc, for about 100k (cost of crafting in current mats prices).

The hc thing simply doesn't work well and people avoid getting it. 350-400k is not that much for 50+ lvl, but for an engineer (32lvl?) its a lot. I guess most ppl prefer to keep those mats for shc, then waste them for something that doesn't really work as a cade - it obscure line of sight, so it can be placed only at the end of the barricade line.
It could be moved to the siege engineer tier or even better removed in a current state and reintroduced with less materials required for crafting (ppl who already have an hc could be given a shc or just cash as a compensation).

BoS_Niezdara - LVL 52 Repeaterman - Blacksmith LVL 22 | BoS_Niezdara_Guard - LVL 52 Royal Guard - Armorsmith LVL 25 | BoS_Niezdara_Peltast - LVL 52 Master Peltast - Alchemist LVL 25 | BoS_Niezdara_Warden - LVL 52 Warden
(27-07-2015, 08:04 PM)Niezdara link Wrote: It could be moved to the siege engineer tier or even better removed in a current state and reintroduced with less materials required for crafting (ppl who already have an hc could be given a shc or just cash as a compensation).

This would be great.  Then it would be, by order of crafting mats: Normal, HC, SHC, Wall.  It makes sense to me, and I think would be a great option for mid tier players. 
Add Trialsking in steam for trading.
I agree with a lot of the points raised so far.

Legendaries did drop far too often for a period and I believe that did take away from the whole "legendary"/rarely seen aspect to them.  I believe the current drop rate has dropped closer to where it should be but I'd have to take a closer look at that.  I don't want high-end legendaries dropping much.

I also miss the days when a SGS was considered a great weapon.  I still remember people spawning in with three of them and trying to grab one myself before I eventually crafted one.  I'm not sure there is any way to return to that point of the game, though.  Swadians and Nords both seem to have outgrown them for the most part with people saving up for even higher tier items rather than working through the progression.

Most of the recent minor patches have been focused on making Ragnarok harder.  Bringing back that uncertainty of whether a team is good enough to complete Rag is something that I want but I also don't want it to be purely a matter of having good enough gear or random luck of which waves spawn.  PS: I don't see unlimited tomes ever coming back.  The 20 minute cade setups for Thor and Odin were a boring pain and broke any chance of balancing the mode.

Incorporating multiple cading positions each with their own benefits which need to be weighed is a great concept but in practice, is quite demanding.  Off hand, I can't remember the last map which had that property.  People eventually seem to settle on one fast or easy position - even if it only offers a very slight advantage - and stick to it.

I definitely want to get our ModDB page (and any other pages) updated to have the latest versions.  This is going to be part of the focus when this next patch is released.

Which brings us to this next patch...  As has been written already in a few other threads, this patch is focused on trying to make it easier for new players to overcome the barrier to entry.  As it is now, the game is not exactly welcoming - new players that join just die in wave 1 or get into a few runs where they can hardly do anything without dying.

I'm not going to list out what we have in mind because at least for me, half the fun of patches was that the new features were a surprise.  The memory of that excitement when reading the patch notes for the first time and loading the game to see the changes first hand is something I want to keep a part of our release cycle.  Maybe the community has outgrown the enjoyment of the surprise the same way SGS and SKS have been outgrown but I'm not ready to give up yet.  Tongue
CC_Warden_Kip | CC_Sentinel_Kip | CC_Guard_Kip | CC_Zweihander_Kip | CC_Marksman_Kip | CC_Pavise_Kip | CC_Peltast_Kip | CC_Marauder_Kip | others...
Thanks for your respond Kip. It answered many questions.
Would it be a nice idea to retexture the SGS and bring it back as high tier craftable with much better stats then the current one?
DB_BlackWarden - DB_BlackPeltast - DB_BlackKnight - DB_BlackPavise
Alchemist 16 - ArmorSmith 21 - BlackSmith 18 - Alchemist 8
Remaking the SGS only hides the change, it does not actually do anything about it.  The difference illustrated between then and now is that people skip many of the mid-tier items because they don't see them worth while when they could just save up for the higher tier items.
CC_Warden_Kip | CC_Sentinel_Kip | CC_Guard_Kip | CC_Zweihander_Kip | CC_Marksman_Kip | CC_Pavise_Kip | CC_Peltast_Kip | CC_Marauder_Kip | others...