Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Nord Invasion about to fizzle out.
Cant wait for the next patch now Smile
(27-07-2015, 09:24 PM)Kip link Wrote: Incorporating multiple cading positions each with their own benefits which need to be weighed is a great concept but in practice, is quite demanding.  Off hand, I can't remember the last map which had that property.  People eventually seem to settle on one fast or easy position - even if it only offers a very slight advantage - and stick to it.

You don't need to go out of your way to create a ton of cading spots, just please open up the maps and remove the annoying invisible barriers.

I understand that this leads to kiting(Smile)) and an increased possibility of glitches. Regarding the latter - I was reported for standing on a wall in a joke around match, I doubt the community would allow any serious cheating to occur.
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198139916824

08/25/15 - Bulwark of Swadia
08/25/15 - Dwarf Axe
11/27/15 - Fell Edge
(27-07-2015, 10:53 PM)Ribbed link Wrote: just please open up the maps and remove the annoying invisible barriers.
This is not going to happen as long as enemy is AI.

About those multiple cading places. People always find out what is the easiest/fastest one and then they stick to it even if there are 10 other places to be in.
So it is not really about adding more places if you guys aren't even going to use them, though some maps that are lacking that option could use a few more places.
I'm open for map improving ideas if you guys have some in your minds. Them helps a lot.

(27-07-2015, 11:31 PM)Hande link Wrote: [quote author=Ribbed link=topic=45644.msg237016#msg237016 date=1438037604]
just please open up the maps and remove the annoying invisible barriers.
[/quote]
so does this mean we are not seeing kiting ever again?
Best Solo:
Normal 20 Completed
Hard 20 Completed
Ragnarok 19 incompleted
(27-07-2015, 11:31 PM)Hande link Wrote: This is not going to happen as long as enemy is AI.

About those multiple cading places. People always find out what is the easiest/fastest one and then they stick to it even if there are 10 other places to be in.
So it is not really about adding more places if you guys aren't even going to use them, though some maps that are lacking that option could use a few more places.
I'm open for map improving ideas if you guys have some in your minds. Them helps a lot.
Im sorry but don't find this to be 100% true as yes maybe Na time zone may have there cading spot but i would say people have 100's of ideas about cading.
Even on maps that have not changed much eg Hyper's Hell Au/Eu/Na all have diffident cading spots i find.

(On events i find alot of people like to try new things just for the hell of it and some times they pay off)

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
I'm talking about public runs here Woody. I know that some events may try different places.

Quote: link=topic=45644.msg237041#msg237041 date=1438070135]
[quote author=Hande link=topic=45644.msg237019#msg237019 date=1438039908]
[quote author=Ribbed link=topic=45644.msg237016#msg237016 date=1438037604]
just please open up the maps and remove the annoying invisible barriers.
[/quote]
so does this mean we are not seeing kiting ever again?
[/quote]
My comment wasn't for kiting. He wants us to remove invisible barriers and go outside.
alright fair enough, good to hear!
Best Solo:
Normal 20 Completed
Hard 20 Completed
Ragnarok 19 incompleted
(27-07-2015, 09:24 PM)Kip link Wrote: People eventually seem to settle on one fast or easy position - even if it only offers a very slight advantage - and stick to it.

They do this because, in the majority of cases, there is no time for discussion about a place to cade. Everyone just run to the place which is known to be a standard spot for that particular map. Maybe for a planned event, devising different strategy is possible, but I have never saw such a discussion on forum. In case of a pug runs its just not possible. I wish people would discuss about particular maps and their cading spots on the forum, so we could try a different places to cade from time to time.

The other thing is that many maps become way too easy - there is often one obvious and awfully convenient cading spot. So maybe instead making nords tougher and game longer, simply make maps harder.

I think generally there are three things that come into consideration (besides the distance from the spawn) in regards of a cading spot:
1. the number of cades required.
2. the cover from nords fire.
3. presence of refill facilities inside/close to a cading spot.
It would be good if there are multiple spots on every map that fulfil two, but never all of this conditions (all of them have to be roughly the same distance from the spawn). The team would choose one depending on the support stuff and equipment they have.

BTW It would be nice if a preparation time for the 1st wave was significantly longer, since people have to reach the spot first - it would also allow a wider choice of spots to cade.

BoS_Niezdara - LVL 52 Repeaterman - Blacksmith LVL 22 | BoS_Niezdara_Guard - LVL 52 Royal Guard - Armorsmith LVL 25 | BoS_Niezdara_Peltast - LVL 52 Master Peltast - Alchemist LVL 25 | BoS_Niezdara_Warden - LVL 52 Warden
Good one, Niezdara. Not such niezdara as the name suggests...  Wink
maps in the past that catered for multiple defensive locations included Offshore, where you could choose between the huts near spawn, the small courtyard that is used today, the fortifications in-front of the bridge to the church or even at the church itself. First Defence, where you could hold out inside the towers, at the gates and most commonly in the past, the buttress's near the ladders. contrary to popular belief, cade spots were not always decided by which was the fastest, but rather which one catered to the team composition better. for example, a team consisting of heavily ranged classes would camp the buttress's near the ladders relying on the sheer firepower of their weapons to clear the waves before to much damage was done to cades. however, a team with more commandos would often cade the front gateway, making it easier for shielders to go out and lure ranged without having to climb down awkward ladders exposing their sides. a team with fewer or lower quality cades might have chosen to hold up in a smaller, cramped and slower cade spot to preserve their precious support items but sacrificing the speed of which their run would be completed. It is this freedom of choice that i believe needs to be re-added to liven up the game. a short time re-introduction of fun old maps such as swadian town, the old first defence, etc etc would prove a great PR move on the devs behalf and create a small burst of interest from older members of the community, perhaps inspiring them to play more while their favourite maps are back in the rotation and maybe giving them a taste for the game once again.
Going Deep