Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Poll: Kiting with full xp/gold/loot?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
yes
92.77%
77 92.77%
no
7.23%
6 7.23%
other suggestion, please state in thread
0%
0 0%
Total 83 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Kiting
Please note: we had this discussion 3 years ago and ended it 1.5 ago. There was never an official response to it and i closed it due to no answer after 1.5 years of thread debating and 26 pages.

In the current state of the mod: very few players and almost no new coming, I would like to start this discussion again. The main problem is that currently you get 1 hard or rag server and thats it. maybe some people on normal or something, but thats all. If you start playing alone, you got so nerfed xp/gold/loots that its simply not worth it. Maps have been adjusted since back then, but with the lack of players and the reward for kiting very few people want to do it. We have fixed the main issue from back then aswell: people running out of xp range, as now theres map wide xp. I remember one of the devs had the opinion of outrunning the bots is like glitching, because it abuses them, but the same is cading. They could flank around and end it in a second, thats just the way the bots work... So really i dont see any real argument against it.

For many people, kiting has always been one of the best parts in this mod and still is. Im sure if we return to the old system with full potential loot/gold/xp even when playing alone, this game would be way more populated, as people can start off new servers by playing alone there.
So I have two suggestions to sum this up:
1: return to old system, full xp/gold/loot when playing alone
2: return to old system, full xp/gold/loot,but lower drop rates on bosses. This still encourages teamplay more, then just playing alone as it was a main issue from back then.
In the end I would like to ask the same question as back then: if one players performs all the work, why does he get fewer rewards then if a team does it. This logic never carried over. 
I hope that this time we get an official statement on this! Let those still sticking to Ni have fun with kiting and testing individual skill.
Best Solo:
Normal 20 Completed
Hard 20 Completed
Ragnarok 19 incompleted
I'm quite prone to messing up my sleep pattern, and it's a bit shitty logging in to only 1 or 2 EU players in the middle of the night. Previously I'd kite, but doesn't really seem worth it atm. pls fix
I'd say yes, let's have the ol'gud times back! That was tone of fun, even just to stay spec and watch a skilled kitter (like r.g. red shirted Assassine) at work. Smile
(thought I must say I don't expect any official feedback, just as previously)

PS. not really that much glitch the outrunning the bots as there are the ranged enemies that make the said outrunning pretty painful sometimes...
Personally I'd really be in favour of reintroducing/-enabling kiting; not only can you do fun runs without the need for a decent team (which is vital for success), but also you could benefit the economy - given that drop rates are changed, especially regarding the ridiculous price fluctuations of HM.
Perhaps instead of just giving all the drops to the full runs, the basic mats needed for pretty much everything (eg. HM, Coal, Shade Ore...) could be distributed to solo runs to a bigger extent than how it is right now. In order to make a balance, full runs could be rewarded with more valuable mats to have each kind of player rewarded for playing the game to their own likings.
The most difficult part about this is probably finding the right drop chances, but I think this could benefit players in one way or another.
I voted yes.

I can understand the direction that they took with lessening drop rates to make more populated servers a more attractive option. But if that was a concern, then instead: implementing actual bonuses for more populated servers accomplishes this without penalizing anybody. In other words, this seemingly isn't a buff to more populated servers, assuming the drop rates for those remained the same; it's only a buff in relation to less-populated servers, and is in reality a nerf.

Also, there were already other benefits to playing in a more highly populated server. There are more resources (players and items), and the number of bots does not increase linearly at the same rate as the number of players in the server (i.e. the bot:player ratio is lower for more players). Altogether, there's more room for error, leading to a much higher success rate in a more highly populated server.

About concerns for the economy: first, most on this forum use "economy" and "price of items" interchangeably when they're very different. Most of the fears about availability of items in relation to the price are unfounded and have never been supported by the evidence. If anything has an effect, it's the inflation caused by the literal printing of money that occurs by mass killing bots, completing quests, etc. Look at the first pages of the trading forums, you can see some items have increased in price by 4000-5000% (see Dreaded War Pick), and their respective availability is more now than previously.

About concerns for difficulty: if this was a real concern, you would stop introducing new weapons and armor that raise the bar on the highest tier. Players beat the game more efficiently now than before, and of course this spills into kiting, which a few capable players were already able to get decently far without. It seems like this is one of the biggest hindrances, where administration is concerned about the difficulty of the game, but then gives the player base new tools to be more efficient. At the very least, it's an obvious unintended consequence.

Not to repeat myself, but this (from here):

(11-12-2014, 04:47 PM)Malong Wrote: Quick preface: I didn't kite before the patch, and I don't kite now. The nerf was a bad and unnecessarily indirect way to discouraging kiting. For example, they could have just further decreased the strength of ranged weapons, the armor and absorption of ranged classes (if they are to be glass cannons), the speed and maneuverability of ranged classes, or any of the mix of the previous.

Beyond that, the complaint that solo players received all the rewards from their kills is and was always nonsensical. If any player does all the work and killing, they should have gotten all the rewards from their kills. But for some reason, this logic doesn't carry over to NI, and the borderline envy of the players that were able to handle bots on their own without other players somehow won out.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
Kiting is one of the most fun things to do in NI. Make kiting great again!
Hey ; - )

[Image: Geralt]
Why you said that "almost no new coming...", I see new players on begginer server every day; most of them keep playing.

Anyway, some new kiting map would be cool.
How the auction hall run drier and drier of equipment tells me that lower level players are trading less and less. The newer players never stayed in my experience, they got bored and left, maybe having a few craftables but mainly using marketplace items before quitting. The game has little draw to new players to stay given the availibity of other mods where results can be achieved far quickly. In persistent mods like pw even you can get farther than in ni. And bannerlord being known to players they might not want to spend time on a warband mod requiring countless hours of dedication. But really doesn't matter the reason, fact is there are few players now. 

On kiting: yes to this, encourage all playstyles, there's no reason to drive away players by forcing them to play a certain way we all know happens.
I voted no, because no fun allowed. Keep that in mind.
Ofc Yes!
http://www.jibjab.com/view/X-u28-DnR7m28FFblqgB5A

09.05.2015-Studdet Gauntlets
13.12.2015-Fell Edge