Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Poll: The Infantry Problem
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Infantry is OP
4.62%
3 4.62%
Infantry is above average
3.08%
2 3.08%
Infantry is fine as is
23.08%
15 23.08%
Infantry needs some small changes
24.62%
16 24.62%
Infantry is under powered
16.92%
11 16.92%
Infantry is just the worst
7.69%
5 7.69%
Wall Barricades are evil and should be removed
9.23%
6 9.23%
I do not care
10.77%
7 10.77%
Total 65 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

The Infantry Problem 2
Well you did kind of say it was dumb for me to try hosting a NA event Thunder

My Sigh was the lack of response to the point of tier 4 crafted being same stats as the legendary Xbow

This goes with the first point of poorer players
Trans has the same stats as the best for the other armor class so it's not really under armored

Infantry is the only class I feel safe open fighting with
It can be done on pike but you have to be much more careful about how you do it
Open fighting pretty much any wave but bosses and wave 11 on hard I can do and be top killer on my RG

The style of fighting is different for Infantry then most any other class in game and lends it's self more to supporting and needing support of a team
That to me is why it's the most team based class in game and so should be used more on full runs then it is

My point with Parvel is just cading Thor is not really doable any more so shielding on rag one wave at least is needed
I do not know of another time Infantry fell out of use but the last time it was not do to debuff for them but do to a rise in wall cades which I would love to see locked to 2 a run like barrels
Then you could still use them to barrel but could not spam them

My reasons for saying you can't cade Thor come from losing 10 walls to his wave when he was in ranged even though we had the 3 best throwing in game on sever with a full 17 and about 15 tomes on Thor wave
Then Thor showed up he melted the last 2 walls and about 6 SHC's to wipe the team
It was a all ranged run

So I would love to see Infantry get some love but I don't think a buff for them is the way to go
I would rather that Walls where limited and SHC's where used more
SHC's are easier to use and not as good for just blocking but work better to support shielders which to me is what cade's should do

To sum up I am sorry if I offended anyone that is not what I have been trying to do
But my point that I have been trying to make is a buff so you can open fight wave 11 of hard puts you OP on normal

I think limited walls could help make Infantry needed on both hard and rag could fix what is wrong
Mainly that they have more or less been replaced on hard at least by walls

If anyone needs to clear up something I have said please ask so that I can try and help

Edit. Wow that was a long post... looks much shorter before posted
(30-11-2017, 04:23 PM)Sir Baron Wrote: To sum up I am sorry if I offended anyone that is not what I have been trying to do
But my point that I have been trying to make is a buff so you can open fight wave 11 of hard puts you OP on normal

I think limited walls could help make Infantry needed on both hard and rag could fix what is wrong
Mainly that they have more or less been replaced on hard at least by walls

If anyone needs to clear up something I have said please ask so that I can try and help

Edit. Wow that was a long post... looks much shorter before posted

It is a good point to keep in mind.  Balancing for Ragnarok, for example, has led to many high tier Swadians becoming much more powerful that originally planned.  Based on my past experiences with this topic, I agree that a lot of the problems facing the usefulness of infantry have to do with barricades, particularly walls, and they may not best be solved with stat changes.  I wonder what changes could be made to mitigate this.  I still advocate for map changes Smile

Thank you for explaining your positions on these topics. I don't really have any experience with the game in its current state, so there isn't much I can say to respond to any of them, but they seem reasonable to me.
It is possible to kill Thor without shielders, it's often done on Swadian Folly with walls placed
Hey ; - )

[Image: Geralt]
About the NA Event it just was a bit strange because alot of EU members applied and i like that you try to get "NA" active again
Legendary Loots :
12.02.2017 Plate over Leather
4.03.2018   Defender Boots

"WS is full of scrubs like Thunder" Eyleen
"It was a hot day and i was annoyed " Lord Montagu 
"You can buy 2 Twigs for one Valsgarde" Managarm
"Banterin stop killing you are making my score look stupid" Qrvishion
"Wait arent you PCK? lol" VLKA_Julia
keep in mind 2 walls per player may be fine with 16 players on, but a lot of the time there are just 4 or 5 of us, and we don't have enough players/inf for a full shieldwall and a sufficient damage output.

I still stand by the increased inf hp balance.
[Image: b8ecae23634dacfd46af0f9d4412ff1d.png]
Wall cade runs poison NI

They mean that lower levels are not all that useful and often lead to older players getting mad at new guys for Quote Ruining there run

Wall cade runs have I know caused a few new players to leave before ever getting to Rag

They are the real reason I think walls should be limited

It would mean SHC's become the more used one and that's walls become more of a rare item
I don't know why you can't do what you do with walls with SHC's and they do not cost as much as walls
just wear swadian recruit armor with its 3 weight, and don't get hit. Armor is overrated!
08/15/16 - White Dragon Helmet
08/25/16 - Dragon Axe
10/2/16 - Ornate Crusader Helmet
11/6/16 - Gothic Salet
12/1/16 - Wulfsbane
1/8/17 - Ornate Bascinet
11/19/17 - Legacy
(01-12-2017, 01:22 AM)Coconut Wrote: just wear swadian recruit armor with its 3 weight, and don't get hit. Armor is overrated!

you only say that because you cant afford boots. if you had any proper armour you'd see how good it is Tongue
(01-12-2017, 01:32 AM)TerrorBite Wrote:
(01-12-2017, 01:22 AM)Coconut Wrote: just wear swadian recruit armor with its 3 weight, and don't get hit. Armor is overrated!

you only say that because you cant afford boots. if you had any proper armour you'd see how good it is Tongue

boots only good for cav
08/15/16 - White Dragon Helmet
08/25/16 - Dragon Axe
10/2/16 - Ornate Crusader Helmet
11/6/16 - Gothic Salet
12/1/16 - Wulfsbane
1/8/17 - Ornate Bascinet
11/19/17 - Legacy
(01-12-2017, 01:03 AM)Sir Baron Wrote: Wall cade runs poison NI

They mean that lower levels are not all that useful and often lead to older players getting mad at new guys for Quote Ruining there run

Wall cade runs have I know caused a few new players to leave before ever getting to Rag

They are the real reason I think walls should be limited

It would mean SHC's become the more used one and that's walls become more of a rare item
I don't know why you can't do what you do with walls with SHC's and they do not cost as much as walls

The whole cade topic is a little different to the inf one though.
If anything it seems that it'd make the shielder role even more vital, potentially leading to more issues with healing and relying on having a good team. I'd prefer inf being played because people want to use them, opposed to having to use them a very specific rigid way, in order to get far.

(01-12-2017, 01:34 AM)Coconut Wrote:
(01-12-2017, 01:32 AM)TerrorBite Wrote:

boots only good for cav

archers only aim for head, body armour and gloves are overrated