Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Faction Points 2.0
(08-05-2019, 12:26 PM)Julia. Wrote: I mean the Marketplace takes money from US for goods

Ow shit forgot about that one.

Probz got 5m out of me over the years. Taxes are no fun.

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
(08-05-2019, 12:30 PM)Woody Wrote:
(08-05-2019, 12:26 PM)Julia. Wrote: I mean the Marketplace takes money from US for goods

Not the AH Fee. I am on about Phoenix Faethers etc.
[Image: w6ZxTrO.png] Total: Loots: 56 & Upgrades: 30
  • 2018: _1 | __
  • 2019: 15 | 10
  • 2020: 17 | 13
  • 2021: 15 | _4
  • 2022: _8 | _3

‌‌ ‌‌Julia's little Armory | Steam
(08-05-2019, 12:16 PM)Forward Wrote: Why is it low? It's hoplite-locked spear. No one even plays hoplite anymore after inf got buffed. And the guy left mod so make discount to you. And you even had 3m regardless telling about how hard to get gold.

(08-05-2019, 12:14 PM)[ASSASSINE] Wrote:
(08-05-2019, 12:02 PM)Forward Wrote:
(08-05-2019, 11:51 AM)[ASSASSINE] Wrote:
(08-05-2019, 10:04 AM)Forward Wrote: 1. Game economy is in fine balance atm, no changes needed. Extra gold influx will result in inflation, which is worst thing game economy might experience. Right now there is a healthy demand for a gold which is nice.
2. Increasing assist/gold ratio for players with more FP will lead to social inequality increase, and rich will become richer, which is bad for mod longevity. Any economy change should focus on opposite: on decreasing social inequality and making mod easier to get into for new players.

Deflation is worse than Inflation. There is a reason, central banks around the world aim for 2 % Inflation per year. If you think about it,it makes sense: Deflation means that the price of an item decreases over time. If I know the price decreases, I will wait another 2 weeks and in 2 weeks the same thing happens again. The seller however, keeps decreasing his prices and this only meets my expectations. If you keep thinking this through, the game economy stops working at some point. 

Inflation means the prices increase over time. If I know the prices are going to rise, it make sense to buy an item today and not wait for it. This will keep trades going, which is needed for a good economy. Right now there is a need for Inflation, which in return means an increase in Gold

1. Game economy is different from real one.
2. Prices are more or less stable now, so there is no deflation atm.
3. At least now gold is worth something otherwise we will have barter-based economy.

1. Human behaviour determines economy, which doesnt change just because it happens in a game. 
If your point is true, where is your proof or explanation? Just saying it like that because you think its true, is a bad argument. 
2. Deflation is real, just follow the price development on the AH. 
3. Gold was worth something before aswell, it were just different dimension. Also: when was this "otherwise"

1. Real-world economy relies on production and consumption of goods and economic growth heavily relies on steady consumption rate, so deflation might harm industry. In-game economy doesn't have such categories, there is pure monetarism here.
2. In big time scale, yes. In 2-3 months scale, no, prices are same.
3. There is a difference is gold worth something like now and worth nothing like it will be if more gold sources added.

1. It just the same. Lets stay within Gold for now and ignore mats. The production of gold is the ingame gameplay which generates gold through Killing, XP-conversion and doing quests. 
The consumptions are the gold sinks. In our case: upgrades, Hero-classes, crafting which requires gold. If the production is too limited, the consumption decreases as no gold is available. The main difference to real world is that the players then simply quit. This just increases the problem, as even less gold is produced. In a real world they cant quit, as that would mean they die. 
My Point is: ingame works just the same as out of the game. 
2. Compare the prices as of today and 1 year ago. It is a huge decrease. 
3. No just as I said, its a different dimension. I believe you talk about the relative value of gold. The relative value is determined if we take the other ingame items into comparions, which I excluded in my assuption in point 1. The relative value can be calculated, if you take the other item (in this case mats) in comparison aswell.
Best Solo:
Normal 20 Completed
Hard 20 Completed
Ragnarok 19 incompleted
(08-05-2019, 12:24 PM)Woody Wrote:
(08-05-2019, 12:16 PM)Forward Wrote: Why is it low? It's hoplite-locked spear. No one even plays hoplite anymore after inf got buffed. And the guy left mod so make discount to you. And you even had 3m regardless telling about how hard to get gold.

That's vlka's gold and vlka's spear now. 

The spear itself is undervalued atm as yes the class itself needs a buff however even now its about as good as Pok for 3m.

If you want to sell us something welcome to offer --> https://forum.nordinvasion.com/showthread.php?tid=71495

I made trades and got to 20m ish before upgrades. My house member said "upgrade this" well what i said about my 140m that's what i did with vlka as i had no "need" or "want" to upgrade anything.

If you run a house bank you don't buy what people want you to buy... You get what people hate or people have too much of like Dwarf axe. I would rather as a house have 5 dwarf axes than 1 vgs. 

We still have over 6m gold and will wait till something even better gets that low. My guess i half a year Ab, Gothic plate etc... all the drops that are not highly wanted will be less than 10m. 

In even more time maybe 5m the same as an upgrade cost.

I don't feel like it's undervalued. I don't think the class need a buff. I only think Infantry bonus HP have to go, but Kaasovic will never do that. So adapt how it's now.

If they get low whatever. Only relative value matters in big scale. Top items will still be traded for top items. And if low-tier items (I include Elegy in this list too ofc) will become cheaper it's only for good for mod. More new/poor player will able to afford better gear.

(08-05-2019, 12:30 PM)Woody Wrote:

I would agree on removing taxes and increasing item exposure period. It will help economy. It's a shit that all trades are doing over the forum now.
As stated, a little bit of inflation ain't a bad thing. Also by now gold has lost much of its monetary quality and turned into another crafting material basically.
(08-05-2019, 12:39 PM)[ASSASSINE] Wrote:

(08-05-2019, 12:14 PM)[ASSASSINE] Wrote:
(08-05-2019, 12:02 PM)Forward Wrote:
(08-05-2019, 11:51 AM)[ASSASSINE] Wrote: Deflation is worse than Inflation. There is a reason, central banks around the world aim for 2 % Inflation per year. If you think about it,it makes sense: Deflation means that the price of an item decreases over time. If I know the price decreases, I will wait another 2 weeks and in 2 weeks the same thing happens again. The seller however, keeps decreasing his prices and this only meets my expectations. If you keep thinking this through, the game economy stops working at some point. 

Inflation means the prices increase over time. If I know the prices are going to rise, it make sense to buy an item today and not wait for it. This will keep trades going, which is needed for a good economy. Right now there is a need for Inflation, which in return means an increase in Gold

1. Game economy is different from real one.
2. Prices are more or less stable now, so there is no deflation atm.
3. At least now gold is worth something otherwise we will have barter-based economy.

1. Human behaviour determines economy, which doesnt change just because it happens in a game. 
If your point is true, where is your proof or explanation? Just saying it like that because you think its true, is a bad argument. 
2. Deflation is real, just follow the price development on the AH. 
3. Gold was worth something before aswell, it were just different dimension. Also: when was this "otherwise"

1. Real-world economy relies on production and consumption of goods and economic growth heavily relies on steady consumption rate, so deflation might harm industry. In-game economy doesn't have such categories, there is pure monetarism here.
2. In big time scale, yes. In 2-3 months scale, no, prices are same.
3. There is a difference is gold worth something like now and worth nothing like it will be if more gold sources added.

1. It just the same. Lets stay within Gold for now and ignore mats. The production of gold is the ingame gameplay which generates gold through Killing, XP-conversion and doing quests. 
The consumptions are the gold sinks. In our case: upgrades, Hero-classes, crafting which requires gold. If the production is too limited, the consumption decreases as no gold is available. The main difference to real world is that the players then simply quit. This just increases the problem, as even less gold is produced. In a real world they cant quit, as that would mean they die. 
My Point is: ingame works just the same as out of the game. 
2. Compare the prices as of today and 1 year ago. It is a huge decrease. 
3. No just as I said, its a different dimension. I believe you talk about the relative value of gold. The relative value is determined if we take the other ingame items into comparions, which I excluded in my assuption in point 1. The relative value can be calculated, if you take the other item (in this case mats) in comparison aswell.

1. It's same in monetarism terms, I agreed on it before. But deflation doesn't harm game economy as it harm real one. That's the difference.
2. That was legendary upgrades implementation effect. Right now I think we passed through low point and economy is in balance.
(08-05-2019, 12:41 PM)Forward Wrote: If they get low whatever. Only relative value matters in big scale. Top items will still be traded for top items. And if low-tier items (I include Elegy in this list too ofc) will become cheaper it's only for good for mod. More new/poor player will able to afford better gear.

What happens when its cheaper than the housecraft version like a lot of drops are already?

Are you going to say get rid of the gold sinks in craftables when YOU think the avg player should have greens and blues? You can have it one way not both. 

How fast do you want people to go from new to being able to buy a drop with pure gold?  

If it's just a couple of weeks that's not much time you are spending with craftables... That's not even asking how long do you think each stage of the item tree should take. 

You think I'm out of touch with craftables but it seems you want new people to skip them as that's already started to happen and will keep getting worse. 

I know a pikeman that just started and he has asked me what should i save up for and i said to him.

Well, a house crafted spear is worthless as almost all the orange ones are less and are better. 
Throwing spears you go with house-crafted however i would just stay on Cts till you get a full blue armour set as you can pick up throwing spears but not armour. 
Its not like its rare to see better throwing than cts ingame anyway. 

Drops are something that upgrades have become "something most people should not have". Well atm the opposite can be said about some craftables "something no one should craft but almost everyone can".

1. What is your point based on then? Whats the explanation that it doesnt harm ingame economy? I think it does harm the ingame economy, as i tried to explain in my previous post. It gets harmed even more, as unhappy players can simply quit --> see previous post aswell

2. I really dont think so. Lets take the prices of 3 months ago and today. They should be 2%*(3/12) = 0,5 % increased. But instead they are still lower.
Best Solo:
Normal 20 Completed
Hard 20 Completed
Ragnarok 19 incompleted
(08-05-2019, 12:57 PM)Woody Wrote:
(08-05-2019, 12:41 PM)Forward Wrote: If they get low whatever. Only relative value matters in big scale. Top items will still be traded for top items. And if low-tier items (I include Elegy in this list too ofc) will become cheaper it's only for good for mod. More new/poor player will able to afford better gear.

What happens when its cheaper than the housecraft version like a lot of drops are already?

Are you going to say get rid of the gold sinks in craftables when YOU think the avg player should have greens and blues? You can have it one way not both. 

How fast do you want people to go from new to being able to buy a drop with pure gold?  

If it's just a couple of weeks that's not much time you are spending with craftables... That's not even asking how long do you think each stage of the item tree should take. 

You think I'm out of touch with craftables but it seems you want new people to skip them as that's already started to happen and will keep getting worse. 

I know a pikeman that just starting and he has asked me what should i save up for and i said to him.

Well, a house crafted spear is worthless as almost all the orange ones are less and are better. 
Throwing spears you go with house-crafted however i would just stay on Cts till you get a full blue armour set as you can pick up throwing spears but not armour. 

Drops are something that upgrades have become "something most people should not have". Well atm the opposite can be said about some craftables "something no one should craft".

It's nice that orange legendaries and top housecraftables have similar stats, I see no crime in some of them worth less then housecraftables. Moreover there are a lot of craftables in economy already too, so it's cheaper to buy then craft. It's how it works when a game several years old.

Upgrades indeed are something only dedicated players might have. Moreover it motivates you not hoarding tons of items in your stashes, but sell them for gold and upgrade materials, which is good for economy.
Instead of selling you asking on the forums for features which will give you more gold so you can not sell items with prices you blame as unfair, though these prices are completely balanced in current economic situation.
(08-05-2019, 01:11 PM)Forward Wrote:
(08-05-2019, 12:57 PM)Woody Wrote:

I know a pikeman that just starting and he has asked me what should i save up for and i said to him.

Drops are something that upgrades have become "something most people should not have". Well atm the opposite can be said about some craftables "something no one should craft".

It's nice that orange legendaries and top housecraftables have similar stats, I see no crime in some of them worth less then housecraftables. Moreover there are a lot of craftables in economy already too, so it's cheaper to buy then craft. It's how it works when a game several years old.

Upgrades indeed are something only dedicated players might have. Moreover it motivates you not hoarding tons of items in your stashes, but sell them for gold and upgrade materials, which is good for economy.
Instead of selling you asking on the forums for features which will give you more gold so you can not sell items with prices you blame as unfair, though these prices are completely balanced in current economic situation.
All orange drops are better than any 1 hero locked housecraftable... why well i just said its 1 hero.
That pikeman i just said well he can get a sunpike, tp, ds, dh before hero. I don't agree at all with how that is.

As you said before you think hero is something you need to work for... Fuck man do you think hero should be the same value as 1 orange loot?

Buying a drop that takes on avg for a player 750 hours or more for some people to loot... that cheap...
Buying something when its that rare should take you a good amount of time more than hero. 

I'm all for drops rates as said many times before i would like the avg person to loot every 400-800 hours. Well, i think i would make a lot of the OG players unhappy with that request so it will probably stay about where it is. 

Amagne atm looting any orange that's like what I'm saying... I use to complain about the 2 Dragon Axe i have looted but i would be so much saltier if i looted one now.