Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Faction Points 2.0
Well, the question is whether you actually want to encourage people to play mostly one character. If that's the case, then yes, that would be a fine idea. On the other hand, some people play multiple characters to avoid increasing boredom, and discouraging them from doing that might be counterproductive in terms of player numbers.
---
"I'll sell it for less, and that's cutting me own throat." | My Steam Profile

[Image: j8ybJIA.png]
(25-10-2018, 08:36 PM)Ken_Repeaterman Wrote: First of all, I want to Express my gratitude to the developers and administrators for their work on this game. Thank you guys.

The idea is to apply faction points and at the same time please the old players a little. We all know that when you receive a certain number of points of the faction the character is assigned a specific rank, see the section "quests". So, the bottom line is that when you increase the title you are given +0.01 to convert Assist Experience to gold. How it looks? You get the title and you have a higher rate. And now you have not 0.2 and 0.21. Of course the difference is not big, but it may well amuse the pride of the local elderly )
with the next rank your bet will be 0.22 and so on

Forgive me, Kaasovic )

(25-10-2018, 08:38 PM)Kaasovic Wrote: I don't do webcode, but I like this idea. It's plain and simple, but very rewarding for people hoarding on their favorite characters.

Any update? Asking for a friend.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
As someone that has the most if not im in top 10 for sure, I'm not sure if it would be the best idea to give me a lot of gold.

https://forum.nordinvasion.com/showthrea...ion+Points

probz at 125k Fp now.

The only 2 idea's from memory i like is

Just make it tradeable and you can buy any mats with it. This way with have gold and fp as a currency to trade with and craft with.

or

This idea from however long ago.

https://forum.nordinvasion.com/showthrea...arketplace

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
(08-05-2019, 04:11 AM)Malong Wrote:
(25-10-2018, 08:36 PM)Ken_Repeaterman Wrote: First of all, I want to Express my gratitude to the developers and administrators for their work on this game. Thank you guys.

The idea is to apply faction points and at the same time please the old players a little. We all know that when you receive a certain number of points of the faction the character is assigned a specific rank, see the section "quests". So, the bottom line is that when you increase the title you are given +0.01 to convert Assist Experience to gold. How it looks? You get the title and you have a higher rate. And now you have not 0.2 and 0.21. Of course the difference is not big, but it may well amuse the pride of the local elderly )

Forgive me, Kaasovic )

(25-10-2018, 08:38 PM)Kaasovic Wrote: I don't do webcode, but I like this idea. It's plain and simple, but very rewarding for people hoarding on their favorite characters.

Wasn't Naozumi still fixing stuff from time to time? - Maybe he could look into it?
It would be really helpful to buff gold a bit as it's (plain and simple) too less atm to
pay for marketplace crafting mats and make some progress in crafting.

Also the quests...seems like, since Kaas left, there is somehow a standstill. An update
about any progress would be most appreciated. Smile
"Dedicated Nord Farmer"

Legendary Loots:
28.04.18 Royal Helmet
04.11.18 Leather Overmail
26.12.18 Severance
04.03.19 Aurora Blade
07.03.19 Illustrious
08.04.19 Sun Glaive
05.10.19 Severance
(08-05-2019, 09:42 AM)Green_Dragon Wrote:
(08-05-2019, 04:11 AM)Malong Wrote:

Forgive me, Kaasovic )

Wasn't Naozumi still fixing stuff from time to time? - Maybe he could look into it?
It would be really helpful to buff gold a bit as it's (plain and simple) too less atm to
pay for marketplace crafting mats and make some progress in crafting.

Also the quests...seems like, since Kaas left, there is somehow a standstill. An update
about any progress would be most appreciated. Smile

I would not mind if bots dropped more gold even if it was 2-4x more but changing the value of the gold conversion rate seems very wrong when people have a lot of XP saved up.

I have XP saved up just in case we get either 
A. hero cav class  
B. hero support class
C. or something else.

Even then if an update were to happen where it changes to conversion rate or you can change it your self i would rather it need you to spend all the XP you have before the update kicks in.

1. Game economy is in fine balance atm, no changes needed. Extra gold influx will result in inflation, which is worst thing game economy might experience. Right now there is a healthy demand for a gold which is nice.
2. Increasing assist/gold ratio for players with more FP will lead to social inequality increase, and rich will become richer, which is bad for mod longevity. Any economy change should focus on opposite: on decreasing social inequality and making mod easier to get into for new players.
The value of gold at the moment is pretty shit. New players are struggling to craft high end gear because there are few ways to gain gold in this mod at the moment.
(08-05-2019, 11:05 AM)Kaasovic Wrote: The value of gold at the moment is pretty shit. New players are struggling to craft high end gear because there are few ways to gain gold in this mod at the moment.

Blame people like me that are looking at all gold trades like its the last trade ill do. Then again you can't blame us as what else do we do? 

Gold atm is what 90% or more of the cost of upgrades it should be 50% in a perfect scenario i would think. What's stopping that is the mat prices have tanked so hard as getting mats is so easy vs gold.

Upgrades are why most ative players want gold. Even then we have the gold sinks in crafting, heroes, respec etc...

How do we get gold? 
Ingame
Quests
Trades

Well let's talk about them

Ingame 
We get fuck all vs mats. Ye, we get Xp but at the rate of looting on normal things will be worthless in no time. A lot of people need XP for Cav, levelling up the id they are on. 

Quests
Maybe the best way to get gold atm however once you have done legacy of a hero and some others you are stuck until you make a new hero. A new hero being 750k so even more gold goes out of the economy. 

Trades 
At the beginning of upgrades, we were fine as the market still had so much gold in it. Now be lucky to get someone with more than 2m in any trade. This has push prices of things that were once a hard sell to new lows to Ni destroying the item tree.

Atm, we do have a gold problem so the question is do we buff Ingame gold rates or quests or something new. 

I'm glad i don't need to make that decision however i would like one sooner than later. I did say something on day one of upgrades to my friends. 

"What's stopping me from keeping the 140m and being the richest person in a year?" If i did still have my 140m how much of the gold would i have out of all of Ni? 25%? 50%? 

That's not adding if i did go down that path i would be probz at 250-300 now.

Lucky i like my stats more than my gold.
(08-05-2019, 11:30 AM)Woody Wrote: Atm, we do have a gold problem

Not 'we'. You have a gold problem.
(08-05-2019, 11:41 AM)Forward Wrote:
(08-05-2019, 11:30 AM)Woody Wrote: Atm, we do have a gold problem

Not 'we'. You have a gold problem.

I have some new people on Au i play with.

Getting gold as a new person when mats are worthless is harder than before upgrades were a thing. 

When lumps were 60k and eagles at 100k do you think that's good for new players?

Do people still call out mats in Ts? No, because it's like " ya i just looted my 400 bronze arrowhead"