Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Map voting
(17-04-2019, 07:33 AM)[UK]_Zocki Wrote: Yea it is coded. As I said there was a testing event where Kaas tested it. But I think it would be abused so ppl keep voting and playing for the good maps.... that's, why it didnt, got in the game yet i guess.

Well got a map problem as i said years ago.

It seems at least the most ative players like a fast map. Well, the fastest maps normally get changed as they are "overplayed"...  well, why change them?

Look at csgo... If you have ever played it I'm sure you will know about a map called Dust II. Dust has become THE csgo map as its quite easy to learn and has not changed much in 10 years. They don't change what works they make maps to try to compete with it.

All we want is this.
-Maps with 1 bot spawn or 2 good ones we can see from the cade area.
-A cade area that a normal bot from the bots spawn[s] can run to within idk 15-30sec's.
-Ranged either stays in the open or comes to the cades not stuck behind a wall.

Bonus if it has
-Have more than 1 cading spot so if people want a slower one they can do it. Normally i find the slower good maps to be easier but its at the cost of it taking longer
-Ammo, Heals, Shield repair all around the map.
-Make some sort of loop so it can be kited.

Dont do this
-Bots take 10 secs or more before we can even hit them with an xbow. I came here to get some nice loot not to wait for half the run. 
-Ranged that don't come any were close to the cades.
-Maps that only have 5 or whatever picking spots. 

If your argument is well we don't want you to be cading here or some other way of saying we don't like you doing runs this quick well look at all the updates from 2011 to atm. We the "speed runners" will find the fastest map no matter what. Sure some ideas for what's possible don't get tried until an update normally comes. "what one looks like it may work".

A lot of maps atm people think are slow can be done quite fast but then it will come down to what's easier.  

You can't win with making [x] map slower start making the other maps fast for once and yes good can imply it has a slow area for cading as well just for you.

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
Why would playing the same few maps over and over again be worse than no successful public rag runs happening at all? The options aren't between only few maps being played with this feature as opposed to many different maps without this feature but between only few with and pretty much none at all without.

Also, concerning the implementation, I was under the impression it's already been completed but not implemented for different reasons. If a dev has the time to work in such a feature, I'm sure, it'd be greatly appreciated.
My idea is easier and faster to implement.

It has advantage of people will still have maps diversity on Rag, instead of voting let's say Overgrown every time.

Basically it's nothing to lose, because no one ever plays these bad maps only if to change. And when next map is bad too no one even wants to change it and it stays for days.
(17-04-2019, 11:09 AM)Forward Wrote: My idea is easier and faster to implement.

It has advantage of people will still have maps diversity on Rag, instead of voting let's say Overgrown every time.

Basically it's nothing to lose, because no one ever plays these bad maps only if to change. And when next map is bad too no one even wants to change it and it stays for days.

Indeed, your idea is easier to implement and might be looked at as a temporary solution until the map voting system is released. Problems with it are the subjectivity of the term "bad map" and prohibiting people from playing a map that is deemed bad but they still enjoy playing occasionally.
I wouldn't agree on all the maps Forward listed, but might give it a try on one out of the two EU servers to still have to possibility to play a diffrent map (be it for kiting or whatever).
[Image: w6ZxTrO.png] Total: Loots: 56 & Upgrades: 30
  • 2018: _1 | __
  • 2019: 15 | 10
  • 2020: 17 | 13
  • 2021: 15 | _4
  • 2022: _8 | _3

‌‌ ‌‌Julia's little Armory | Steam
(17-04-2019, 11:53 AM)Falankos Wrote:

Indeed, your idea is easier to implement and might be looked at as a temporary solution until the map voting system is released. Problems with it are the subjectivity of the term "bad map" and prohibiting people from playing a map that is deemed bad but they still enjoy playing occasionally.

That's why we can discuss that list here. And I don't think that definition of "bad map" is vastly different around playerbase. We can remove only maps everyone agrees being bad.

In worst case we have 2 Rag servers on EU, let's make shortened rotation on 1 of them, and leave second server to hipsters who enjoy playing Swadian Town, Unusdaq Castle and Forest Outpost (they are non-exist but whatever).

(17-04-2019, 11:59 AM)Julia. Wrote: I wouldn't agree on all the maps Forward listed, but might give it a try on one out of the two EU servers to still have to possibility to play a diffrent map (be it for kiting or whatever).

You can post maps you would like to keep so we can make the list everyone agrees.

I made that list from my experience. Like maps people never want to start after successful hard and such.

I have doubts that Forest Outpost was completed in public Rag ever to be honest.
(17-04-2019, 12:05 PM)Forward Wrote:

That's why we can discuss that list here. And I don't think that definition of "bad map" is vastly different around playerbase. We can remove only maps everyone agrees being bad.

In worst case we have 2 Rag servers on EU, let's make shortened rotation on 1 of them, and leave second server to hipsters who enjoy playing Swadian Town, Unusdaq Castle and Forest Outpost (they are non-exist but whatever).

(17-04-2019, 11:59 AM)Julia. Wrote: I wouldn't agree on all the maps Forward listed, but might give it a try on one out of the two EU servers to still have to possibility to play a diffrent map (be it for kiting or whatever).

You can post maps you would like to keep so we can make the list everyone agrees.

I made that list from my experience. Like maps people never want to start after successful hard and such.

I have doubts that Forest Outpost was completed in public Rag ever to be honest.
I have seen it done a few times
I think someone may have even looted of Odin on it

As for the idea of removing maps that you deem bad I dislike it because I don't deem all the ones bad that you do
(17-04-2019, 12:11 PM)Sir Baron Wrote:
(17-04-2019, 12:05 PM)Forward Wrote:

I have seen it done a few times
I think someone may have even looted of Odin on it

As for the idea of removing maps that you deem bad I dislike it because I don't deem all the ones bad that you do

Are you sure you're talking about Forest Outpost? It's absolutely terrible by any Woody's criteria.

Not I deem bad, but I'm sure we can make list 95% of active community agrees and implement it as test on one of the Rag servers.

If you like some maps others dislike why these bad maps stay on Rag servers for days?
After a successful hard run with an average hard team which wants to play rag I'd prefer Swadian Town/Fortress under Siege over Nordic Village not because the map is bad, but they can easily be caded of properly, Nordic Village has to have a more than average team tbh. But thats heavyly depending on the Situation and which classes are part of the team. Notherless I've seen more wipes on nordic village compared to other maps, just because a lot of cades and decent shielders are nessecary.
[Image: w6ZxTrO.png] Total: Loots: 56 & Upgrades: 30
  • 2018: _1 | __
  • 2019: 15 | 10
  • 2020: 17 | 13
  • 2021: 15 | _4
  • 2022: _8 | _3

‌‌ ‌‌Julia's little Armory | Steam
(17-04-2019, 12:22 PM)Julia. Wrote: After a successful hard run with an average hard team which wants to play rag I'd prefer Swadian Town/Fortress under Siege over Nordic Village not because the map is bad, but they can easily be caded of properly, Nordic Village has to have a more than average team tbh. But thats heavyly depending on the Situation and which classes are part of the team. Notherless I've seen more wipes on nordic village compared to other maps, just because a lot of cades and decent shielders are nessecary.

Yes, but none of them people will prefer over Overgrown or Offshore.

And people rather go Nordic Village then Town/Siege regardless possible wipe anyway.