Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Event Brainstorming and Suggestions
Thank you all for your submissions. I'm a fan of some of these ideas, or some iteration of them:

Endurance Mode:
You start in Beginner, then go to Normal, Hard and Rag, and then loop back around. Any player that dies is out, for good. Once you die, there is no way back in. Barrels and cades are not limited, but you cannot bring more than you normally would be able to during one run. Tomes are obviously not allowed. As loops start to go on and resources become more scarce, it gets increasingly harder to complete. You cannot respawn for gear. Time completed is not a factor in winning; to win, you have to have the most loops. Teams would be comprised of 16 players and teams are chosen by the event leader, and separated into 16 player groups. Maps are chosen by the event coordinator, and each run will have the same map (even after loops).
How exactly this mode would work on the backend is confusing; there would have to be some tweaking to have each mode start without the server restarting, but other than that, this is relatively simple to achieve and keep track of.

Nostalgia Mode:
Basically, it's just the normal mode with really old maps. This has been done before and is a lot of fun, and is a nice blast from the past. Old bots and wave numbers would require a lot of work or maybe just a different version of the mod, but that means that it would be impossible to keep the same items players currently have. This would be easy to accomplish and a good donator event.

House Competition Mode:
Two houses choose eight players from their house and they sit on two opposite ends of a special map that spawns bots closest to those ends, meaning eight players have to fend off bots until one side dies, making the other side the victor. This iteration would be relatively easy to implement, as it relies on only the map to succeed, and bots will automatically attack enemies closest to them, meaning that the two sides are fully separate. No tomes or barrels. The map could even add things like having trap doors on both sides of the map that can only be operated by the opposing side, meaning you could kill your opponent by changing the floor underneath them. This would allow houses to "fight" other houses while still retaining the PvE aspect of NI, along with giving the best reward a house could possibly get - bragging rights. Other rewards could include a special heraldic armour, a cosmetic banner, or perhaps even a special icon on their in-game banner that designates them as the winner (if requested).
I would love to do this one, it sounds fun as hell to watch and there isn't a competitive PvE scene in NI. If code is made for the Endurance mode, I would use that to avoid having to keep doing runs until one team dies, but I will do that if the Endurance code isn't made.

Defend the King:
One player is designated as the 'King' by the event leader, and 15 other players have to defend them at all costs. The goal is to survive all of Beginner, Normal, Hard and Ragnarok with the king still intact. One or many developers (however many decide to participate before the events start) play as Nords, and try their hardest to kill the King. No barrels. Tomes are limited to one tome bringer per event; cades are not limited, but trapping the King behind a crap ton of barricades is. The king is force equipped a set of armour that makes them look instantly recognizable as royalty, and the King is not allowed to wield any shield, weapon or support items. There has to be a clear path to the King. If the king dies, the event ends on that wave, and the team with the highest wave count wins. Teams are comprised of randomly selected players who have signed up for the event (up to event leader's discretion). Maps are chosen at random. If one team completes all modes with the King still intact, then all participants in the run receive a reward for completion. If a team loses their King before completing all of the modes, then they receive a participation prize. The teams are not fighting against each other for the #1 prize; the teams just get the prize if they complete it.
This would be easy to do, as it doesn't require anything special to be done, and it would be fun to see the runs.

Other comments:
Reverse Invasion: I would rather just make this a standard game mode and call it 'Siege', but I don't know how to make new game modes, so.
Nudist Ragnarok Challenge: This would be a fun donator event. Not against it.
Marketplace Gear Rag Run: Again, would be a fun donator event.

All of the events posted above are events I am interested in doing. I've not hosted many official special events before but I'd be happy to try. A lot of these sound like fun and I hope all of you think the same. Again, thank you for your submissions and I'll keep you all posted if I plan to do one of these events.
if you have problem of the model variety send it to winter xen winter me winter me xen because it'll piss him off
(27-09-2019, 04:30 PM)Terath Wrote: along with giving the best reward a house could possibly get - bragging rights. Other rewards could include a special heraldic armour, a cosmetic banner, or perhaps even a special icon on their in-game banner that designates them as the winner (if requested).
These are not the best rewards you could possibly get.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
(27-09-2019, 05:18 PM)Malong Wrote:
(27-09-2019, 04:30 PM)Terath Wrote: along with giving the best reward a house could possibly get - bragging rights. Other rewards could include a special heraldic armour, a cosmetic banner, or perhaps even a special icon on their in-game banner that designates them as the winner (if requested).
These are not the best rewards you could possibly get.
ok
if you have problem of the model variety send it to winter xen winter me winter me xen because it'll piss him off
[Image: rvu5P5K.png] 

When NI Community BRAINSTORMING
Loots 

2018 - Sun Pike   
2018 - Severance 
2018 - Pride 
2018 - Mjolnir 
2018 - Legacy 
2018 - Ornate C. 
2018 - TigerScale A.
2019 - Dragon S. 
2019 - Gilded Bear A 
2019 - Gothic Plate 
2019 - Dark Gothic G. 
2020 - Gothic Sallet 
2020 - Defender Armour
2020 - Ailadrodd
2021 - Volundr
2021 - Hurricane

2021 - Defender G.
Please vote to decide which event mode gets chosen next. If you don't want to use anything on this list, select 'Other' and explain what you would rather have.

I have decided to move to Strawpoll, since it lets me do more with polls.

Click HERE to vote.
Only fun event I remember was april one. Horses, hailer bows, OP weapons and overall clown fiesta. Yes, not competitive, but I disagree that events should be competitive to be popular.

From your selection:
PvP - makes no sense in PvE mod for me, so no house/king events
Endurance - seems boring and rewards cowardly playstyle with its no tomes policy
Nostalgia - makes some sense, I obviously never played on 2012-2014 maps and would be fun to see new maps in NI. Maybe some of them will be good enough to even put into actual rotation.
(09-10-2019, 04:00 PM)Forward Wrote: Only fun event I remember was april one. Horses, hailer bows, OP weapons and overall clown fiesta. Yes, not competitive, but I disagree that events should be competitive to be popular.

From your selection:
Endurance - seems boring and rewards cowardly playstyle with its no tomes policy
Nostalgia - makes some sense, I obviously never played on 2012-2014 maps and would be fun to see new maps in NI. Maybe some of them will be good enough to even put into actual rotation.

The King event is PvE, you'd get a reward if you manage to finish it. One dev playing as nord does not have a huge, not to say almost no impact as we could see from the last Event.
[Image: w6ZxTrO.png] Total: Loots: 56 & Upgrades: 30
  • 2018: _1 | __
  • 2019: 15 | 10
  • 2020: 17 | 13
  • 2021: 15 | _4
  • 2022: _8 | _3

‌‌ ‌‌Julia's little Armory | Steam
Do these activities get special rewards? I haven't played for long and I really want to get those rewards.
(09-10-2019, 04:12 PM)DH_xiaoqi Wrote: Do these activities get special rewards? I haven't played for long and I really want to get those rewards.

Mostly cash and collectibles or mat packages. Sometimes even legendaries for the best ones.
[Image: w6ZxTrO.png] Total: Loots: 56 & Upgrades: 30
  • 2018: _1 | __
  • 2019: 15 | 10
  • 2020: 17 | 13
  • 2021: 15 | _4
  • 2022: _8 | _3

‌‌ ‌‌Julia's little Armory | Steam
(09-10-2019, 04:05 PM)Julia. Wrote:
(09-10-2019, 04:00 PM)Forward Wrote: Only fun event I remember was april one. Horses, hailer bows, OP weapons and overall clown fiesta. Yes, not competitive, but I disagree that events should be competitive to be popular.

From your selection:

The King event is PvE, you'd get a reward if you manage to finish it. One dev playing as nord does not have a huge, not to say almost no impact as we could see from the last Event.

From my point of view its still PvP. And it will require developer presense on the event; I think its better to have more free-for-all event, then making another event for 2 and a half semi-dead houses. The event when people play it only to get legendary reward seems wrong for me, it should be fun and attractive for players from gameplay perspective. That's why I like nostalgia mode idea -  even while I don't have nostalgia by myself it's still interesting to try "new" maps and it could be make completely public like april/halloween eventd and not require premade team composition/house membership/admin involvement and such.