Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Event Brainstorming and Suggestions
(09-10-2019, 04:14 PM)Julia. Wrote:
(09-10-2019, 04:12 PM)DH_xiaoqi Wrote: Do these activities get special rewards? I haven't played for long and I really want to get those rewards.

Mostly cash and collectibles or mat packages. Sometimes even legendaries for the best ones.

About when does the activity start? Tongue
(09-10-2019, 04:00 PM)Forward Wrote: Only fun event I remember was april one. Horses, hailer bows, OP weapons and overall clown fiesta. Yes, not competitive, but I disagree that events should be competitive to be popular.
As you state later in this post you didn't play from 2011-2014 so you would of mist alot of events that never happened again. Being competitive outlines a winner and a loser meaning prizes can be given out accordingly. An event with out this is on the lines of a server side event or one were players need to sign up for a special run. That being first in gets a reward or experience of something different or both. I'm more in favour server side events that go for weeks as this is a game were people play from multiple time zones. Going to events at certain times will always favour some and not others. For the event being fun or rewarding is something that comes 2nd to the people that need to make a decision "is it worth staying up for this shit".

I've done my fair share of 1 off events and most of the time for me and other Au players they are at ridiculous times being either suited for na or eu.

(09-10-2019, 04:00 PM)Forward Wrote: From your selection:
PvP - makes no sense in PvE mod for me, so no house/king events
Endurance - seems boring and rewards cowardly playstyle with its no tomes policy
Nostalgia - makes some sense, I obviously never played on 2012-2014 maps and would be fun to see new maps in NI. Maybe some of them will be good enough to even put into actual rotation.

1. It's not PvP in that sense read his 2nd last post.

2. Boring is subjective as it's what this mod is. The one skill players have in this mod other than basic combat skills is persistence. Why would it be bad to reward a strategy anyone could use atm? ATM its more rewarding for runs to play higher risk for a quicker event in doing so quicker loot. This event implies strategy, persistence, knowledge of the game and more.

3. Maps are changed for 2 main reasons in Ni the community can see. 1 I agree on and the other I dont. Maps from back then did have more bugs given the maps we have today are built from the foundations of them with some exceptions. I'm sure we're all thankful that maps gets fixed but I'm sure I don't need to tell you some maps have not changed in years.

Most maps get big changes for it being the most played map at the time. We the community will find the easiest and quickest map in any map rotation and play it the most. In some cases the easiest map is actually different to the quickest. It's maps like this to some people that are the enemy and therefore changed or outright taken out in some cases.

Most map versions Ni has had are perfectly playable it's just at matter of when a map fulfills some invisible requirements it's changed.

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
(09-10-2019, 04:15 PM)Forward Wrote: The event when people play it only to get legendary reward seems wrong for me, it should be fun and attractive for players from gameplay perspective.

"Should" (according to you), but it isn't. "The fun is in the loot."
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
(09-10-2019, 05:03 PM)Woody Wrote:
(09-10-2019, 04:00 PM)Forward Wrote: Only fun event I remember was april one. Horses, hailer bows, OP weapons and overall clown fiesta. Yes, not competitive, but I disagree that events should be competitive to be popular.
As you state later in this post you didn't play from 2011-2014 so you would of mist alot of events that never happened again. Being competitive outlines a winner and a loser meaning prizes can be given out accordingly. An event with out this is on the lines of a server side event or one were players need to sign up for a special run. That being first in gets a reward or experience of something different or both. I'm more in favour server side events that go for weeks as this is a game were people play from multiple time zones. Going to events at certain times will always favour some and not others. For the event being fun or rewarding is something that comes 2nd to the people that need to make a decision "is it worth staying up for this shit".

I've done my fair share of 1 off events and most of the time for me and other Au players they are at ridiculous times being either suited for na or eu.

(09-10-2019, 04:00 PM)Forward Wrote: From your selection:
PvP - makes no sense in PvE mod for me, so no house/king events
Endurance - seems boring and rewards cowardly playstyle with its no tomes policy
Nostalgia - makes some sense, I obviously never played on 2012-2014 maps and would be fun to see new maps in NI. Maybe some of them will be good enough to even put into actual rotation.

1. It's not PvP in that sense read his 2nd last post.

2. Boring is subjective as it's what this mod is. The one skill players have in this mod other than basic combat skills is persistence. Why would it be bad to reward a strategy anyone could use atm? ATM its more rewarding for runs to play higher risk for a quicker event in doing so quicker loot. This event implies strategy, persistence, knowledge of the game and more.

3. Maps are changed for 2 main reasons in Ni the community can see. 1 I agree on and the other I dont. Maps from back then did have more bugs given the maps we have today are built from the foundations of them with some exceptions. I'm sure we're all thankful that maps gets fixed but I'm sure I don't need to tell you some maps have not changed in years.

Most maps get big changes for it being the most played map at the time. We the community will find the easiest and quickest map in any map rotation and play it the most. In some cases the easiest map is actually different to the quickest. It's maps like this to some people that are the enemy and therefore changed or outright taken out in some cases.

Most map versions Ni has had are perfectly playable it's just at matter of if it when a map fulfills some invisible requirements it's changed.

1. Winner/loser thing. No one wants to be loser, but many players just want to play casually and not enjoying hard competition. I would like to see reward as just random additional collectible drop from Odin. This mod should be more friendly to new/poor players, and now it's an opposite and richest become richer. Because they are better geared/skilled and such and ofc they do better on the events and get more rewards and so on.

2. No strategy in bringing infantry with OP bonus HP and standing behind shield. Just slow boring run. If you like this "strategy", whatever.

3. Another reason why I don't like competitive events. Some old maps would be unplayable shitshow, but there is a fun in chaos and clutches and such. At least something new and accessible.

(09-10-2019, 05:13 PM)Malong Wrote:
(09-10-2019, 04:15 PM)Forward Wrote: The event when people play it only to get legendary reward seems wrong for me, it should be fun and attractive for players from gameplay perspective.

You play for loot.

I play for fun.
(09-10-2019, 05:25 PM)Forward Wrote:

You Most people who still play this mod play for loot.

I play for fun.

FTFY

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
(09-10-2019, 05:45 PM)Malong Wrote:
(09-10-2019, 05:25 PM)Forward Wrote:

You Most people who still play this mod play for loot.

I play for fun.

FTFY

It's arguable. I don't know how this psychological phenomenon called in English when you project your own views to other people.
(09-10-2019, 05:59 PM)Forward Wrote: It's arguable. I don't know how this psychological phenomenon called in English when you project your own views to other people.

Inexplicably, it's called "projection."

But anyway, hi Bobo (and here, and a bunch of other times he posted that). The main joke but not really a joke is that "the fun is in the loot" has been NI parlance for a long time, while nobody ever says "the fun is in the gameplay."

(09-10-2019, 06:10 PM)Malong Wrote:
(09-10-2019, 05:59 PM)Forward Wrote: It's arguable. I don't know how this psychological phenomenon called in English when you project your own views to other people.

Inexplicably, it's called "projection."

But anyway, hi Bobo (and here, and a bunch of other times he posted that). The main joke but not really a joke is that "the fun is in the loot" has been NI parlance for a long time, while nobody ever says "the fun is in the gameplay."

so whats the crime?
Loots 

2018 - Sun Pike   
2018 - Severance 
2018 - Pride 
2018 - Mjolnir 
2018 - Legacy 
2018 - Ornate C. 
2018 - TigerScale A.
2019 - Dragon S. 
2019 - Gilded Bear A 
2019 - Gothic Plate 
2019 - Dark Gothic G. 
2020 - Gothic Sallet 
2020 - Defender Armour
2020 - Ailadrodd
2021 - Volundr
2021 - Hurricane

2021 - Defender G.
(09-10-2019, 05:25 PM)Forward Wrote: 1. Winner/loser thing. No one wants to be loser, but many players just want to play casually and not enjoying hard competition. I would like to see reward as just random additional collectible drop from Odin. This mod should be more friendly to new/poor players, and now it's an opposite and richest become richer. Because they are better geared/skilled and such and ofc they do better on the events and get more rewards and so on.

2. No strategy in bringing infantry with OP bonus HP and standing behind shield. Just slow boring run. If you like this "strategy", whatever.

3. Another reason why I don't like competitive events. Some old maps would be unplayable shitshow, but there is a fun in chaos and clutches and such. At least something new and accessible.

1. Events like this I've suggested better tournament gear for that exact reason. Gear is only partly why some teams will do better than others tho. Yea it's a factor but at least is not the only one. Player numbers is more factor in events like this for example.

2. How is this any different from normal game play? Having no respawns implying you can still die for cades means I arguably think the best way to go about this is to not use a person that is unpredictable (Rg). A cade is more reliable than a inf so the idea I would try if I was the leader of my run is 1 to 2 healers (maybe more if tomes are allowed) and the rest cade. I would also pick a map that fulfills my requirements of being safe being.

-Place bots funnel into to cade at
-A back up cade spot were some cades can be made
-A map that gives us alot of time that we can hit the bots before they can hit the cades
-Possibly a map people can kite
-Etc...

This event can have a lot of planing before hand to make the overall run have a higher chance at being 1st. Like I honestly think kiting could be part of this given that you can kite normal and hard and then cade for rag then repeat. This event has the most options in terms of gameplay then any other event I can think of given its about playing safe. I see you bringing up Inf as the only tactic being narrow-minded at best here.

3. Nostalgia is a grate and all but there was probably a reason why we don't have it any more. I may not like the idea of some maps getting changed for invisible reasons but they do have some reasons I can't see. Some of the maps from back then are not to different to what we have now. At this point I see maps as "hallways" 1st and textures 2nd. When doing this the unlimited options when creating a map narrows down how the Ai go around the map. Most maps do have some sort of "hallway" it's just a matter of were and what's around it.

I find even now my favourite map of all is still first defence from 2013 ish. This was a map that was the best for kiting given you could out run Odin jumping off stuff and using race lines. The water underneath the bridge at the front was and still is a grate place to kite bots given how slow we get in water. The old cading spot was up to the left so the bots all came up that ramp but you could cade closer to were we do now if you wanted to.

Over all this map has changed in were we cade ATM was another set of stairs to go up to the top and the gate at front was blocked off. Thats is about it to be honest. This map had it all for me and alot of people with those small changes. Eventually it got those changes that made it more and more "disliked" till we see it as today.

Believe me I would like to play that map again but I'm not sure if it would be right to add it back given it was so easy to kite on. It's not that much different to the first defence we have now. No map unless we don't have it in the map poll is that drastically different that I would want it back that badly.

Yes there is some exceptions as I think maps should have 2 or more clear area's were we players should cade. The 1st one should be the faster and more risker one. 2nd should be further back to give players more time to damage the bots into making the run easier on shields and cades.

Getting a bit off topic but I wouldn't mind playing old maps for events but I don't think you need to add old maps from the past back into the game. If we see a old map the community wants back I would suggest the community look at all the maps that we have closely as it's possible one of the maps we have right now is like the one that you want.

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
(09-10-2019, 07:07 PM)Woody Wrote:
(09-10-2019, 05:25 PM)Forward Wrote: 1. Winner/loser thing. No one wants to be loser, but many players just want to play casually and not enjoying hard competition. I would like to see reward as just random additional collectible drop from Odin. This mod should be more friendly to new/poor players, and now it's an opposite and richest become richer. Because they are better geared/skilled and such and ofc they do better on the events and get more rewards and so on.

1. Events like this I've suggested better tournament gear for that exact reason. Gear is only partly why some teams will do better than others tho. Yea it's a factor but at least is not the only one. Player numbers is more factor in events like this for example.

2. How is this any different from normal game play? Having no respawns implying you can still die for cades means I arguably think the best way to go about this is to not use a person that is unpredictable (Rg). A cade is more reliable than a inf so the idea I would try if I was the leader of my run is 1 to 2 healers (maybe more if tomes are allowed) and the rest cade. I would also pick a map that fulfills my requirements of being safe being.

-Place bots funnel into to cade at
-A back up cade spot were some cades can be made
-A map that gives us alot of time that we can hit the bots before they can hit the cades
-Possibly a map people can kite
-Etc...

This event can have a lot of planing before hand to make the overall run have a higher chance at being 1st. Like I honestly think kiting could be part of this given that you can kite normal and hard and then cade for rag then repeat. This event has the most options in terms of gameplay then any other event I can think of given its about playing safe. I see you bringing up Inf as the only tactic being narrow-minded at best here.

3. Nostalgia is a grate and all but there was probably a reason why we don't have it any more. I may not like the idea of some  maps getting changed for invisible reasons but they do have some reasons I can't see. Some of the maps from back then are not to different to what we have now. At this point I see maps as "hallways" 1st and textures 2nd. When doing this the unlimited options when creating a map narrows down how the Ai go around the map. Most maps do have some sort of "hallway" it's just a matter of were and what's around it.

I find even now my favourite map of all is still first defence from 2013 ish. This was a map that was the best for kiting given you could out run Odin jumping off stuff and using race lines. The water underneath the bridge at the front was and still is a grate place to kite bots given how slow we get in water. The old cading spot was up to the left so the bots all came up that ramp but you could cade closer to were we do now if you wanted to.

Over all this map has changed in were we cade ATM was another set of stairs to go up to the top and the gate at front was blocked off. Thats is about it to be honest. This map had it all for me and alot of people with those small changes. Eventually it got those changes that made it more and more "disliked" till we see it as today.

Believe me I would like to play that map again but I'm not sure if it would be right to add it back given it was so easy to kite on. It's not that much different to the first defence we have now. No map unless we don't have it in the map poll is that drastically different that I would want it back that badly.

Yes there is some exceptions as I think maps should have 2 or more clear area's were we players should cade. The 1st one should be the faster and more risker one. 2nd should be further back to give players more time to damage the bots into making the run easier on shields and cades.

Getting a bit off topic but I wouldn't mind playing old maps for events but I don't think you need to add old maps from the past back into the game. If we see a old map the community wants back I would suggest the community look at all the maps that we have closely as it's possible one of the maps we have right now is like the one that you want.

By the way in case house-oriented custom events I think event map should be given by admins not chosen. Otherwise it's too easy.

As for me just set up old map rotation on couple of servers and call it event, would be fun enough. With bonus collectible Odin loot ofc.

It might be December event because November event should be Halloween probably.

And you not answered my point about casual players/wide community involvement. There is no reason making events for 2.5 alive houses and rewarding already rich players. Elitism is killing this mod.

Even idea above with Marketplace Rag runs makes sense because everyone could participate at same ground and could involve many casual players in addition to usual participants.