Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Bannerlord Hero Idea (Ni2)
(24-02-2020, 03:59 PM)Forward Wrote: Agree, non-class system would be better except harder to balance. And some current classes might not find their place in the non-class meta, like crossbowmen might be outclassed by bowmen and such.
63 agility and 10 athlethics ?
(24-02-2020, 04:04 PM)Kriegstofu Wrote:
(24-02-2020, 03:59 PM)Forward Wrote: Agree, non-class system would be better except harder to balance. And some current classes might not find their place in the non-class meta, like crossbowmen might be outclassed by bowmen and such.
Just become a cade by putting it all into hp

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
(24-02-2020, 04:19 PM)Woody Wrote:

RG mentality Big Grin
More like an extreme Jugg

(24-02-2020, 04:37 PM)Forward Wrote:
(24-02-2020, 04:19 PM)Woody Wrote:

RG mentality Big Grin
if you backpedal with lighter vs heavier armor you will reduce the damage because there is less speed bonus on the enemies weapons on a light setup. On a heavy setup your damage soaks more dmg but enemies are more likely to swarm you and thus negating that extra hp
(24-02-2020, 02:56 PM)Malong Wrote: What if, instead of having classes altogether, you just get stat and skill points as you level and you get to allocate them as you wish? And then items have required stats and/or skills to equip? Then you would have more freedom and custom "classes" even if cookie cutter templates emerge as the most competitive.

This.

Would be a nice addition to NI 2 or NI if we have time to spare :/
(24-02-2020, 06:27 PM)Kaasovic Wrote:
(24-02-2020, 02:56 PM)Malong Wrote: What if, instead of having classes altogether, you just get stat and skill points as you level and you get to allocate them as you wish? And then items have required stats and/or skills to equip? Then you would have more freedom and custom "classes" even if cookie cutter templates emerge as the most competitive.

This.

Yeah, because i didn't see create character  button in bannerlord. i wonder how devs make class system again.
Loots 

2018 - Sun Pike   
2018 - Severance 
2018 - Pride 
2018 - Mjolnir 
2018 - Legacy 
2018 - Ornate C. 
2018 - TigerScale A.
2019 - Dragon S. 
2019 - Gilded Bear A 
2019 - Gothic Plate 
2019 - Dark Gothic G. 
2020 - Gothic Sallet 
2020 - Defender Armour
2020 - Ailadrodd
2021 - Volundr
2021 - Hurricane

2021 - Defender G.

This.

How would you implement an idea like this? It's obviously it would need to have diminishing returns or a hard cap on all stats so how would you limit choice a bit if at all?

If I say I'm this class [name] people automatically get a picture of what role I can do and whats my strengths and weaknesses. This is quite important for a team game I would imagine so how would youi implement this with that design?

I do like the idea of "templates" but It being a more verified thing. Basically you still have normal classes them being templates you can pick from. The benefit of picking a template is it can be given a colloquialism so a name to those stats.

Having a name is maybe something we take for granted given I know we all have called for an RG at times. We could call for a shielder but saying RG we have a more refined image of who we want.

You gain more freedom with this idea compared to my idea at class stats itself. Gear wise it becomes a bit more interesting. Would you allow Jugg for argument sake to be able to use all armour ingame? I don't think classes should be able to use that much at once but maybe my opinion would change.

(24-02-2020, 09:49 PM)Woody Wrote:

This.

How would you implement an idea like this? It's obviously it would need to have diminishing returns or a hard cap on all stats so how would you limit choice a bit if at all?

By having diminishing returns and/or a hard cap on stats. This is a system that has been in computer games for literal decades.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
(24-02-2020, 10:22 PM)Malong Wrote:
(24-02-2020, 09:49 PM)Woody Wrote:

This.

By having diminishing returns and/or a hard cap on stats. This is a system that has been in computer games for literal decades.

What's wrong with asking how he would do it.