Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Actually achievable new game mode.
If a new difficulty is add it just make it classic or Rag+. Bring back 20 waves = sleipnir, all tomes have a 5% chance no wraith, 45% 1 wraith, 50% 3 wraiths. I dont know if devs have the old copies of maps still lying around.

I think winter? thought about it.
Loots: 18
(04-08-2020, 07:33 AM)Fendi Wrote: If a new difficulty is add it just make it classic or Rag+. Bring back 20 waves = sleipnir, all tomes have a 5% chance no wraith, 45% 1 wraith, 50% 3 wraiths.

We already have 4 difficulties. We don't need a 5th that's just a copy of the 4th + 5 waves.  

I'm all for making all difficulties harder by 10-20% to get the effect you want with the same number of difficulties.

What I'm suggesting Is a new game mode, not a new difficulty. In a way, It would be a mid point from normal gameplay to cav. 

(04-08-2020, 07:33 AM)Fendi Wrote: I dont know if devs have the old copies of maps still lying around.

Maps are not that big so I would see no reasons why they would delete them. Could be wrong but I would be surprised If we have lost all of that to time.

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
(04-08-2020, 07:03 AM)Woody Wrote:
(03-08-2020, 10:28 PM)Forward Wrote: None of your examples require several cade spots. 

Sorry If I did not outline the best strategy If it was not obvious? Tell me whats the meta again? To be as close to the bots spawn as possible? Yea? 

If wave 1-3 Is on one side of the map and 4-6 Is on the other Is It not optimal to fucking move for once lol... What are you going to wait In the middle of the map? A lot of cade spots I can think of don't back into a wall so It's not even going to end well... 

A lot of maps we play atm have the cade area In the middle of the map out In the open. If you caded the same way we do on all maps atm the bots would come from behind you at some point. Some maps would work just about the same still but the same cade spot may not be optimal.  

Take this cade spot for example https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/u...0F639095C/

If the bots came from that spawn on wave 1-3 well everything Is going well but what happens when 4-6 Is behind us?  

(03-08-2020, 10:28 PM)Forward Wrote: There are already maps where we played with multiple cades spots sometimes: Unusdaq, Offshore, Hell, Yalen. 

We have never had anything like what I'm suggesting.  

(03-08-2020, 10:28 PM)Forward Wrote: I can't say that it's more difficult. 

If the risk is higher the difficulty is higher. Also, you will have fewer cades given you will need to split them up. 

(03-08-2020, 10:28 PM)Forward Wrote: But for me it would not make the game more fun, just more loot for being a slower, like cavalry mode, which I dislike.

Cav is not for some people the same way with kiting Is not for some people. Hell, kiting takes longer and It's not even as rewarding as normal gameplay with a full team yet lots of people do It.

I see no difficulty in changing cade spot according to bots spawns, only time waste. And in your example with Nordic Village, I would just caded the ramp (to right from you screenshot view) and had 1 cading spot from all directions.

The meta of this proposed mode is already solved, so not interesting.

On top of it, the idea of having less cades is just not working if you remember build points fiasco.
(04-08-2020, 12:57 PM)Forward Wrote: The meta of this proposed mode is already solved, so not interesting.

What? What type of argument is this?  The Rubik's cube has been already solved, so not interesting.

Do I need to quote this from your last post?... 

(04-08-2020, 07:03 AM)Woody Wrote:
(03-08-2020, 10:28 PM)Forward Wrote: But for me it would not make the game more fun, just more loot for being a slower, like cavalry mode, which I dislike.

Cav is not for some people the same way with kiting Is not for some people. Hell, kiting takes longer and It's not even as rewarding as normal gameplay with a full team yet lots of people do It.

(04-08-2020, 12:57 PM)Forward Wrote: On top of it, the idea of having less cades is just not working if you remember build points fiasco.

My memory is not great on that but I don't need to remember It. When rag teams can bring In 20 tomes and so many extra cades that don't get used... We have the room to do this new game mode and be fine. 

What I have proposed game-wise effects cades only a little amount thinking about It. You have the same number of bots and the same number of cades just in 2 areas... 

Really think about It... As long as the bots only come from 1 side which would be most of the run (wave 1 to 10) It would use almost the same number of cades as normal. The only difference would be you have the cades split up between 2 cade areas. Once you get to wave 10 they come from both sides. You could cade In one area for 10+ but like I said most cade area's we use atm will not work. This new cade area will probably need to be the 3rd cade area you set up given the last 2 places you caded cant be used probably given most would be open ended. 

Chances are you will have leftover cades from wave 1-10 so you will probably stay with the 2 cade spots and just split up your team. Wait what's that teamwork? You know talking to people...? It's not hard to say 50% go right and 50% go left.

(04-08-2020, 12:57 PM)Forward Wrote: I see no difficulty in changing cade spot according to bots spawns, only time waste. And in your example with Nordic Village, I would just caded the ramp (to right from you screenshot view) and had 1 cading spot from all directions.

It would be a time waste not to move with my suggestion... It would be more cade efficient to play on (map 1) sure but the point of this Is to find maps that fit (map 2) see op post.

Also I like current map design which allows players to cade various spots and using different strategies. And proposed mode just dictates players how to play and where to cade, which is bad. Map design should reward players creativity with cading spots, not limit them.
(04-08-2020, 03:04 PM)Forward Wrote: Also I like current map design

Subjective.

(04-08-2020, 03:04 PM)Forward Wrote: which allows players to cade various spots and using different strategies.

Haha, various spots and using different strategies good joke you have here.

(04-08-2020, 03:04 PM)Forward Wrote: proposed mode just dictates players how to play and where to cade, which is bad. Map design should reward players creativity with cading spots, not limit them.

Wait what? Bots come from 2 places? Does that mean I have to be more creative when setting up cades???

(04-08-2020, 03:04 PM)Forward Wrote: proposed mode just dictates players how to play and where to cade, which is bad. Map design should reward players creativity with cading spots, not limit them.

Wait what? Bots come from 2 places? Does that mean I have to be more creative when setting up cades???

Hypers Castle already has 2 Spawn Points, so you could try to cade in the entrance between spawn 1 and 2 if you so desire this playstyle

Huh No Dev answered yet to your Idea, best to wait for answer? Angel
(04-08-2020, 03:28 PM)Kriegstofu Wrote: Hypers Castle already has 2 Spawn Points, so you could try to cade in the entrance between spawn 1 and 2 if you so desire this playstyle

I think Hypers Castle would be good but It would be really 3 spawn points for the bots. A and B for where they are atm and you could have C all the way In the corner opposite the shrine I think It Is?

Effectively spawn A and B would be treated as 1 spawn so you would cade were we normally do atm but then for the cades behind you would cade were people normally place a backup wall.

The walls on the map Itself may need to be bigger so we stand a chance against range but I think you get the idea.

A very crude map to show what I mean. 

Green - cades 
Light Grey - out side
Black -  were most people walk ish 

[Image: 7c4c1394d460ce7db5100208461e2f11.png]

Be something like 

wave 1-3 Is A + B
wave 4-6 Is C
wave 9-12 Is A + B
wave 13-15 All

Edit you could move a bit faster for example...

wave 1-3 Is A + B
wave 4-6 Is C
wave 9 Is A + B
wave 10 is C
Wave 11 Is A + B
Wave 12 Is C
wave 13-15 All

(04-08-2020, 03:10 PM)Woody Wrote:

Your proposed mode is about telling people where to cade and how to play, which is bad game design.
(04-08-2020, 04:07 PM)Forward Wrote:
(04-08-2020, 03:10 PM)Woody Wrote:

Your proposed mode is about telling people where to cade and how to play, which is bad game design.

No, It's not. 

You could cade In 1 area but that's not optimal. I have been talking about whats optimal here from the start given a lot of players do that already. They play the same maps, cade in the same place, and do it for hours till something magical happens because It's optimal.

You are effectively sitting a slot machine waiting for loot. All Im asking for Is a new slot machine to get me back into this hell hole.