Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Maroon's Modeling Corner [Cleaver of sorts 28/6]
(10-04-2013, 10:25 PM)Jarold link Wrote:[quote author=Maroon link=topic=11766.msg97324#msg97324 date=1365620546]
Sad to say I've based my model on a sword from a book, and it's quite blue in there Tongue
Anyway, just finished the UV mapping, after having to redo the blade and the crossguard...
I'm gonna get to texturing one of these days, but I'm not sure yet when exactly.

It wouldn't be the master sword would it....

Nah that things purple with wings I think?!
[/quote]
Have you ever seen a book about the Legend of Zelda? Tongue
No, it's not the Master Sword.
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
(11-04-2013, 10:37 AM)Maroon link Wrote:[quote author=Jarold link=topic=11766.msg97393#msg97393 date=1365632741]
[quote author=Maroon link=topic=11766.msg97324#msg97324 date=1365620546]
Sad to say I've based my model on a sword from a book, and it's quite blue in there Tongue
Anyway, just finished the UV mapping, after having to redo the blade and the crossguard...
I'm gonna get to texturing one of these days, but I'm not sure yet when exactly.

It wouldn't be the master sword would it....

Nah that things purple with wings I think?!
[/quote]
Have you ever seen a book about the Legend of Zelda? Tongue
No, it's not the Master Sword.
[/quote]

Is it eragons sword brisingr? :-P
Ding-ding-ding! We have a winner!
Although:
(08-04-2013, 06:48 AM)Maroon link Wrote:My aim is to continue working on this sword to recreate one I read about (the sword Brisingr from the Inheritance cycle.
Tongue
But yeah, I'm trying to make that one based on the description in the books, and although it's not a very remarkable sword, it's key feature is it's blue colour, so I'm gonna stick to that Tongue

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
ooopsie, havent read that.
the same book: tamerlein, a green sword and im not sure but i think its also an 1 1/2hander. so you dont have to make it blue Tongue there is still the green option (and a red one, zar´roc ...)

they are all the same swords, just different colours. so you could make this sword in different colours and the names fitting to this colour.
i would do it myself if you werent already doing brisingr and im also too lazy to learn what i would need for it Smile
But zar' roc is bigger.
FF_Skywalker- Marauder
FF_Skywallker- Warden
FF_Skywalllker- Zweihänder
smaller. i only want a green good looking craftable 1,5 sword Big Grin

[Image: Riders_swords.jpg]

brisingr, zar´roc, naegling, tamerlein and the other one : i have no idea Tongue
And Galbatorix? His sword :o
FF_Skywalker- Marauder
FF_Skywallker- Warden
FF_Skywalllker- Zweihänder
its not in the picture how you can see, but his one was white. (its the stolen sword of vrael)

i think we both should be quite now, we spammed enough maroon´s thread
(11-04-2013, 02:13 PM)Gimli link Wrote:smaller. i only want a green good looking craftable 1,5 sword Big Grin

[Image: Riders_swords.jpg]

brisingr, zar´roc, naegling, tamerlein and the other one : i have no idea Tongue
The last one is Undbitr, Brom's old sword, which he lost when Saphira I died.
And these pictures are rather inaccurate, as it's clearly said in the books that the crossguard and the claws holding the gem are also coloured like the sword itself.
Also, there's no insignia's on these blades or sheathes, and Brisingr's blade is supposed to be a bit less wide than Zar'roc, which it isn't in this picture.
I've done my research, hehe Tongue

But if this sword works out, I might make some more of the Inheritance swords Big Grin
The problem is, though, all swords were custom made, so they're all fitting for a different fighting style, with a different balance. Like when Eragon tries Tamerlein, he instantly knows it doesn't fit him, because the balance isn't good for him.

thumb up!
thats what i wanted to hear Big Grin