NordInvasion Forum

Full Version: Ryu's Armory - My Warband Models and maybe some more
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
(05-12-2012, 12:34 PM)YuriTheRed link Wrote: [ -> ]=O looks amazing

Thanks mate Smile.

(05-12-2012, 12:44 PM)k4mi link Wrote: [ -> ][quote author=YuriTheRed link=topic=2832.msg64722#msg64722 date=1354710878]
=O looks amazing

I have to agree, just amazing !
[/quote]

Ty k4mi!

(05-12-2012, 01:27 PM)Gismo link Wrote: [ -> ]very nice ryu!

Thanks gismo! Smile

(05-12-2012, 01:30 PM)Carolus Rex link Wrote: [ -> ]Are you going to add leather straps btw?
To make it look legit! Tongue
Just to show how its kept together really.

Other then that, it gets better every time i see new stuff from you mate!

Ty mate. I was thinking to make some leatherwork(belts, straps) on armor from the very start; but it will increase polycount which is already a bit higher than ordinary armors; and i dont want to add those as only textures without some volume Sad. Although i've overhauled most of the meshes(still working on gauntlets) to decrease the polycount, who knows maybe i can add some leather straps at the end Smile.

(05-12-2012, 01:31 PM)VLKA_Hablam link Wrote: [ -> ]now it looks like an "imperial armor"
very good  ;D

Hehehe, thats probably why i have an urge to add some Roman soldier leather belt on chainmail part Tongue.

Originally, i wanted to add some brush on the metal part of the helmet but then i remember how i hated some other roman helmets because they block my view in-game. So i left it as a small metal mohawk Smile.

(05-12-2012, 03:52 PM)Sinister_Soldier link Wrote: [ -> ]:o It looks awesome man! Keep up the great work!

Thanks mate!

(05-12-2012, 05:17 PM)Terath86 link Wrote: [ -> ]Holy dajodawhu;wanjb;awnj;ldfwlkbelask
That's f*cking amazing
I need to know how to make armor O.O
Send me a PM on how to start? Big Grin
But still, that is amazing. Should definitely be added.
Also, if they add it, you should get the armor yourself.
+1010101010
You deserve it you amazing person you

Haha thanks mate Smile. Nothing different than making a static weapon model. Only problem is the rigging if you dont know how to make weight painting-importing-exporting your model in game. Thanks to openbrf, its very simple to copy rigging from other models to yours after importing your model as a static mesh, altough it might not be that acurate (some glitchy parts on the model in animations). Just start modelling one, the rest will follow somehow Smile. Pm me if you need some advice, i can try to help you if i can mate.

I also hope to get this armor set for myself as i said before, when i did some retextures for the dev armors. I hope devs will like this armor enough to add in NI and will be generous enough to give one set as a present to the armorsmith  Wink. Usually i dont ask for a free one after making a new model for NI, but i wish to wear this one proudly in NI since its my first armor model for Warband.

(05-12-2012, 07:07 PM)Sir_Aragorn link Wrote: [ -> ]Ryu...I....I ....Just Had a nerdgasm Big Grin

Smile) I always have those when see one of my models in NI ;D. Thanks mate Smile.

(05-12-2012, 07:21 PM)Dragonknight link Wrote: [ -> ]Damn nice work.  Big Grin

Damn nice comment. Ty Dragonknight Smile.

(06-12-2012, 08:40 AM)_Sophie_ link Wrote: [ -> ]Open trooper helmet with mohawk.  :o Nice !

Thanks Sophie Smile. As a sidenote; this one is mostly based on T-faced barbutte Smile.

(08-12-2012, 01:00 AM)Felch link Wrote: [ -> ]That armour is super slick dude Big Grin put my name down on the waiting list ha
Keep up the amazing work

Thank you Felch Smile. I hope that it will still look good in-game.

(10-12-2012, 03:01 PM)MrGuarnere link Wrote: [ -> ]Dibs on that being the new dev armour. I love shattering dreams...

Hehehehe MrG Smile. I can do some retexture work with some ornaments on it after its done mate Wink. Or maybe a lighter version(will help pollycount-wise) for players too Smile.

-----------------

I'm relooking into the mesh to reduce polycount(as i told it here somewhere). I also did some testing in-game with the helmet; Auto deforming the helmet to make them fit to players' custom heads, caused some nasty problems  :-\. I had to resized the helmet and will be working on its edge-flow to decrease those deformations.

I'll be posting in-game screenshots without textures when i'm really done with all of the meshes and fixes(except leather straps, i'll decide how to add those later probably) and when i'm ready to pass to texturing work.
Was it your assassins glaive that got into the new patch? If so then congrats  Wink
(11-12-2012, 11:13 AM)Displeased_Peasant link Wrote: [ -> ]Was it your assassins glaive that got into the new patch? If so then congrats  Wink

Yup thats one of my models mate, thank you Smile.

------------------------

Finally i finished working on Defender Armor meshes, fixed the helmet's egde-flow so no more weird deformations in-game; and reduced polycounts greatly(about 7-8k tris less now). Helmet has 1.8k tris, Boots(both together) has 3.1k tris, Gauntlets(all parts, left+right with forearm guards together) 3.4k tris; and Body Armor has about 10.7k tris with everything included(with all side plates-shoulderguards around the armor which are about 5.5k tris themselves). So Defender Armor Set has around the same polycount as 4xEastern Katanas, or about 3xPrinceSwords and i think thats not that bad for 4 different piece of armors Wink.

Here is the latest shape of the armor from Blender;
[Image: ne6m5.jpg]

And some more screenies from in-game;
[Image: xJcHr.jpg]
[Image: lSsjH.jpg]
[Image: oyWwS.jpg]
[Image: Cv9Km.jpg]
[Image: gqtlW.jpg]

Now its time to work on textures Smile.
ah i love it Ryu, can't wait for the textures  Wink

edit: he looks fat on 3rd picture xD
(12-12-2012, 06:18 PM)Gismo link Wrote: [ -> ]ah i love it Ryu, can't wait for the textures  Wink
(12-12-2012, 06:18 PM)Gismo link Wrote: [ -> ]ah i love it Ryu, can't wait for the textures  Wink

edit: he looks fat on 3rd picture xD

Heheh yeah, in most of the medieval armor references i used to make this one; i saw that breastplate is getting that shape on belly (hmm.. maybe to reduce impacts from swords or pikes to get less damage, i'm not sure). Also shoulder and hip bones are pulling mesh a bit back on that pose Smile.

(12-12-2012, 08:50 PM)Senni link Wrote: [ -> ][quote author=Gismo link=topic=2832.msg65994#msg65994 date=1355336302]
ah i love it Ryu, can't wait for the textures  Wink
[/quote]

I'm glad you guys like it Smile.

-----------------------

I kinda finished base textures, here is a teaser Tongue.
[Image: 8c1No.jpg]

Ofcourse this is only a render from blender; it has ambient occlusion on(which i'll be baking on textures later), textures' res. are a bit high; also i use base metal texture to give bump for little details while also having a normal map. It also has envir. map(same one in warband) for fake metalic reflections.

The problem is if i use envir. map in warband, that kinda destroys model's normal map(so no nice details). I must find a way to fix this, maybe i need to test it more in openbrf to learn how to make both work. Or i "might" ditch the whole envir. map thing. Anyways i'll try to keep as much details as i can for in-game Smile.
Wow...
(13-12-2012, 12:22 PM)MrGuarnere link Wrote: [ -> ]Wow...

That looks even better than real armor do ;D
Impressive
Yeah, I found the same thing ryu.

Doesn't seem to be a way to use both the normal map and env map.

Possible it is too much for the engine to do, generate a new surface and fake reflections on that surface.

Who knows :/
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39