NordInvasion Forum

Full Version: Ryu's Armory - My Warband Models and maybe some more
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
Thought about making sleipnir? The horse with 8 legs :o :o
awsome!
(30-06-2012, 03:00 AM)Kwal link Wrote: [ -> ]Very nice Ryu - I admire your creativity Smile

Could you explain which shape the spearhead is in though? I really like what you did with the size and decoration and it looks cool on the third picture, but it looks like it's cone-shaped on the others. I hope I'm just looking at it the wrong way Tongue anyway impressive job, glad you decided to model this one.

Thanks Kwal. What do you mean by cone shape? You mean the back of the spearhead being wider? If thats it, i made 2 calls(bad ones maybe) on wooden part which led me to have to model the spearhead wider unfortunately. Those bad calls are;
-Making spear wide from the behind of the handle and making it getting thinner(smaller) up to the tip so it can has more "sharp" look. I decided to make it like that because of a referance image.
-2nd one was, making the spear longer than the referance image. More lenght caused spear tip to be smaller and smaller. So when those 2 calls combined, i had to make spearhead wider somehow to make it look bigger(And it already looks small in these screenies if you look carefully).

Yes its not that realistic like that maybe but i dont want to spend another 4-5 hours to remake the spearhead, highpoly mesh, uv, new textures, new texture bakings and fixes, symbols etc. just to fix it. I better start making a new model than trying to fix this one. I think its fine like how its now Smile.

(30-06-2012, 03:10 AM)Gismo link Wrote: [ -> ]Thought about making sleipnir? The horse with 8 legs :o :o

Its a whole different story when its about rigged models, i dont think its doable for me right now. Maybe instead of a new 8-legged horse, maybe devs can just scale up a fine looking horse to create a monsterous look for Odin.

(30-06-2012, 06:43 AM)Jalau link Wrote: [ -> ]awsome!

Thanks! Smile
All your models are awesome Ryu! Keep up the good work mateĀ  8)
(30-06-2012, 12:16 PM)Shotgun1 link Wrote: [ -> ]All your models are awesome Ryu! Keep up the good work mateĀ  8)

Hey thx Shotgun Smile.
(30-06-2012, 12:01 PM)Ryu link Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Kwal. What do you mean by cone shape? You mean the back of the spearhead being wider? If thats it, i made 2 calls(bad ones maybe) on wooden part which led me to have to model the spearhead wider unfortunately. Those bad calls are;
-Making spear wide from the behind of the handle and making it getting thinner(smaller) up to the tip so it can has more "sharp" look. I decided to make it like that because of a referance image.
-2nd one was, making the spear longer than the referance image. More lenght caused spear tip to be smaller and smaller. So when those 2 calls combined, i had to make spearhead wider somehow to make it look bigger(And it already looks small in these screenies if you look carefully).

Yes its not that realistic like that maybe but i dont want to spend another 4-5 hours to remake the spearhead, highpoly mesh, uv, new textures, new texture bakings and fixes, symbols etc. just to fix it. I better start making a new model than trying to fix this one. I think its fine like how its now Smile.

Oh so that was it, it's just wider. Because of the shades my eyes were playing tricks on me Tongue I agree it's a very fine spear.
Nah model is probably a bit weird hahaha. Thanks Kwal Smile.
Wow O_O your really good, that armor your making looks like it will be good.
(15-07-2012, 01:08 AM)Jarold link Wrote: [ -> ]Wow O_O your really good, that armor your making looks like it will be good.

Thanks mate.

For now , i just finished retexturing of an armor in narf's_transitional_armour_pack(great work btw). I didnt have time to import so instead i took screenshots in BGE(blender game engine) at realtime. You can compare it with other 2 Narf's armors. My retexture is at the middle.

[Image: F8RbU.png]

[Image: DSohb.png]

[Image: XsGdl.png]
@.@ DAMN THOSE LOOK AWESOME, you make all the other commando armors look bad Ryu Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39