NordInvasion Forum

Full Version: Ryu's Armory - My Warband Models and maybe some more
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
(29-05-2012, 01:12 AM)Barristan link Wrote: [ -> ]Just thought I would shoot you some praise for your work... pretty epic mate.

Thanks alot Barristan Smile.

--------------------------------

I'll probably change current screenshots with the ones with new materials for every model when i feel like taking tons of new screenies again Tongue.

Btw i noticed if i enable envir. shadows, somehow details on models looks more noticable, keep in mind to enable it if you are taking ss's of your models too (to anyone interested with modeling) Smile.
Hey guys long time no see(well at least in here Tongue ). I was working on an armor. I'm doing a highpoly mesh right now, will need to make a lowpoly one and then do some baking, so this will take some time.

Notes about the model:

- Its just an highpoly mesh (right now it has around 250k faces-quads-), so the actual model will look way worse Big Grin.
- Its using environment map(the one warband uses) for real time reflections for "more" metalic looks and just a simple material color. I kinda managed to get this thing work on some of my other models in warband by playing with material settings in openbrf, but somehow this real-time "fake" reflections destroys the normal map's strenght :/. Not sure what to do, maybe i wont use reflections.
- I tried to model it part by part and made some modifications on the model to be able to import it in warband easier(if i can ever manage to do this lol). So for example, the shoulder guards were actually bigger(way bigger) but got modified to fit like some of the native warband armors.
- I'm still not sure how to do rigging(since i suck at it) and even if i will manage it, i'm not even sure if i can import the lowpoly model with weightpaints in-game. I remember seeing copying rigging from other models into imported ones(or maybe i was just day-dreaming lol), maybe i can try something like that.
- This is a personal work, so it can be or can not be in NI even if its done and working in warband, its not up to me to decide.
- It will take lots of time to finish, thats for sure Smile.

Here is the "render":
[Image: csq4M.png]

I can gladly take any feedbacks about this one(or any other model Smile ). Thanks for checking Smile.
That armour looks so nice, looking forward to some more of your weapons Smile

Look forward to fighting alongside you again, our greeting is so addictive. Tongue
(22-06-2012, 03:57 PM)Jeremiah The 12th link Wrote: [ -> ]That armour looks so nice, looking forward to some more of your weapons Smile

Look forward to fighting alongside you again, our greeting is so addictive. Tongue

Thanks mate Smile. Hehehe we already met at battlefield, it was nice to do our greeting once again Smile.
-Added 2 new weapons' screenshots; Gungnir and its little brother, a throwing spear.

-Changed all of the screenshots with the new material settings (less images per model now).
awesome as always ryu!
(29-06-2012, 11:52 PM)Senni link Wrote: [ -> ]awesome as always ryu!

Thanks mate Smile.
really nice Ryu! I really liked Odins spear. Really nice models.
(30-06-2012, 12:38 AM)Gismo link Wrote: [ -> ]really nice Ryu! I really liked Odins spear. Really nice models.

Thanks mate, hope devs will like it too Smile.
Very nice Ryu - I admire your creativity Smile

Could you explain which shape the spearhead is in though? I really like what you did with the size and decoration and it looks cool on the third picture, but it looks like it's cone-shaped on the others. I hope I'm just looking at it the wrong way Tongue anyway impressive job, glad you decided to model this one.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39