NordInvasion Forum

Full Version: Ryu's Armory - My Warband Models and maybe some more
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
-I played with all of my material settings in openbrf to make weapons looks more "metal". I Put some screenies at the first message.

-Also added a new model's screenshots, its a small medieval medic station.

----------

@Senni:
That uneffecting normal maps happend me to once, i guess its a bug in warband somehow. I managed to make normal maps work by changing ingame settings (shader and shadow qualities). Try to play with them and restart the warband, it might help you too.

I'm not sure how you're creating normal maps but if you're doing some baking from high res models, it "can" be relevant with its normal directions too. Check every part of your every model to have correct normal directions(they must be looking outside of your model) before baking. Try asigning to your model a working normal map(maybe a native normal map) just for checking to see if yours is the problem.
I guess the problem is I'm not baking one :o.

I'm just taking an ambient occlusion map and turning it into a normal using gimp :o.

But yh been looking at my maps, all of them have rough edges (not sure why), and the normal maps particularly bad Sad.

EDIT: also I'm trying to make a bow, don't suppose you have any experience animating? Tongue
Hmm maybe making normal map from diffuse map(color map) is a better idea than using AO map for it. Can you post a screenshot of your normal map?

Actually i have a bit of experience with animating. You need to use vertex animated mesh with md3 format as openbrf want that one. I couldnt find a way to export animation with this format from blender so i found another solution. You can use import "frame of vertex-animated mesh" options or import frames as static meshes then combine them in openbrf. It can cause some problems but i managed to import my xbow model with this way.

EDIT:
Hmm bows needs 5 frames total, its better if you check a bow mesh in openbrf and see how frames looks like, then you can use the same information for your model and import your frames accordingly.
It looks fine to me. You can put a ss of your model's image in openbrf and in warband for me to check; or if you want to, you can upload your model so i can have a look if i can see whats the problem Senni.
Thanks, might be awhile though, had an exam today, got one on friday too. Once this is over I'll get some ss. Smile
Trying to get back into modelling, but 3dsmax is determined to crash at every opportunity >Sad. Its getting really annoying now :/. And when it isn't crashing I can't get it to work :,(.
(28-05-2012, 10:23 AM)Senni link Wrote: [ -> ]Trying to get back into modelling, but 3dsmax is determined to crash at every opportunity >Sad. Its getting really annoying now :/. And when it isn't crashing I can't get it to work :,(.

Maybe its time to try some alternatives ("whispers" blender... ), i dont know, maybe you can google this "awesome open source 3d suit" and see the results ("whispers again" blender...der...der....). I dont know, maybe i can suggest one hmm... You know what, i just remember a nice program called Blender, you might want to check that, who knows you might like it Wink.
xD
Just thought I would shoot you some praise for your work... pretty epic mate.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39