Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Change orange legendaries
(11-03-2020, 10:07 AM)Angar Wrote: 2 days ago my day has come and I finally looted again... not even a bad item in my opinion but the market says "shit loot" as some people are just giving away their stuff for a couple of coins if I may say that. Cash became undue valueable for so many people and Items lose their value due to that. If you haven't noticed I looted a Gothic Sallet and I was like "damn" whatever I was messaged almost immediately after my call ingame with an offer of 1,8m was it I guess. That sum is what I paid for a freaking Kings Will (Which is by the way not shit...Fendi) like a week ago. Another guy wanted to hear what I'd be willing take for the sallet and when I clarified that I'm obviously not going to sell it for that cheap, I got to hear he'll be waiting for a cheaper one instead cause the market is fucked by people who yizz on 2m cash. It's probably true that I will be undercutted by a guy selling it outrageously cheap but I will wait for someone that respects the actual value of my damn red helmet cause I looted it and I'm not going to sell it for an income of one week in my case.

Ye well my last loot was Severance so we are In the same boat.

A few weeks work In value for hours upon hours of gameplay. What a nice feeling right.   

(11-03-2020, 10:07 AM)Angar Wrote: Why would the devs change anything if just you could stop selling your items for peanuts.

As you said before the demand for gold for upgrades has got out of control pushing prices down, however, you can't blame people for this. Well, you can blame a small group of people but not most of them. At some point, you will make a decision to join them or be like me. It would make sense for me to sell what I'm selling for that quick gold as well but I feel the pain you do with Gothic Sallet with all legendaries. Nothing that takes on average that much work to loot should be that cheap.

For why the devs should do something well they are the only ones that can do something at this point. I've suggested this some time ago https://forum.nordinvasion.com/showthread.php?tid=71241 It would go under my (C.) idea.

If upgrades are the cause of the problem well you can make another option to how you get an upgrade.

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
The main problem in the current situation is that we have a constant deflation (from about 50-75% over the past 2 years), in RL (and I guess we can apply this here) an inflation of about 2% is the target value. I admit, I and others who upgrade a lot are part of the problem here - we take a lot of money out of the market.

Due to this high use of cash, the community is willing to pay less and less for mats, craftables and legendaries as noone is really willing to spend their cash.
[Image: w6ZxTrO.png] Total: Loots: 56 & Upgrades: 30
  • 2018: _1 | __
  • 2019: 15 | 10
  • 2020: 17 | 13
  • 2021: 15 | _4
  • 2022: _8 | _3

‌‌ ‌‌Julia's little Armory | Steam
(10-03-2020, 08:49 PM)Fendi Wrote: (D) None of the Above.

Agreed. The progression and antiquation of items is a feature, not a bug, of online RPGs. This is an 8-year old mod and people favor best-in-slot items, or craftable items to be used for upgrades of best-in-slot items. This behavior should not be surprising.

Going from memory, there was a rejected salvaging feature where a player gets a minimal amount of crafting items from breaking down a legendary or craftable item. Maybe that could be revisited.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
(11-03-2020, 02:33 PM)Malong Wrote:

Agreed. The progression and antiquation of items is a feature, not a bug, of online RPGs. This is an 8-year old mod and people favor best-in-slot items, or craftable items to be used for upgrades of best-in-slot items. This behavior should not be surprising.

Going from memory, there was a rejected salvaging feature where a player gets a minimal amount of crafting items from breaking down a legendary or craftable item. Maybe that could be revisited.

You don't agree when that suggestion fits C. 

(10-03-2020, 09:24 AM)Woody Wrote: C. Make It you can sacrifice legendaries to get other items or other goods.

(11-03-2020, 02:53 PM)Woody Wrote:
(11-03-2020, 02:33 PM)Malong Wrote:

You don't agree when that suggestion fits C. 

(10-03-2020, 09:24 AM)Woody Wrote: C. Make It you can sacrifice legendaries to get other items or other goods.

Yes it's a form of that. If it was unclear, my implication was that I would not seriously consider filing that feature request as it has already been rejected.

You also ignored the rest of my post, i.e. "that's how online RPGs work."
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
(11-03-2020, 02:57 PM)Malong Wrote: Yes it's a form of that. If it was unclear, my implication was that I would not seriously consider filing that feature request as it has already been rejected.

You also ignored the rest of my post, i.e. "that's how online RPGs work."

People opinions can and do change over time. Requests for Ni have been rejected then half a year later added maybe not In the form suggested but a similar one.

The quote "that's how online RPGs work." says nothing when game devs do get involved in the market when they feel like something should be done. When I suggest we needed a gold sink [over many threads] years ago what happened? One day we got the biggest gold sink ever being upgrades. I'm not going to take credit on that idea but I'll say I did put a light on the subject so a fix could be made.

We got the gold sink 2 years ago at this point well now Its possibly time to make an item sink for legendaries given.

(09-03-2020, 04:37 AM)Woody Wrote: Chances are when you do loot It will be somthing you don't want. That was fine years ago but at this point the market has been saturated with so many items. We have items that dropped in 2012 but we don't have those players that looted them. Old items like studded far out way new items like a certain helm. In theory all red items are worth the same but that could never be true when we have such a high demand for such a small list of items given their low quantity more than anything.

My last loot severance was a good example of this. Years ago It was wanted but at this point It's almost unsellable in comparison. This is only going to get worse...

(11-03-2020, 03:56 AM)Woody Wrote:
(10-03-2020, 07:28 PM)Forward Wrote: © is plain bad. The game economy should not get rid of these items for good. They should be cheap intermediate items as now. 

Currently, items are almost locked In Inventory so basically they are taken out of the market already.  I've had things for sale for years and no that's not because I'm a scammer its because no joke none wants them.

Saying they should be cheap intermediate items when they are so hard to loot... They are more comparable to reds then craftables don't forget... Craftables are the items that should fill the market you speak of.

Why should anyone buy [Just about all house-crafted items] when orange legendaries are better in all ways and In a lot of cases cheaper.
'No one wants them' is definitely not true. I still met new players in this mod in 2020 (surprisingly). I bet your oranges are from unused classes that's why no demand. Reds the same so whatever.

And people mostly buy housecraftables for upgrades nowadays.

Generally I like current game economy state. It would not be better if you keep in mind shrinking playerbase, which made trade even more difficult.
(11-03-2020, 03:15 PM)Forward Wrote: No one wants them' is definitely not true. I still met new players in this mod in 2020 (surprisingly). I bet your oranges are from unused classes that's why no demand. Reds the same so whatever.

I'm talking widely here and I'm not talking only about orange legendaries. 

Just 1 example out of many who wants this craftable over this legendary when both are similar value.  

[Image: 089c89841df0a47db6110e9f848abdc4.png] [Image: 1831dcb76d7c6fed71d19fd4749ae811.png]

(11-03-2020, 07:39 AM)Woody Wrote: The answer Is to not make house crafted items cheaper by removing their gold sinks and whatnot. That's been suggested and basic arguments can take it down.

(11-03-2020, 03:15 PM)Forward Wrote: And people mostly buy housecraftables for upgrades nowadays.

Not every house crafted item is used In upgrades like the Kriegsmesser for example. You say that like house crafted items at this point should be forgotten so new players jump right into legendaries.

(11-03-2020, 03:26 PM)Woody Wrote:
(11-03-2020, 03:15 PM)Forward Wrote: No one wants them' is definitely not true. I still met new players in this mod in 2020 (surprisingly). I bet your oranges are from unused classes that's why no demand. Reds the same so whatever.

I'm talking widely here and I'm not talking only about orange legendaries. 

Just 1 example out of many who wants this craftable over this legendary when both are similar value.  

[Image: 089c89841df0a47db6110e9f848abdc4.png] [Image: 1831dcb76d7c6fed71d19fd4749ae811.png]

(11-03-2020, 07:39 AM)Woody Wrote: The answer Is to not make house crafted items cheaper by removing their gold sinks and whatnot. That's been suggested and basic arguments can take it down.

(11-03-2020, 03:15 PM)Forward Wrote: And people mostly buy housecraftables for upgrades nowadays.

Not every house crafted item is used In upgrades like the Kriegsmesser for example. You say that like house crafted items at this point should be forgotten so new players jump right into legendaries.

Is that bad thing?
(11-03-2020, 03:34 PM)Forward Wrote: Is that bad thing?

Are you joking?

Half of the game's progression In items is currently not relevant. 

Why buy [most] of the Green items when a lot of Light Blue are so cheap
Why buy [a lot] of the Dark Blue items when some Orange Legendaries are so cheap
Why buy [some] of the Orange Legendaries when a few Red Legendaries are so cheap

Half of the game's models are not being used/wanted.