Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Rise from the Ashes
(19-06-2019, 07:01 AM)Woody Wrote: At what point did I say this player stops after getting the kills they need? If someone needs all bots in rag which is most people still it just expanded my point to more bots. 

Siege Master --> Nord Chosen Champion --> Einherjar Pikeman --> etc (in whatever order is easiest for that class and what you need for the quest the most)

"Not even killing the bot mind you." is in reference to it being about damage and not about killing the bot. 

So we're agreed it wouldn't be enough to modify behavior of players?

(19-06-2019, 07:01 AM)Woody Wrote: Let's say someone says "We need help at the cades" 
ATM if its bots you need is at the cades well your already trying to kill them I hope. With it being about damage/hp it would be more efficient to get the bots no one else is aiming for. With slashers or not even in mind the best bet would be aiming for the bots that are farthest away from the cades as they will be more likely to still have full Hp. 

Atm it's more efficient to work as a team were some "kill stealing" may take place.

vs

Were it would be efficient to work alone and try to hit every bot before anyone else does.

For this to be true, you have to demonstrate that the people who care about the quest prioritize the quest over winning the run, and further would ignore requests to help at the barricades. This hasn't been established.

(19-06-2019, 07:01 AM)Woody Wrote: I'm not going to bring up some bots heal each other so do you expect the Dev team to code a cutoff point for how much damage you can get out of a bot?

This was a "well over 10-year old" solved problem back on March 5, 2017. It would be a "well over 12-year old" solved problem today.

(19-06-2019, 07:01 AM)Woody Wrote:
(18-06-2019, 01:43 PM)Malong Wrote: I know you're probably not directing this towards me, but to make fully clear: My first post in this discussion (not first of the thread) just states this would make it "unquestionably equitable." I even typed that "it probably evens out." However I know implementation of mechanics in this mod very rarely takes merit into consideration. Quick text search of this thread shows that of the previous posts, only Woody's contain "problem" and one of Srellian's contains "issue." Again:

(04-05-2019, 05:19 PM)Woody Wrote: Kill stealing is a problem just like how to double peeking is a problem may be to a lesser extent but i see them being related. You complain when it happens to you but you don't complain when you do it.

Once again if its a problem it's so small who really gives a fuck. 

Read the quote, you're the only person who mentioned it being a problem. Unless you think have something against making quest credit "unquestionably equitable," in which case: 

(18-06-2019, 01:43 PM)Malong Wrote: [A]s a whole, I wish the community would improve at talking about merit.

(19-06-2019, 07:01 AM)Woody Wrote:
(16-06-2019, 04:57 PM)Malong Wrote: Over a long course of time, it probably evens out such that getting no credit from someone else getting the last hit to that player getting the last hit over someone else; but basing credit off damage would make it unquestionably equitable.

Nope. It would lead to a greater gap in the number of people that do the quest and the ones that don't.

And now you're picking one word out, and not even reading the whole sentence.

(19-06-2019, 07:01 AM)Woody Wrote: "Kill stealing" once again.

(04-05-2019, 05:19 PM)Woody Wrote: Kill stealing is a problem just like how to double peeking is a problem may be to a lesser extent but i see them being related. You complain when it happens to you but you don't complain when you do it.

I never complained about it, and yet again, in fact typed it probably evens out (i.e. "when you do it" counteracts "when it happens to you") over a long course of time, such as a minimum of 46500 individual kills. But why not reward people on a basis that is "unquestionably equitable" whenever possible?

(19-06-2019, 07:01 AM)Woody Wrote: Occam's Razor. The quest is fine or very close to it. This "fix" just adds more problems. A change in whats needed in the quest would be more beneficial to players then in what way you accomplish it.

I never typed it wasn't fine, that's why I strived to complete it. But you know what would make it better? A way to record your exact damage-based contribution to a bot's kill, instead of granting all credit going to the last hit.

(19-06-2019, 07:01 AM)Woody Wrote: This "fix" just adds more problems.

Addressed earlier; you haven't established that people will modify their behavior. If people aren't using the current most efficient method to complete this quest, it follows that they would not use the most efficient method to complete the quest in a different form.

(19-06-2019, 07:01 AM)Woody Wrote: Altho why work on trying to change this quest when time can be put in to make others better or to make new ones.

If you can demonstrate the new ones provide value and are worth implementing, then sure. But that decision is mutually exclusive of tuning a different feature.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
(19-06-2019, 03:57 PM)Malong Wrote: So we're agreed it wouldn't be enough to modify behavior of players?

(19-06-2019, 03:57 PM)Malong Wrote: For this to be true, you have to demonstrate that the people who care about the quest prioritize the quest over winning the run, and further would ignore requests to help at the barricades. This hasn't been established.

I agree not all players as not all players care about quests atm as after legacy of a hero it becomes a bit meh.

The people that want to do this quest most efficiently will pick the play style that's needed as they already do. You may need to demonstrate why people wouldn't. I would argue doing this playstyle would be done by a good amount of people including yourself. I can say this as you care more about efficiency than me but i would do it. I said the game would be harder and take longer but would that outcome be worth it. Yes. Even more so on normal and hard where it getting "harder" is not even a problem for people like us.

People ask "save that bot" all the time so most people are still invested in quests. You still have Inf taking big risks trying to kill Loke for example for Legacy.

Just think If this was for boss kills... Fuck me you would have people firing away when the dead are saying tome... tome!. This already happens to some extent but just think how bad it would be. Thank god you did not suggest that.

The Incentive to work by yourself with a change like this is so big people would do it.

People play runs to Loot, Do quests (for the reward), get mats/gold and some other factors that don't need to be said here. That's the core of Ni i would like to think. 
As said before and it seems you don't deny it [if] people pick that way of playing the game would 1. Be Harder by some % 2. Take longer by some %. 3. Thinking atm i guess It would be almost like damage stealing from other players by not helping the team only himself. I did say almost.

The game getting harder is not a problem for some teams. 2/3 of the quest is on normal and hard mind you and even then rag is very easy as the newest event will prove.

The game taking longer is something most people try to avoid, however... Given map choices and other things i would guess this would have less of an impact than some maps.

It can also be said I did not say all people would do this it would only take a few people every game. If we had 10 ranged people and 3 of them were doing this play style they would finish the quest faster and slow the others down. Given people are greedy i can't see why people would not do this play style if they want to do the quest the quickest. You may as well do quests in the meantime when you're looking for that sick loot. It's not like it takes much more skill for most teams as all it would do is extend the time played and difficulty level when the game is so easy atm.

Instead of "Siege Master" ill use Eastern Adventure from wave 13 normal. If we had a 16 man run it would only take 1 person with a bow to hit them in the body from far (if he could not 1 hit them).
Then once they get killed he would aim for Nord Veteran Berserker or Nord Axemaster or Swadian Deserter. On normal and hard the problem i see on rag gets amplified as now you don't need good gear to do this play style.

Saying it would even out does not make sense at all when people like me with ping or some other factors could never compete with just a person. Atm im over 80% on my mara if it was damage based from the start at what point would i ever catch up. If you say well you need to be 100% focused to get max... well i would just be doing that play style... Mind you most of my score has been using mangler were bots are already hit from someone else.  

In that department part of manglers downside is its speed when using its 2nd mode... Normally if someone has a legacy next to me were are about even in kills. I do more damage and his faster who do you think would win in this quest if it was damage related. (if i could not use throwing) I say the legacy would be "kill stealing" from me more and I'm fine with it. I use that class the most because i like it the most. I'm fine with its downsides as i value at least atm its positives more than any class. Buff sentry so it can be my new number 1. 

(18-06-2019, 01:43 PM)Malong Wrote: I never typed it wasn't fine, that's why I strived to complete it. But you know what would make it better? A way to record your exact damage-based contribution to a bot's kill, instead of granting all credit going to the last hit.
Close ill get to that in the next part.

Ive been thinking on this topic for some days on and off and think i may of found something that would make us and all people happy.

1st off i don't think i want this on bosses for the same point I said in this post. hp/damage quest for bosses would lead to kills with people dead. Max salt in Ni is when your dead for loot just because people not giving a shit about toming.

I came to this idea as in a very basic form what you want is to be rewarded for the assist. Assist got me thinking about other games like CsGo.

Let's say Malong hits a bot for 66% (2/3) then Forward 20% and last i get the kill. 

If a system was like if a player hits a bot for more than 60-75% of the Hp it has (I think 2/3 would be a good amount) they are rewarded with an assist. Note i would not want this lower than 60 as i would only want 2 people max being rewarded. 1 for the assist and the other the killing blow.

We could have in the game a counter next to the kills 

[Image: 003b59c8b89da9e40c776a10b96315cb.jpg]  

Ye, i have 350 kills in that pic but I'm sure the people below me would have more assists than kills. Showing assists ingame would make sense being a team game.

Now that I've given a brief intro to what I think assists should be in Ni ill go over what I think could be done with them. 

With Ashes, i would make it either

A. 2 assists are equal to 1 kill or B. they are equivalent so both players get that "kill" for that quest. Note people would be doing the quest a lot faster so im would be willing to say the people have done it already would be rewarded.

(18-06-2019, 01:43 PM)Malong Wrote: If you can demonstrate the new ones provide value and are worth implementing, then sure. But that decision is mutually exclusive of tuning a different feature.

Miscellaneous quests

Fixing Shields
were you get some shit shield. Like how Gears of War and Patchwork are.

Making cades
where you get a better cade then Gears of War

Healing (using meds)
where you get a better-med kit then Patchwork

^^^ 
For them 2 you could make it cades/meds/tomes/barrels are not crafted you get from doing quests. 
So get normal cade/normal wall/normal dep then the next quest is the next level of cades etc.

Shielding
I would want 3-4 different quests going from normal to rag and maybe beginner.

Crafting
https://forum.nordinvasion.com/showthread.php?tid=71164

Have ative house members

Do some amount of events as a house

Headshots
For Sniper/xbow/pikeman

Damage received
For Inf

Waves completed when alive
3-5 quests for each mode

Each wave would be given a point value so wave 1 is worth less than wave 15. 
I would also think about giving bonuses for passing each wave so it rewards doing the full run not just the end.

Total Bot Damage  
same as what you have been asking for but a small quest where it's not peoples main goal

Normal quests

I would also think about making a smaller quest that needs pure assists a bit like In It for the Long Haul (I, II, II) also were is my Long Haul IV for cav?

On the topic of Cav i think it needs a lot more quests as atm it has 2... when Beginner has 8

Moving Target III
Collecting Heads IV
Defender of (cav)
Congratulations, Minion Killer... <-- add cav bots
Prince Slayer (cav one)
Prime Slayer <-- add cav bots (maybe)
Then some basic ones.

A supermini Rise from the Ashes were its 100 of each bot.

A mini Rise from the Ashes were its 250 of each bot.

A better Rise from the Ashes were its 750 of each bot

A fucked Rise from the Ashes were its 1000 of each bot

Class quests
With the 4 main classes, i think it would be fun to have mini Long Haul series.

Each bot in game is given one of the 4 classes as some bots could be anything atm. With this Info, the Inf quest would be to kill all the Inf bots in normal x amount of times. Same goes with xbow, sniper and pikeman.

Given Inf normally have trouble getting to ranged bots this quest would be very achievable as inf at the cades.

Hero quests

(16-06-2019, 04:49 PM)Woody Wrote: I feel like rise of the ashes and a lot of other quests should just be for the 1 hero.

When the ability comes that quests can be for more than one character then I would make new ones and change some but not all. We have had this quest for too long it would be hard to change it now unless you compensate people.

Given this, I would make some quests locked to some heroes.

I would like to think quests for Wardens would be different from a Rg quests as well only seems fair. For how you go on about doing that well.  

Ranged classes like mp/warden/... should have more ranged bots were something like mara and zwei have melee bots in the quest. For stuff like rg or tank classes, it's harder to say but I feel tank classes could do with all the same bots the melee heroes get or a bit less + some ranged bots. For a hero like Cm I would think maybe it would be boss kills not bot kills. 

Rg I feel needs some quest where it can tell if your active shielding. With this, it would give you X number of points for each round. So each wave in Ni has a fixed number of points meaning the Quicks way to do the quest is to shield rag. Could add a multiplier on to it so the longer you survive the better it is pointwise. Also, think about giving Pc this quest.

Sentry and hoplite, I would consider as melee classes giving a buff (same quest as mara and zwei)

Senti, avent and leg should be a 60% ranged 40% melee or about 50/50.

(04-05-2019, 05:19 PM)Woody Wrote: What I want out of quests

To be rewarded for either playing a lot on 1 id or be rewarded for making more than 1 hero. Let the player choose.

To have goals that always feel unreachable but some that feel achievable

(Add meme about what's faction points)

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
(19-06-2019, 02:54 PM)Ken_Repeaterman Wrote: 51% Repeaterman
Probably my grandchildren will finish this work

This is my favorite post in this thread.
(20-06-2019, 08:49 AM)Winter Wrote:
(19-06-2019, 02:54 PM)Ken_Repeaterman Wrote: 51% Repeaterman
Probably my grandchildren will finish this work

Loots 

2018 - Sun Pike   
2018 - Severance 
2018 - Pride 
2018 - Mjolnir 
2018 - Legacy 
2018 - Ornate C. 
2018 - TigerScale A.
2019 - Dragon S. 
2019 - Gilded Bear A 
2019 - Gothic Plate 
2019 - Dark Gothic G. 
2020 - Gothic Sallet 
2020 - Defender Armour
2020 - Ailadrodd
2021 - Volundr
2021 - Hurricane

2021 - Defender G.
Lowering the ashes plank by implementing assists will greatly displeasure people who already completed it.

Assists do not even solve mentioned "boss killstealing" problem. Solution, as I said earlier, would be awarding everyone alive with 0.1 kill for repeatable boss kills quest purpose (no one cares about your repeatable quests progress anyway). And no more Loki killed half of the team because some noob wanted to melee him for a quest.

To see assists would be OK for some additional in-game competition (which is never fair competition because of position/gear/luck/whatever), personally I never care about scoreboard only about clearing waves fast and effective.

350 kills is very nice and I'm glad Woody still have AU servers not shut down.

Add adding cavalry bots to repeatable quests will greatly displeasure people who do not like to play cavalry.
(20-06-2019, 01:37 PM)Forward Wrote: Lowering the ashes plank by implementing assists will greatly displeasure people who already completed it.

Forgot to add this i guess 

https://forum.nordinvasion.com/showthread.php?tid=71799

As said here I'm perfectly fine with the people that have done it getting something.

If the people that have done it get the reward from  "Rise from the Ashes were its 750 of each bot" and the kills (750 of each bot) needed. So the reward for doing to so fast is now you are very close to 1000 of each bot + the 7.5m or what ever it would be.

If you give people some time lets say 5 weeks before you change it anyone at the 90-95% will have a big reason to play hard to get that reward.

(20-06-2019, 01:37 PM)Forward Wrote: Assists do not even solve mentioned "boss killstealing" problem.

Because its a very small one. The fix is to value the assist in killing the bot almost or as much as the kill for some quests.

(20-06-2019, 01:37 PM)Forward Wrote: For repeatable boss kills quest purpose (no one cares about your repeatable quests progress anyway). And no more Loki killed half of the team because some noob wanted to melee him for a quest.
You may not as you don't plan to make more heroes but lots of people still plan to make more or don't even have any.

Even in saying this i do care about Prime Slayer on my heroes. No, i don't look at it every week but every so often I'll go into my list of heroes and see if any is 1-2 kills away.

(20-06-2019, 01:37 PM)Forward Wrote: To see assists would be OK for some additional in-game competition (which is never fair competition because of position/gear/luck/whatever), personally I never care about scoreboard only about clearing waves fast and effective.

I don't see the scoreboard as competition most of the time i use it to see if people have been ative. With assists being up on it i can look at that as maybe they have been very unlucky with kills.

Yes it will be one more way competition can be done. I see no downsides other than how hard or easy it would be to code.

(20-06-2019, 01:37 PM)Forward Wrote: 350 kills is very nice and I'm glad Woody still have AU servers not shut down.

Small Flex. That was just my last screenshot i think with the scoreboard. This line was an important one. "I'm sure the people below me would have more assists than kills."

(20-06-2019, 01:37 PM)Forward Wrote: Add adding cavalry bots to repeatable quests will greatly displeasure people who do not like to play cavalry.

I only suggested 1 out of the 10s we have that are for more than 1 type of difficulty. If not that one make a new one with all 5 difficulties.

Prime Slayer i was very unsure for but like i said a new quest could be made in that case.

(20-06-2019, 02:41 PM)Woody Wrote:
(20-06-2019, 01:37 PM)Forward Wrote: Lowering the ashes plank by implementing assists will greatly displeasure people who already completed it.

Forgot to add this i guess 

https://forum.nordinvasion.com/showthread.php?tid=71799

As said here I'm perfectly fine with the people that have done it getting something.

If the people that have done it get the reward from  "Rise from the Ashes were its 750 of each bot" and the kills (750 of each bot) needed. So the reward for doing to so fast is now you are very close to 1000 of each bot + the 7.5m or what ever it would be.

If you give people some time lets say 5 weeks before you change it anyone at the 90-95% will have a big reason to play hard to get that reward.

Your way of thinking is focused on getting rewards.

My way of thinking is about focusing on achieving something in this game, or even complete or beat it, like seeing final credits in singleplayer one. I even would do it for cosmetic tabard (if NI/M&B would have them) rather then for Phoenix Feathers to be honest. The sense of pride and accomplishment, that's all about it.

And I will not have a goal to complete this quest ever again on any other hero, because I know how hard it is. If your goal to complete this quest on several heroes you should working hard on it instead of continiously asking to make it easier. Like I said, you obsessed with being rewarded. Look at this quest as on acheivement, not money source.

(20-06-2019, 02:41 PM)Woody Wrote:
(20-06-2019, 01:37 PM)Forward Wrote: To see assists would be OK for some additional in-game competition (which is never fair competition because of position/gear/luck/whatever), personally I never care about scoreboard only about clearing waves fast and effective.

I don't see the scoreboard as competition most of the time i use it to see if people have been ative. With assists being up on it i can look at that as maybe they have been very unlucky with kills.

Yes it will be one more way competition can be done. I see no downsides other than how hard or easy it would be to code.

You can see active people by kill count too, because you can't just be unlucky on long distance, say probabilities theory. If someone not getting kills over several waves it's not because he's unlucky, but because he's useless ("inactive" if you prefer this term).
(20-06-2019, 04:12 PM)Forward Wrote: Your way of thinking is focused on getting rewards.

My way of thinking is about focusing on achieving something in this game, or even "completing it" like seeing final credits in singleplayer one. I even would do it for cosmetic tabard (if NI/M&B would have them) rather then for Phoenix Feathers to be honest. The sense of pride and accomplishment, that's all about it.

And I will not have a goal to complete this quest ever again on any other hero, because I know how hard it is. If your goal to complete this quest on several heroes you should working hard on it instead of continiously asking to make it easier. Like I said, you obsessed with being rewarded. Look at this quest as on acheivement, not money source.

That's laughable calling the guy thats done.
Got all 16 heros
All 16 have max cav
All 16 have legacy of a hero done.
"Is focused on getting rewards"

I'm on my phone at this point so I'm not going copy the same part again for the 3rd or 4th time.

"What I want out of quests

To be rewarded for either playing a lot on 1 id or be rewarded for making more than 1 hero. Let the player choose.

To have goals that always feel unreachable but some that feel achieveable."

Me wanting something to do ATM is not strange at all. The gap between legacy of a hero and the next things are immense. Even the ones we have ATM that don't take that much longer well there reward feels like nothing to me and others. I'm perfectly fine with the people that have already completed rise of the ashes getting compensated. To what degree well that's not up to me but I'm perfectly fine with 7.5 mil or what ever a 750 of each bot quest would give. It would be noted I'm saying you get 7.5m and not me I'm still at 84% and don't plain on grinding out on mara any time soon.

(20-06-2019, 01:37 PM)Forward Wrote: You can see active people by kill count too, because you can't just be unlucky on long distance, say probabilities theory. If someone not getting kills over several waves it's not because he's unlucky, but because he's useless ("inactive" if you prefer this term).

Coming from csgo and a bit of TF2 getting lots assists but not much kills shows you were useful at least.

Using a pride at 109 speed means I'm more likely to be the finishing blow (if it was better)
Using a mangler at 92 speed I'm more likely to be hitting bots for over 66% but some guy with a bow comes in to take the kill.

Having assists on the score board may show some weapons actually get top assists when on kills they are low. We may find some things are actually very good at both or terrible at both. I hope from that we may see some better gear stats for classes if any anomalies are found.

(20-06-2019, 08:12 AM)Woody Wrote: The people that want to do this quest most efficiently will pick the play style that's needed as they already do. You may need to demonstrate why people wouldn't. I would argue doing this playstyle would be done by a good amount of people including yourself. I can say this as you care more about efficiency than me but i would do it.

I don't need to demonstrate why people would not modify their behavior, you brought up that behavior, not me. But anyway, if what you say is true, and people do care about completing the quest, they would already play the most efficient method. Do you think changing the parameters by which quest credit is given would suddenly incentivize more people to play differently? This hasn't been established. And then you are trying to project yourself to the rest of the game, but we're not like most players.

(20-06-2019, 08:12 AM)Woody Wrote: People ask "save that bot" all the time so most people are still invested in quests. You still have Inf taking big risks trying to kill Loke for example for Legacy. 

Just think If this was for boss kills... Fuck me you would have people firing away when the dead are saying tome... tome!. This already happens to some extent but just think how bad it would be. Thank god you did not suggest that.

"All the time?" I've only seen this asked once in public the past month and that was for Hodur. The only public players I've seen hitting Loki in melee were newer players that didn't know the mechanics. That's not "most people." As for people hitting bosses while others are dead: again, you have to demonstrate that they do this because they care about getting the boss kill, instead of any other reason.

(20-06-2019, 08:12 AM)Woody Wrote: The Incentive to work by yourself with a change like this is so big people would do it.
It can also be said I did not say all people would do this it would only take a few people every game. If we had 10 ranged people and 3 of them were doing this play style they would finish the quest faster and slow the others down. Given people are greedy i can't see why people would not do this play style if they want to do the quest the quickest. You may as well do quests in the meantime when you're looking for that sick loot. It's not like it takes much more skill for most teams as all it would do is extend the time played and difficulty level when the game is so easy atm.

If the few interested players trying to play optimally would be a problem, why has it not manifested into a problem for these 16 months of this quest's existence? Why can't a significant part of the population already play more efficiently by waiting until a bot is damaged before attempting to get the last hit? Why would changing credit from kills to damage dealt suddenly cause players who don't already care about efficiency to do otherwise? In other words, prove it!

(20-06-2019, 08:12 AM)Woody Wrote: As said before and it seems you don't deny it [if] people pick that way of playing the game would 1. Be Harder by some % 2. Take longer by some %. 3. Thinking atm i guess It would be almost like damage stealing from other players by not helping the team only himself. I did say almost.

What?

(20-06-2019, 08:12 AM)Woody Wrote: Instead of "Siege Master" ill use Eastern Adventure from wave 13 normal. If we had a 16 man run it would only take 1 person with a bow to hit them in the body from far (if he could not 1 hit them). 
Then once they get killed he would aim for Nord Veteran Berserker or Nord Axemaster or Swadian Deserter. On normal and hard the problem i see on rag gets amplified as now you don't need good gear to do this play style.

That's not the most efficient way. You want to complete each bot in a difficulty in as close a time interval as possible to avoid bottlenecks, or runs where you only need one bot from a wave that has multiple bots.

(20-06-2019, 08:12 AM)Woody Wrote: Saying it would even out does not make sense at all when people like me with ping or some other factors could never compete with just a person. Atm im over 80% on my mara if it was damage based from the start at what point would i ever catch up. If you say well you need to be 100% focused to get max... well i would just be doing that play style... Mind you most of my score has been using mangler were bots are already hit from someone else.

You really should read. Never did I post it "would even out" with this suggestion, but rather the current system probably evens out over the course of at least 46500 bots (i.e. sometimes someone gets the last hit on a bot I've been hitting, and sometimes I get the last hit on a bot someone else has been hitting, and it's probably about even, but not exactly, so we should strive to credit people accordingly).

Anyway, I think we finally got to the heart of your objection; you think it would make you take longer to complete the quest. But tell me, which is fair: someone does the initial 55% of the work and gets no credit, while someone else does the remaining 45% of the work and gets all the credit. Why not make it equitable based on the work each player has done?

(20-06-2019, 08:12 AM)Woody Wrote: In that department part of manglers downside is its speed when using its 2nd mode... Normally if someone has a legacy next to me were are about even in kills. I do more damage and his faster who do you think would win in this quest if it was damage related. (if i could not use throwing) I say the legacy would be "kill stealing" from me more and I'm fine with it. I use that class the most because i like it the most. I'm fine with its downsides as i value at least atm its positives more than any class. Buff sentry so it can be my new number 1. 

What is the relevance of this scenario? Are you planning on playing alongside someone else for the entirety of this quest? But anyway, it would still depend on a huge factor such as slashing spot, the movement of the bots and which part of the shield wall they go, where the ranged is aiming, etc.

(20-06-2019, 08:12 AM)Woody Wrote: Close ill get to that in the next part.

Ive been thinking on this topic for some days on and off and think i may of found something that would make us and all people happy.

1st off i don't think i want this on bosses for the same point I said in this post. hp/damage quest for bosses would lead to kills with people dead. Max salt in Ni is when your dead for loot just because people not giving a shit about toming.

Setting it that way for bosses would be fine with me. That's part of playing public servers: you can't feel entitled to being tomed in for a boss. I've been dead for many bosses that I would have been tomed in for if it was an event. Oh well, it's public, don't take it personally.

(20-06-2019, 08:12 AM)Woody Wrote: I came to this idea as in a very basic form what you want is to be rewarded for the assist. Assist got me thinking about other games like CsGo.

Let's say Malong hits a bot for 66% (2/3) then Forward 20% and last i get the kill. 

If a system was like if a player hits a bot for more than 60-75% of the Hp it has (I think 2/3 would be a good amount) they are rewarded with an assist. Note i would not want this lower than 60 as i would only want 2 people max being rewarded. 1 for the assist and the other the killing blow.

We could have in the game a counter next to the kills

Ye, i have 350 kills in that pic but I'm sure the people below me would have more assists than kills. Showing assists ingame would make sense being a team game.

Now that I've given a brief intro to what I think assists should be in Ni ill go over what I think could be done with them. 

With Ashes, i would make it either

A. 2 assists are equal to 1 kill or B. they are equivalent so both players get that "kill" for that quest. Note people would be doing the quest a lot faster so im would be willing to say the people have done it already would be rewarded.

The point of making quest credit based on damage dealt is to make it "unquestionably equitable," as dealing N% of damage to a bot gives you N% credit, so however much you contribute comes back to you as credit...

Your suggestion just takes the same idea to base it off damage, but draws an arbitrary line at which you receive credit and in an arbitrary amount. If you only want one person getting an assist credit, why not just make it > 50% (i.e. the minimum for this "issue" of two people getting assist credit to be solved). And you want to set it such that 60% of a job gets someone 50% of credit? [Q voice] What (is the correlation between 60% damage dealt and 50% credit)?! Why?!

(20-06-2019, 08:12 AM)Woody Wrote:
(18-06-2019, 01:43 PM)Malong Wrote: If you can demonstrate the new ones provide value and are worth implementing, then sure. But that decision is mutually exclusive of tuning a different feature.

[big block]

You missed the point. You already brought those quest ideas up in its own thread and it got no dev response. Irrespective of these posts and this discussion, that's your answer.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
The problem is you're only one(?) person in a whole mod who have 16 heroes and think everyone has same problems as you. 99% of players don't have even one hero class and full housecrafted gear set. If we would have developer in the thread I would ask for statistics how many of 107000 registered players have at least 1 hero character.

The game is not focused on munchkins like you and should not. The game should be accessible and attractive for major casual audience and it should be development team focus. If average new player will know how rich you are he will uninstall the game right after.