NordInvasion Forum

Full Version: The Order Of The Scarlet Blade [NA/EU][Level 32+]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(22-04-2012, 09:00 AM)clickeverywhere link Wrote: [ -> ]I feel we should avoid skulls. We are not aiming to be a biker gang. Personally I feel they are tacky.

I was putting those there mostly since some people had ideas for skulls with swords through them. I kind of like them, but it's also a little "obvious".  And as I've been playing with the images, I like some of the cleaner ones better.
(22-04-2012, 07:23 AM)clickeverywhere link Wrote: [ -> ]I'm liking these two the most:

[Image: Pj0vp.png][Image: 68eDw.png]

Also kind of like this, but not as much as the two above.
[Image: vtge2.png]
I like the upper left one, though I do think a middle stripe would look better than a V.

(22-04-2012, 09:00 AM)clickeverywhere link Wrote: [ -> ]I feel we should avoid skulls. We are not aiming to be a biker gang. Personally I feel they are tacky.
Agreed.
I added a few more variants of the lion and triple swords.

As it seems from those who have stronger feelings (combined with my neutral feeling), skulls would be out, so of the designs I've made so far, it seems down to the lion with sword and the triple swords.
(19-04-2012, 04:12 PM)Galen_Thalheimer link Wrote: [ -> ][Image: TeEf2.png]
I like this one the best.
I agree with avoiding skulls on the banner. Too close to other houses. A Swadian lion could be cool though.
Just picked up CS5.5, so I have no idea how to work half the tools lol.  This is something I whipped up in a few minutes, and if anyone knows how to do layer blending with CS5.5 give me a quick tut will ya =P.

[Image: IcLpi.png]
You want to set the "flag texture" as the highest layer and set the blending mode to "multiply".  Then put your design on the layers underneath it.

And personally, non-photographic stuff, it's better to use something like Inkscape or vector related. Plus, I already have a setup template (although, after delving into the banner DDS files, which are TOTAL mess -- thanks, Taleworlds -- my template needs to be altered to prevent artifacting of the final image.)

edit: dangling (
(23-04-2012, 05:54 AM)Turpis link Wrote: [ -> ]Just picked up CS5.5, so I have no idea how to work half the tools lol.  This is something I whipped up in a few minutes, and if anyone knows how to do layer blending with CS5.5 give me a quick tut will ya =P.
[Image: IcLpi.png]

I'm not a fan of the "fantasy" sword element, especially in light of the fact the mod has removed most of the fantasy looking weapons. I've added it to my page with the other prototypes.

I do like the white stripe on red, though, and I made another variant of mine which will be added as well when imgur comes back up.

Edit: grammar
So I have decide to wittle my way through the mass amounts of work Galen_Thalheimer has put in and its truelly great work to come up with a new poll to decide which one will be our new banner

1:[Image: Pj0vp.png] 2:[Image: TeEf2.png] 3:[Image: wulrf.png] 4:[Image: wveB0.png] 5:[Image: IcLpi.png]

(23-04-2012, 06:20 PM)freiwulf link Wrote: [ -> ]So I have decide to wittle my way through the mass amounts of work Galen_Thalheimer has put in and its truelly great work to come up with a new poll to decide which one will be our new banner

And just a reminder, Just vote for the basic design idea you like best. If one of my designs wins, I can easy change color/placement (for mine) which would happen as I check to make sure it works well on the shields. So don't get hung up on "I like this design, but not the colors/spacing". And also, let me know what changes you'd like in those elements as well.