NordInvasion Forum

Full Version: The Order Of The Scarlet Blade [NA/EU][Level 32+]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(04-05-2012, 08:10 AM)Jarold link Wrote: [ -> ]Its...its..its beautiful. Well done except, for one thing is it just me or does it look orange?

Nope, not orange. Might want to check your monitor, although I can see a little how you'd say that. The color is (255, 36,0), which is the definition for "Scarlet" which is red with slight hint of orange. The hue value is 6 instead of 0. The rest of the colors are just darker variants of that. I could make it more pure red, but honestly, it doesn't really shift the color that much.

(05-05-2012, 01:15 AM)Jarold link Wrote: [ -> ]If they just started to play I kinda feel like they stole our banner when they saw our thread  :'(

Um, I'd have to agree. I should have just posted in the SB forum instead. Sad But also to be fair, it is a free, not that hard to find vector, so whatever. I was also thinking of a variant of finding a new heraldic lion on both sides of the sword facing it.
(05-05-2012, 01:26 AM)Galen_Thalheimer link Wrote: [ -> ][quote author=Jarold link=topic=2204.msg25948#msg25948 date=1336119009]
Its...its..its beautiful. Well done except, for one thing is it just me or does it look orange?

Nope, not orange. Might want to check your monitor, although I can see a little how you'd say that. The color is (255, 36,0), which is the definition for "Scarlet" which is red with slight hint of orange. The hue value is 6 instead of 0. The rest of the colors are just darker variants of that. I could make it more pure red, but honestly, it doesn't really shift the color that much.

(05-05-2012, 01:15 AM)Jarold link Wrote: [ -> ]If they just started to play I kinda feel like they stole our banner when they saw our thread  :'(

Um, I'd have to agree. I should have just posted in the SB forum instead. Sad But also to be fair, it is a free, not that hard to find vector, so whatever. I was also thinking of a variant of finding a new heraldic lion on both sides of the sword facing it.
[/quote]

Do what you have to do, I wouldnt mind the three swords though. Could you upload some pics of the tri-sword on shields and heraldic?
(05-05-2012, 01:33 AM)Jarold link Wrote: [ -> ]Do what you have to do, I wouldnt mind the three swords though. Could you upload some pics of the tri-sword on shields and heraldic?

I already had some up of the three swords (although not tuned). However, there were a lot of votes for the lion, so I want to honor that to.

So I said F-it, and went looking for new vectors. I saw 2 really cool lions with swords, but I'm not shelling out real cash for it. Sorry. But I had a brainstorm that ended up not working, but gave me a really great idea that came out better than all the other designs I believe.

See updated main post (in signature) for my new idea -- one that honors everyone -- and it's looks AWESOME in the game, and it's my new favorite. Too many similar looking lions in the game in general. The only change might be that a dark red background might look nice.

Edit: added stuff
(19-04-2012, 04:12 PM)Galen_Thalheimer link Wrote: [ -> ]I was thinking of ideas for it (and was playing around with some prototypes).

Would we want some more weapon types in it (spear,arrow,bolt), or still just the sword? Stylized, or more graphic?

I was thinking of having the sword through a half-broken nord helmet.

edit: Here are some mockups. Of course, it is easy to change colong/position/size of elements as I'm using an SVG file. It really just depends on what kind of keel the house wants to have. I think the dark, rich colors look good for the background. I've provided some ideas. The real decision would be what we want the primary color of the emblem/shields/heraldic armor to be. A dark red might look good and still give the "Scarlet" feel when in the smaller emblem.

If anyone wants the SVG to play with their own variants, let me know, and I can supply it.

I also updated the colors to be Scarlet (255,36,0) instead of pure red, since you know, the name and all.

Forget the rest -- new one I created honoring both ideas (and most of the votes) -- and I Frankensteined the vectors, so no duplicates. Only real change might be a darker background if we like the deep red. I put a sample of a darker one, but we can go anywhere in between.
[Image: E0epm.png] [Image: S6yoY.png] [Image: oTqqg.jpg]

Final Lion (potentially being abandoned due to not wanting to be too similar as a new House's banner)
[Image: NfRwp.png] [Image: 72iTt.jpg]

Triple Sword (note -- I'd still have fine tune the positions of the swords)
[Image: N06ym.png] [Image: 2atLy.jpg]

2012-4-21 - went through and redid prototypes with the correct layer blending so the flag texture shows up in all elements, added triple swords, added Blondin's submissions. Somebody stop me, or I'll just keep generating new ones.
2012-4-22 - reorged to put options that more people seem to be liking in the bottom grouping, added some color variants, removed skull choices
2012-4-23 - added Turpis' prototype, added new #10, action shots
2012-5-3 added final for approval
2012-5-4 added new version based on originality

I like that lion one with the blade inside of it. If you compare the three sword one below it, the lion blade one looks orange imo just my screen I guess. Anyways im waiting for other members to see what they like.
I tend to agree with Jarold and Galen's posts above.

Actually they are all kinda cool. The sword in the lion is kinda growing on me.

I don't know about other SB'ers but I'm happy for Freiwulf and Jarold to make the final decision, what I want really is to get the new look out there and in use.

I see people with the old SB banner playing, but they haven't done the SB moniker before their name, I have no issue about that but I cant' remember who is actually in the house and it'd be nice to know if you are playing alongside actual housemates or not and switching to a new banner would help with that. While we all have people we like playing alongside in the house or not, I confess I'm more likely to help a housemate out in game than a stranger. 
(05-05-2012, 01:17 PM)Illithar link Wrote: [ -> ]I see people with the old SB banner playing, but they haven't done the SB moniker before their name, I have no issue about that but I cant' remember who is actually in the house and it'd be nice to know if you are playing alongside actual housemates or not and switching to a new banner would help with that. While we all have people we like playing alongside in the house or not, I confess I'm more likely to help a housemate out in game than a stranger.

Well, I'll admit I haven't added the SB -- I'm money poorish and haven't wanted to spend the 5K to do it. I was planning on putting some of my banner profits toward that.

And regarding the banner, putting a new one won't change who's using it, as it will be in the same slot, so people already using it, will keep using it. I"ve noticed a lot of non-house people using the banner lately (epsecially since I haven't seen lots of house players).
(05-05-2012, 09:43 AM)Jarold link Wrote: [ -> ]I like that lion one with the blade inside of it. If you compare the three sword one below it, the lion blade one looks orange imo just my screen I guess. Anyways im waiting for other members to see what they like.

Well, like I said, it does have some shift toward the orange to be "scarlet". I can VERY easily shift it back to pure red. It would take about 1 minute to shift all elements. I also think it might be a little of your monitor, as reds often come out slightly orange (as in, those aren't reproduced as well on monitors). I know after staring at colors for awhile, red does end up somewhat orange to me as well.

EDIT: I added up the pure red ones so you can see if they are still orange. I'd prefer more red than orange. If you are seeing that way, maybe others are too. Check original post.

Edit2: Egads --- NI update pending --- if we want to make this update (which may already be too late), we need to decide.
Can someone edit the poll and remove the banners? It is a nuisance to scroll past them every time I want to read the latest post. Smile
I must say you've done a very nice job on these, Galen. Both the Lions Head and Triple Swords look fantastic. Not sure if I prefer one over the other.
(05-05-2012, 11:02 PM)clickeverywhere link Wrote: [ -> ]I must say you've done a very nice job on these, Galen. Both the Lions Head and Triple Swords look fantastic. Not sure if I prefer one over the other.

And as a note, since I like things to be final before deciding, I cleaned up the triple swords to be a final version a well.

I keep switching back and forth as to which I like better. The triple swords is just really clean. The lion face is pretty cool to, but a little more modern looking. Both look really great in game. Even the one that one the vote looks good in game, minus the whole being duplicated.